PDA

View Full Version : UN Passes Resolution Protecting Islam/Muslims From Criticism

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 12:58 AM
One religion specified.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/ukcorrespondents/holysmoke/dec07/islam-resolution.htm

Don't criticise Islam, says UN
Posted by Damian Thompson on 31 Dec 2007 at 14:02
Tags: Islam, United Nations, Religion, terrorism, Ideology, UN resolution

It didn’t attract much notice, but the General Assembly of the United Nations ended the year by a disgusting resolution protecting Islam from criticism of its human rights violations.

The United Nations General Assembly in session
The resolution shows a worrying acceptance of Islamic ideology

Lots of non-Muslims voted for it – a sign that more and more corrupt Third World governments are identifying with the ideology of Islam, even if they don't accept its doctrines.

The resolution goes under the innocuous title "Combating defamation of religions" – but the text singles out "Islam and Muslims in particular". It expresses "deep concern that Islam is frequently and wrongly associated with human rights violations and terrorism".

Psychoblues
01-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Before you piss all over yourself, kitty, would you think a resolution forbidding criticism of Christians by Islamic peoples would be OK? I think it would.

Immanuel
01-04-2008, 08:30 AM
What do you mean Islam can't be criticized for it's human rights violations? That is ridiculous! And yes, Psycho, if Christians are violating human rights, they too should be criticized.

WTF(udge) is up with this resolution?

"Duh!

1) Resolved: We know the barbaric religion of Islam treats women like crap.

2) Resolved: The systematic capture, torture and beheading of humans is barbaric and a clear violation of human rights.

etc, etc. etc.

Conclusion: Despite these 911 resolved facts be it known that we choose to ignore the facts and condemn anyone who would justly condemn these actions and insist that they refrain from the criticism of Islam for its actions."

Give me a break!

Immie

TheSage
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
And our government funds this organization more than anyone else? WHere are the allegedly freedom oriented neocon pundits now?

Our government plans to reduce our country to a third world barabaric nation and you people are sitting here smiling day in day out, in your false sense of security that neocons care about you.

DrJohn
01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
The UN is completely out of touch. We ought to take all of the money that we give them and put it into something useful.

Does anybody even pay attention to their resolutions?

TheSage
01-04-2008, 10:05 AM
The UN is completely out of touch. We ought to take all of the money that we give them and put it into something useful.

Does anybody even pay attention to their resolutions?

Yes. But we won't. Because the elites are happy with totalitarian brutal ideologies like Islam. That's the sad truth of it.

darin
01-04-2008, 10:36 AM
And our government funds this organization more than anyone else? WHere are the allegedly freedom oriented neocon pundits now?

Our government plans to reduce our country to a third world barabaric nation and you people are sitting here smiling day in day out, in your false sense of security that neocons care about you.

What are YOU doing about it?

TheSage
01-04-2008, 10:41 AM
What are YOU doing about it?

At least I discuss it. Instead of shoving it under the rug like the neocons you think care about freedom.

darin
01-04-2008, 10:50 AM
So...basically you're even worse. You KNOW about this vast conspiracy. You berate others for doing nothing - for not believing you. Yet, all you do is provide color-commentary as things come to pass. You know of this evil and are content to let it happen. How nice for you.

TheSage
01-04-2008, 10:52 AM
So...basically you're even worse. You KNOW about this vast conspiracy. You berate others for doing nothing - for not believing you. Yet, all you do is provide color-commentary as things come to pass. You know of this evil and are content to let it happen. How nice for you.

Im not content. Im just relatively powerless. Why are you attacking me? Doesn't this bother you? You're proving my point.

darin
01-04-2008, 10:53 AM
So - You're powerless to do anything, yet WE are somehow bad for 'not doing anything' about it?

glockmail
01-04-2008, 10:56 AM

I'd been advocating abolishmnet of the UN from NYC for years now. Ted Turner could make some nice condos out of that building.

TheSage
01-04-2008, 10:56 AM
So - You're powerless to do anything, yet WE are somehow bad for 'not doing anything' about it?

I'm referring to the conservative pundits on the radio that we all admire. Where are they? WHere is fox news on this? This is kind of a big deal. Awareness is the first stage of doing something about it, and they're not willing to mention it. I haven't heard a thing.

darin
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
gotcha.

TheSage
01-04-2008, 02:30 PM
I gotta give Kathianne credit on the great find. Way to go Kathianne!:dance:

Im just cheesed I have to hear things like this from someone on a forum instead of so called "new outlets"

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I gotta give Kathianne credit on the great find. Way to go Kathianne!:dance:

Im just cheesed I have to hear things like this from someone on a forum instead of so called "new outlets"

The 'new outlets' have now been around for more than 7 years. The best are not necessarily tied to the old either. It takes a lot of reading, but good tend to link to good, making it much easier. Mistakes? Of course. Difference is, they correct them, quickly. Not so much the 'old media.'

TheSage
01-04-2008, 02:45 PM
The 'new outlets' have now been around for more than 7 years. The best are not necessarily tied to the old either. It takes a lot of reading, but good tend to link to good, making it much easier. Mistakes? Of course. Difference is, they correct them, quickly. Not so much the 'old media.'

I meant to say "news outlets" . Meaning the old media. Im not as bloggy as you are. keep up the good work.

actsnoblemartin
01-04-2008, 09:29 PM
criticism of any religion should be allowed, and funny how the u.n. mentions nothing about the anti semitism taught in many arab schools and in many arab cultures

Before you piss all over yourself, kitty, would you think a resolution forbidding criticism of Christians by Islamic peoples would be OK? I think it would.

5stringJeff
01-05-2008, 06:05 PM
F&%K ISLAM!!!

Yurt
01-05-2008, 06:31 PM
F&%K ISLAM!!!

BANNED :laugh2:

01-05-2008, 06:33 PM

yeah cause free speech might actually cause people to point out problems with other people. Someone might get offended.

Kathianne
01-05-2008, 06:33 PM
F&%K ISLAM!!!

Jeff, was that in response to Martin's comment? :laugh2:

01-05-2008, 06:34 PM
This makes me hope Romney or Paul get elected because they are the only major candidates I know of who have been seriously critical of the United abomiNations.

Others may have. But I know Paul would pull out completely and Romney has threatened to defund it.

01-05-2008, 06:37 PM
F&%K ISLAM!!!

You know, that is just so much funnier with you saying that and your avatar picture together. haha

Dilloduck
01-05-2008, 06:40 PM
This makes me hope Romney or Paul get elected because they are the only major candidates I know of who have been seriously critical of the United abomiNations.

Others may have. But I know Paul would pull out completely and Romney has threatened to defund it.

Which is one reason that I think they both have an uphill battle.

5stringJeff
01-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Jeff, was that in response to Martin's comment? :laugh2:

Actually, in response to the UN resolution. But I'll take all the credit I can get! :D

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 04:44 AM
excellent point, god forbid any criticizes anyone or anything

all is equal, we cant judge

:laugh2:

yeah cause free speech might actually cause people to point out problems with other people. Someone might get offended.

Said1
01-06-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm always disappointed when on-line 'media outlets' don't quote text properly or cite (link) their references. When I looked it up myself, I was surprised to see the first vote took place in 2005. I was also shocked at it's opposition. Not surprisingly, most who voted for it were Muslims. :laugh2: