PDA

View Full Version : Clinton still leading the Democrat race

01-04-2008, 02:28 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#val=D

She has over three times the amount of delegates. It can change alot still but dont think her loss in Iowa counts her out.

gabosaurus
01-04-2008, 03:46 PM
You have really got that woody for Hillary going now.

PostmodernProphet
01-04-2008, 03:59 PM

She has over three times the amount of delegates. It can change alot still but dont think her loss in Iowa counts her out.

interesting, since only one state has selected its' delegates so far.....

OCA
01-04-2008, 04:03 PM

Why on earth would anyone think that that counted her out? She is going into New Hampshire, practically her political backyard and then to the South where Obama stands little or no chance and where her husband is a God...see the pattern developing?

Remember this fact: the Clintons do not lose elections.

Pale Rider
01-04-2008, 04:11 PM

You keep saying that... yet you're not sure enough of it to bet on it...

OCA
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
You keep saying that... yet you're not sure enough of it to bet on it...

I ain't betting on someone I dislike i've decided, don't change the fact that they don't lose elections in the last 27 years....or do you know where he or she lost one?

DrJohn
01-04-2008, 05:30 PM
How does she have so many delegates and she lost?
Is that 'projected' votes???

01-04-2008, 05:51 PM
How does she have so many delegates and she lost?
Is that 'projected' votes???

No. There are assigned and unassigned delegates. The assigned delegates are a result from the state elections. The unassiged are usually determined, either by statute or by officials in the party. The Clintons still have control of the party and she is likely to dominate alot of the unassignged delegates.

Also, its not projected. that's how many delegates she currently has

DrJohn
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
No. There are assigned and unassigned delegates. The assigned delegates are a result from the state elections. The unassiged are usually determined, either by statute or by officials in the party. The Clintons still have control of the party and she is likely to dominate alot of the unassignged delegates.

Also, its not projected. that's how many delegates she currently has

Thanks

01-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Sorry, I forgot that with the Democrats they are called superdelegates that and the assigned/unassigned distinction is among the Republicans.

typomaniac
01-04-2008, 05:54 PM

Wouldn't matter. Obama backers and most swing voters would hold their noses and vote for her over any GOP heavyweight.

Yurt
01-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Why on earth would anyone think that that counted her out? She is going into New Hampshire, practically her political backyard and then to the South where Obama stands little or no chance and where her husband is a God...see the pattern developing?

While an important and interesting fact, this alone does not make someone a sure winner. However, you are right on Iowa, Iowa is nothing, a pebble in the caucuses/primaries to come. She will take NH, sweep the south and take the dem nod.

I am still out on her taking the whole thing though. Not that I think you are wrong, but still out.

01-04-2008, 06:23 PM

They did last night.

OCA
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
While an important and interesting fact, this alone does not make someone a sure winner. However, you are right on Iowa, Iowa is nothing, a pebble in the caucuses/primaries to come. She will take NH, sweep the south and take the dem nod.

I am still out on her taking the whole thing though. Not that I think you are wrong, but still out.

I understand that, the thing is people have been counting the Clintons out their whole political life, they are always down for the count and there are always rumours swirling about them and as if by magic! POOF! There they are....elected and in office.

What people here don't understand or won't admit is its not the Clintons themselves that do this but its the people around them...........for chrissakes! Everyone knew that Bubba was a philandering scumbag back in 91and 92 and not only does he get elected once but he gets reelected! These people are geniuses and Hillary has most of the same people running her show.

Dilloduck
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
They did last night.

There is no peer pressure in a voting booth.

OCA
01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
They did last night.

That was not an election Avatar, i'm talking the whole enchilada and you are enjoying the loss in a pissant caucus. I'm simply amazed she got 30% in a hostile enviroment.

We are moving to New Hampshire, her political backyard, what do you think is going to happen there? Then to the south where I see her winning with Edwards a close 2nd and Osama falling back to a distant 3rd where he comes limping into super Tuesday.

OCA
01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
There is no peer pressure in a voting booth.

Ain't that the truth! Thats why I think the caucases, although an important momentum builder, are a joke. All that deal making and crap, wreaks of corruption and selling out if you ask me.

Yurt
01-04-2008, 06:38 PM
I understand that, the thing is people have been counting the Clintons out their whole political life, they are always down for the count and there are always rumours swirling about them and as if by magic! POOF! There they are....elected and in office.

What people here don't understand or won't admit is its not the Clintons themselves that do this but its the people around them...........for chrissakes! Everyone knew that Bubba was a philandering scumbag back in 91and 92 and not only does he get elected once but he gets reelected! These people are geniuses and Hillary has most of the same people running her show.

Right, but you are talking about slick willy. That guy is smooth, teflon no doubt. Hillary is the opposite, she is abrasive. It is possible that teflon and abrasion will meld to create a smooth/uncomfortable surface, but she is not a shoe in like Bill. That guy still commands a room.

What exactly has hillary lost or won that matters, other than NY? I can see your probable point that NY is not a small matter or a small seat. Fair enough. And this is why Iowa is nothing but a pebble to her. I just don't think you can compare slicky with hillary in terms of "never" losing an election.

OCA
01-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Right, but you are talking about slick willy. That guy is smooth, teflon no doubt. Hillary is the opposite, she is abrasive. It is possible that teflon and abrasion will meld to create a smooth/uncomfortable surface, but she is not a shoe in like Bill. That guy still commands a room.

What exactly has hillary lost or won that matters, other than NY? I can see your probable point that NY is not a small matter or a small seat. Fair enough. And this is why Iowa is nothing but a pebble to her. I just don't think you can compare slicky with hillary in terms of "never" losing an election.

Her handlers are geniuses, they will overcome any personality defect and make it into a plus.

01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
That was not an election Avatar, i'm talking the whole enchilada and you are enjoying the loss in a pissant caucus. I'm simply amazed she got 30% in a hostile enviroment.

We are moving to New Hampshire, her political backyard, what do you think is going to happen there? Then to the south where I see her winning with Edwards a close 2nd and Osama falling back to a distant 3rd where he comes limping into super Tuesday.

I'm willing to bet the Iowans would disagree with your assessment of their caucus not being an election.

However, I am not denying she is still a threat. I just disagree with you that she is unbeatable.

OCA
01-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm willing to bet the Iowans would disagree with your assessment of their caucus not being an election.

However, I am not denying she is still a threat. I just disagree with you that she is unbeatable.

Election? No. Its like in football, it was 1 game in the season on the way to the Super Bowl.

Yurt
01-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Her handlers are geniuses, they will overcome any personality defect and make it into a plus.

shrill

there is only so much you can do to mold shit into gold. again, i am in agreement that hillary will win the dem nod and the presidency, but, not if I can help it.

an interesting point, the "supposed" secret societies of Bush and Clinton, Kerry.......etc, those we do not know, are probably waging a war we don't understand, with those who are our enemies. clinton has that from her husband, this is why sr. bush has been seen openly friendly with her and has made positive comments about her.

we live in a strange time. i have to tell you, i was hoping to hear much more hard talk from republicans on the religious war that is upon us.

Dilloduck
01-04-2008, 07:12 PM
shrill

there is only so much you can do to mold shit into gold. again, i am in agreement that hillary will win the dem nod and the presidency, but, not if I can help it.

an interesting point, the "supposed" secret societies of Bush and Clinton, Kerry.......etc, those we do not know, are probably waging a war we don't understand, with those who are our enemies. clinton has that from her husband, this is why sr. bush has been seen openly friendly with her and has made positive comments about her.

we live in a strange time. i have to tell you, i was hoping to hear much more hard talk from republicans on the religious war that is upon us.

It's way to dangerous to discuss an issue. :laugh2: Iowa voters want a change---- pretty vague to me. Particulary because we are going to end up with the SAME TWO parties. Fat chance things will change much.

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 07:15 PM
One candidate has written extensively on the issues, including social security:

http://www.fred08.com/Principles/PrinciplesSummary.aspx?View=OnTheIssues

and here.

http://www.fred08.com/Principles/PrinciplesSummary.aspx?View=WhitePapers

Dilloduck
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
One candidate has written extensively on the issues, including social security:

http://www.fred08.com/Principles/PrinciplesSummary.aspx?View=OnTheIssues

Lotta good it did him.

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Lotta good it did him.

Not in Iowa, though he did alright, we'll see about South Carolina.