01-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked:

'What do you feel, when you shoot a Terrorist?'

The Marine shrugged, and replied,
'A slight recoil.'

:lmao:

glockmail
01-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Unless of course its with a 50 cal, then it would be a rather large recoil. :lol:

Abbey Marie
01-04-2008, 01:09 PM

'A slight recoil.'

Excellent! :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Was the Marine a sociopath incapable of feeling empathy for others or of feeling the regret that normal people feel after they kill another human being? :dunno: I don't get why the question was stupid. Maybe the joke should be called "Using humor to hide the pain associated with war." :dunno:

Sitarro
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM

'A slight recoil.'

I would have loved to see the reaction on little Katie's face.:laugh2:

glockmail
01-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Was the Marine a sociopath incapable of feeling empathy for others or of feeling the regret that normal people feel after they kill another human being? :dunno: I don't get why the question was stupid. Maybe the joke should be called "Using humor to hide the pain associated with war." :dunno:

Huck had a good quote in his victory speech last night. It went something like: 'A good soldier is not driven by hate towards the people in front of him, but by love of those behind him'. Therefore the good soldier would feel nothing towards the enemy that he just killed.

nevadamedic
01-04-2008, 01:44 PM

Wow you feel sorry for the terrorist who is trying to kill him and undermine the American Way of life? You are living in the wrong country and should move to the Middle East and then we will see how long you last you little punk.

Abbey Marie
01-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Huck had a good quote in his victory speech last night. It went something like: 'A good soldier is not driven by hate towards the people in front of him, but by love of those behind him'. Therefore the good soldier would feel nothing towards the enemy that he just killed.

Great quote, G.

Isn't a certain amount of emotional "distance" necessary to be an effective soldier?

(thread moved to accomodate the more serious military discussion).

Sitarro
01-04-2008, 01:50 PM

If a grizzly was about to attack a bunch of your frat friends getting drunk around a campfire, would you "tear-up" when pulling the trigger knowing that you are taking the life of a fellow earth being? That is if you could fire a high powered weapon without dropping it or hitting yourself in the face like the girl in dmp's avatar. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: excuse me, I just pictured you firing a .30-06...... :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

glockmail
01-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Great quote, G.

Isn't a certain amount of emotional "distance" necessary to be an effective soldier?

(thread moved to accomodate the more serious military discussion).

Thank Huck, not me. It was in his speech last night.

I think the point is that there is no emotion at all directed to the enemy. all your emotion should be positive, and directed towards those who support you. Its no different that me killing a spider that invaded my daughter's room.

Pale Rider
01-04-2008, 03:44 PM

The Marine is "trained to kill." The Marine was "doing his job." Like all the Marines that have come before him, and all those that shall follow. Nobody said war was easy. It takes tough men to fight a war, and even tougher men to be Marines. You should be thankful we have Marines, instead of wondering why they don't go crying home to mommy because they picked off some piece of shit terrorist.

gabosaurus
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Actually, the marine's reply was slightly edited.
His complete reply was "A slight recoil, you dumass bitch"

Cheyenne
01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
....'A good soldier is not driven by hate towards the people in front of him, but by love of those behind him'.....You know, I was just discussing this with someone two days ago.

Whatever your political view, however much you agree or disagree with those in power, these are our men & women; our brothers & sister, husbands & wives, who are doing what they have been sent to do. We need to support them.
If you have a problem with what they're doing, go to the right people.
Our soldiers are not at fault.

And I truly believe that we are the nation we are because of the men & women who have fought so desperately for our freedom. We're the only country that is this great.

82Marine89
01-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Or he could have blown the fucker away knowing he was saving the lives of other Marines. War sucks, killing someone is worse, but if you don't want to die, don't fuck with a Marine sniper.

OCA
01-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Wow you feel sorry for the terrorist who is trying to kill him and undermine the American Way of life? You are living in the wrong country and should move to the Middle East and then we will see how long you last you little punk.

But here we have one who rails against illegals but feels sorry when one is apprehended at his so called security job.

Can anyone say hypocrite?

OCA
01-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Or he could have blown the fucker away knowing he was saving the lives of other Marines. War sucks, killing someone is worse, but if you don't want to die, don't fuck with a Marine sniper.

The way I see it is kill or be killed, better him than me.

I guarantee you that these asshole insurgents don't give two shits about anyone they clip, in fact they have been known to celebrate the kill.

nevadamedic
01-05-2008, 03:53 PM
But here we have one who rails against illegals but feels sorry when one is apprehended at his so called security job.

Can anyone say hypocrite?

It's called compassion asswipe, it's what seperates us from animals. Everyone I have put in cuffs so far I have felt a little bit of compassion for. You should try it sometime.

82Marine89
01-05-2008, 03:55 PM
It's called compassion asswipe, it's what seperates us from animals. Everyone I have put in cuffs so far I have felt a little bit of compassion for. You should try it sometime.

I don't have compassion for folks who break the law.

OCA
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't have compassion for folks who break the law.

Most normal people don't, legal or illegal.

Compassion=excuses

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-05-2008, 04:53 PM
You have never been in a life or death situation, and had to decide whether you live or die, have you? The choice is an easy one.

When I was a kid learning how to be a life guard, it was taught by the Red Cross, that if you go in to save a life, you should NEVER endanger your own...or risk losing your own life.....

I found it a good lesson when I was in the Corps.....if you have the chance/choice.....don't get killed, and do everything you can to eliminate those who would kill you, your family, unit, Americans or innocent civilians. It is an easy choice.

Kathianne
01-05-2008, 04:57 PM
You have never been in a life or death situation, and had to decide whether you live or die, have you? The choice is an easy one.

When I was a kid learning how to be a life guard, it was taught by the Red Cross, that if you go in to save a life, you should NEVER endanger your own...or risk losing your own life.....

I found it a good lesson when I was in the Corps.....if you have the chance/choice.....don't get killed, and do everything you can to eliminate those who would kill you, your family, unit, Americans or innocent civilians. It is an easy choice.

Read on the RIGHT:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9122/limacompanysignep6.jpg

actsnoblemartin
01-05-2008, 06:15 PM
katie couric is a moron, who's degree in journalism should be revoked.

No wonder nobody is watching her

'A slight recoil.'

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-07-2008, 09:19 AM
It is a nice sentiments, but: http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/recoil.asp

NOT TRUE

'A slight recoil.'

glockmail
01-07-2008, 12:54 PM

NOT TRUE

I was thinking of snoping this one myself but was having too much fun with it.

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 01:26 PM
That's probably why Cheyenne posted it in the Humor forum. I moved it because the discussion turned more serious.

Cheyenne
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM

NOT TRUEYou snoped a joke? That's why it started in humor. It just morphed into a more serious discussion.

glockmail
01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
That's probably why Cheyenne posted it in the Humor forum. I moved it because the discussion turned more serious. So you're to blame!
:poke:

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 01:58 PM
So you're to blame!
:poke:

Nope. You and Gadget are for forgetting where it was posted. :laugh2:

glockmail
01-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Nope. You and Gadget are for forgetting where it was posted. :laugh2: Douh!:blowup:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Good one....I got GOT.

Gaffer
01-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Not only is it a joke its an old joke. Kinda like the Israeli pilot asked by a reporter "How far would you go to stop iran from getting a nuke?" He replied, "About 1200 kilometers."

Abbey Marie
05-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Here’s a fun old thread.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 10:29 PM
Here’s a fun old thread.
You must be bored... :laugh:

Gunny
05-19-2018, 10:39 PM

Wow. Some OLD names in this thread.

To answer the question, the "Marine sociopath" didn't feel a thing. Removing those that would destroy me, my family and friends and our way of life from the inbred gene pool of Islamic extremism is doing the World a service.

I forgot what a douche hagbard celine was.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 10:50 PM
Wow. Some OLD names in this thread.

To answer the question, the "Marine sociopath" didn't feel a thing. Removing those that would destroy me, my family and friends and our way of life from the inbred gene pool of Islamic extremism is doing the World a service.

I forgot what a douche hagbard celine was.
No shit... just the THOUGHT of someone hurting ANYONE in my family, and by God that even includes my CAT, makes me see red. I will hurt you, and chances are better you'll need a HEARSE rather than an ambulance.

SassyLady
05-20-2018, 03:04 AM
Relief.

Gunny
05-20-2018, 11:05 AM
No shit... just the THOUGHT of someone hurting ANYONE in my family, and by God that even includes my CAT, makes me see red. I will hurt you, and chances are better you'll need a HEARSE rather than an ambulance.IIRC, Hagbard Celine was Canadian or Brit, and one of those PC, apologista, anti-US, ultra-left types whose argumes always consisted of slapping some big words together to try a go against the norm with some flawed reasoning.

Abbey Marie
05-20-2018, 11:12 AM
IIRC, Hagbard Celine was Canadian or Brit, and one of those PC, apologista, anti-US, ultra-left types whose argumes always consisted of slapping some big words together to try a go against the norm with some flawed reasoning.

Extremely smug, I recall.