PDA

View Full Version : I hate waiting

01-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Election is going on right now. im worried about the outcome. This election could be the start of either good or bad things for this country. Im praying that the best person wins.

glockmail
01-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Election is going on right now. im worried about the outcome. This election could be the start of either good or bad things for this country. Im praying that the best person wins. Ain't it great that less than 1% of the population gets to decide for us who the nominations go to? The primary system sucks.

Dilloduck
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I think Hillary will be our next president---no need to work yourself into a tizzy.

retiredman
01-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I, for one, would be perfectly happy with one national primary day. Every party member in every state has the chance to vote on that day for their favorite. Their state's delegates are apportioned based upon the vote. If, at the end of the day, one candidate has a majority of the delegates required for nomination, the national conventions become mere ceremonies. If not, standard brokered convention rules would apply, like in the good old days before primaries.

01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
the primary states should change dates on a rotating basis so every state gets a chances to be the first.

Dilloduck
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
the primary states should change dates on a rotating basis so every state gets a chances to be the first.

Do you think the Iowa results mean a thing ?

retiredman
01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Iowa standing will impact momentum which will impact fundraising which will impact advertising which will impact voter awareness. Iowa standing will also impact media coverage which will impact voter awareness...it is a cycle...and besides going round and round, everybody's spin cycle has an altitude component... they are either rising or they are swirling down the bowl and the way this campaign is so front end loaded, there are precious few, if any opportunities to reverse the climb/dive direction.

Dilloduck
01-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Iowa standing will impact momentum which will impact fundraising which will impact advertising which will impact voter awareness. Iowa standing will also impact media coverage which will impact voter awareness...it is a cycle...and besides going round and round, everybody's spin cycle has an altitude component... they are either rising or they are swirling down the bowl and the way this campaign is so front end loaded, there are precious few, if any opportunities to reverse the climb/dive direction.

A good spin doctor can make the Iowa results disappear. With all due respect to Iowa, it's electors mean nothing in a national election. How many return visits do you think candidates will make to the Hawkeye State?

LiberalNation
01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
WHen do the official results come in. Tomorrow?

LiberalNation
01-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Never miond, they are saying Obama won on the dem side, huckabee on the repub. I don't like either.

PostmodernProphet
01-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Do you think the Iowa results mean a thing ?

the bad news for Obama is that the winner of the Democratic caucus has NEVER been elected president.......

Dilloduck
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Never miond, they are saying Obama won on the dem side, huckabee on the repub. I don't like either.

You actually like somebody ? :laugh2:

LiberalNation
01-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Hillary's my girl man. She's prolly a stuck up elitist but I like seeing woman in high places with some power.

Dilloduck
01-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Hillary's my girl man. She's prolly a stuck up elitist but I like seeing woman in high places with some power.

No worries--she'll be there. Lot's of women are going to support her for the very same reason. Gender. ( secret ballots make a huge difference --half if Obama's supporters are probably people who wanna prove they aren't bigots in public )

01-03-2008, 11:36 PM
No worries--she'll be there. Lot's of women are going to support her for the very same reason. Gender. ( secret ballots make a huge difference --half if Obama's supporters are probably people who wanna prove they aren't bigots in public )

hey. identity politics worked for Huckabee. Why not Hillary too? Who the hell cares about the issues anymore. I mean other than us.

Dilloduck
01-03-2008, 11:37 PM
hey. identity politics worked for Huckabee. Why not Hillary too? Who the hell cares about the issues anymore. I mean other than us.

Issues ??? In American politics ????? :laugh2:

Yurt
01-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Election is going on right now. im worried about the outcome. This election could be the start of either good or bad things for this country. Im praying that the best person wins.

Does this actually help? I find .......well, hmm, my prayers are prayers, but, they seem to be selfish, I don't know, never really prayed about a politician winning.

The only thing I pray for is that God with His son comes soon... Not really sure how to pray about politics.

So, what if, another believer prays for another candidate?

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 12:23 AM
I, for one, would be perfectly happy with one national primary day. Every party member in every state has the chance to vote on that day for their favorite. Their state's delegates are apportioned based upon the vote. If, at the end of the day, one candidate has a majority of the delegates required for nomination, the national conventions become mere ceremonies. If not, standard brokered convention rules would apply, like in the good old days before primaries.

I think we found an area of agreement. One candidate from the party needs to win by at least 8 points, other than that, let the convention decide.

01-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Does this actually help? I find .......well, hmm, my prayers are prayers, but, they seem to be selfish, I don't know, never really prayed about a politician winning.

The only thing I pray for is that God with His son comes soon... Not really sure how to pray about politics.

So, what if, another believer prays for another candidate?

cant hurt can it?

im starting to think the return of the Lord is the only thing that will save this country.

gabosaurus
01-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I am also tired of waiting. The long load times on DP drive me nuts sometimes.

01-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I am also tired of waiting. The long load times on DP drive me nuts sometimes.

then get a cable or dsl connection