PDA

View Full Version : Obama draws white and female vote

gabosaurus
01-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Go read the package of stories in the Des Moines Register. It is pretty fascinating.
Minorities make up three percent of the population in Iowa. Yet Obama was able to take a bigt win. He also drew more female voters than Hillary.

I have to admit being astounded by this. I fully expected Obama to finish behind Hillary and Edwards.

OCA
01-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Go read the package of stories in the Des Moines Register. It is pretty fascinating.
Minorities make up three percent of the population in Iowa. Yet Obama was able to take a bigt win. He also drew more female voters than Hillary.

I have to admit being astounded by this. I fully expected Obama to finish behind Hillary and Edwards.

Obama finished way ahead in the politically naive 18-25 category, as the ages grew older and intelligence grew his consituents became fewer. He'd better hope he can keep bullshitting the youth because the rest don't buy what he's selling.

gabosaurus
01-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Last time I checked, everyone got the same right to vote.

DrJohn
01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Last time I checked, everyone got the same right to vote.

Yep, those "politically naive" votes count just the same.
It'll be interesting to see if he can keep these young folks interested.

gabosaurus
01-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Not only that, but the poor, blacks and Mexicans can vote as well. If Obama can appeal to all of them, he has a tremendous advantage.

Dilloduck
01-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Not only that, but the poor, blacks and Mexicans can vote as well. If Obama can appeal to all of them, he has a tremendous advantage.

Brilliant analysis--!!! :laugh2:

01-04-2008, 05:54 PM

yeah. but Hillary might be able to win the dead vote.

Mr. P
01-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Obamas momma rigged the election! It was stolen!

For weeks I have been thinking Obama would move ahead of da beast. I'll go as far now as to say he will be the nominee. He's articulate and charismatic....a black JFK is what he reminds me of.
I think he could be the next POTUS.

Huck is digging his own grave with all the evangelical stuff IMO. To bad cuz he's for the fair tax.

OCA
01-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Yep, those "politically naive" votes count just the same.
It'll be interesting to see if he can keep these young folks interested.

Sure they do, says alot about his message though.

I believe that given our young society's fascination with everything Black and gangsta that young people are voting only upon skin color because Osama don't have qualificatiuon 1 for the job.

OCA
01-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Obamas momma rigged the election! It was stolen!

For weeks I have been thinking Obama would move ahead of da beast. I'll go as far now as to say he will be the nominee. He's articulate and charismatic....a black JFK is what he reminds me of.
I think he could be the next POTUS.

Huck is digging his own grave with all the evangelical stuff IMO. To bad cuz he's for the fair tax.

The South P, remember the South has yet to come. I'll be surprised if he makes it a day or two after super tuesday.

Kathianne
01-04-2008, 06:07 PM
The South P, remember the South has yet to come. I'll be surprised if he makes it a day or two after super tuesday.

I think you underestimate the South as far as discrimination goes. Do they have bigots? Sure. Remember, WJ is in the NE I believe.

Mr. P
01-04-2008, 06:13 PM

The South is FULL of blacks that are in their own mind "oppressed" . I think most will vote skin color. Really I do.

OCA
01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I think you underestimate the South as far as discrimination goes. Do they have bigots? Sure. Remember, WJ is in the NE I believe.

As one who attended college in the south I can assure you they will not be electing a Black.

01-04-2008, 06:16 PM

Huckabee is also burning alot of bridges with the non-evangelical Republicans. Last night, he won a large percentage of the evangelical vote. Romney had alot of the non-evangelical christian vote including Catholics and Mormons (although they arent really a major factor in Iowa).

And while Mormons aren't a huge percentage of the population nationwide, they do have enough margins out in the western states to cause Huckabee problems if he wins the nomination. And while they don't all support Romney, every one I know has serious problems with the anti-mormon tactics Huckabee and alot of his supporters were using against Romney. There are significant mormon populations in Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, and Colorado. Fracturing the GOP vote at all there can potentially put all of those states in play.

OCA
01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
The South is FULL of blacks that are in their own mind "oppressed" . I think most will vote skin color. Really I do.

Oh sure the Blacks will vote for Obama but there aren't enough to swing the election in his favor, they are only 13% of the American population. Yes I am aware that they are a huge voting bloc but they are not big enough to swing an election on their own.

Dilloduck
01-04-2008, 06:17 PM

The south is no friend of Hillary either. I see a vote for Obama by democrats as a vote against Hillary. If Democrats REALLY think Obama can beat a GOP candidate, Hillary could be in trouble.

Trigg
01-04-2008, 06:18 PM

The blacks are a hard group to understand.

They can't stand Condoleeza, to white.

The black "leaders" haven't backed Obama so far because he's to white and to top it off has a white momma.

I don't know that they'll flock to him in great numbers.

Yurt
01-04-2008, 06:32 PM

are you racist? what differences does the pigment of his skin have to do with his electability? i am so sick of people highlighting white v. black stuff. i have no doubt there are differences between whites and blacks, however, the world is made up of more than just whites and blacks.

i am willing to bet you NEVER defended Condi when folk called her racist names..........

Dilloduck
01-04-2008, 06:49 PM
are you racist? what differences does the pigment of his skin have to do with his electability? i am so sick of people highlighting white v. black stuff. i have no doubt there are differences between whites and blacks, however, the world is made up of more than just whites and blacks.

i am willing to bet you NEVER defended Condi when folk called her racist names..........

You need to ask blacks what the difference is because they vote LARGELY as a bloc. It makes sense for any candidate to get the nod from the black community.

Yurt
01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
You need to ask blacks what the difference is because they vote LARGELY as a bloc. It makes sense for any candidate to get the nod from the black community.

True. I think that it is racist and have always said so. My point is that the supposed modern, clear, intelligent, enlightened, gabs made the difference.

Dilloduck
01-04-2008, 07:00 PM
True. I think that it is racist and have always said so. My point is that the supposed modern, clear, intelligent, enlightened, gabs made the difference.

Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then. :laugh2:

Yurt
01-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then. :laugh2:

um, and who is the blind hog?

gabosaurus
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM
So you think the Des Moines Register is a racist publication? Very intriguing...

Blacks rarely vote as a block. In fact, they rarely vote, compared to other demographic sectors. Same with young people.

The reason Obama is popular is that his appeal spreads across numerous demographic. He represents those who are tired of politics as usual.

red states rule
01-05-2008, 08:50 PM

or Michael Steele, Gen Powell, Justice Thomas, or any other black conservative

Yurt
01-05-2008, 09:26 PM
or Michael Steele, Gen Powell, Justice Thomas, or any other black conservative

"they" exist?

red states rule
01-05-2008, 09:29 PM
"they" exist?

It is a shock to the left that ANY black person can be a conservative. But then they dismiss them as traitors to their race or uncle Toms

Psychoblues
01-05-2008, 09:47 PM
I am a Southern White, Oca. I've already stated my pride in this circumstance.

Oh sure the Blacks will vote for Obama but there aren't enough to swing the election in his favor, they are only 13% of the American population. Yes I am aware that they are a huge voting bloc but they are not big enough to swing an election on their own.

If Obama wins the nomination I will vote for him. Until then, however, I support John Edwards. Explain that?

red states rule
01-05-2008, 09:53 PM

If Obama wins the nomination I will vote for him. Until then, however, I support John Edwards. Explain that?

Wow, a tax and spend liberal supporting other tax and spend liberals

What a shocker

Psychoblues
01-05-2008, 10:02 PM
On what do you base that assertion, rsr?

Wow, a tax and spend liberal supporting other tax and spend liberals

What a shocker

I am no tax and spend liberal. How do you explain the tax and spend on your grandchildrens budget of the Republicans? Seriously, I have always been and remain so a fiscal conservative. Your president removed all thoughts I ever had about the fiscal restraints of the Reich Wingers. Serioulsly, your bookeeping makes me sick at my stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
01-05-2008, 10:05 PM
On what do you base that assertion, rsr?

I am no tax and spend liberal. How do you explain the tax and spend on your grandchildrens budget of the Republicans? Seriously, I have always been and remain so a fiscal conservative. Your president removed all thoughts I ever had about the fiscal restraints of the Reich Wingers. Serioulsly, your bookeeping makes me sick at my stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama and Edwards both have made "promisies" that will increase government spending. They both have come out and said they would repeal the Bush tax cuts, which would increase taxes on ALL wage earners

Dems promised they would cut spending and pork - they have not

They ignore the fact, the Bush tax cuts have increased tax revenues, and the annual budget defict has been cut by over 50%

Any more questions?

Psychoblues
01-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I knew that "white and female" remark would get your attention. Please link your assertions. I don't think you have any back up for your claims.

red states rule
01-06-2008, 07:16 AM
I knew that "white and female" remark would get your attention. Please link your assertions. I don't think you have any back up for your claims.

Oh I do PB, Here are the facts -and you will not like them at all

The Shrinking Deficit

We hate to be the bearers of good news, but someone's got to do it: The Congressional Budget Office has released its preliminary estimates for Fiscal Year 2007 that ended September 30, and the federal budget deficit fell again, this time by 35% to $161 billion.

There's more to applaud, if you can stand it: Since 2004, deficit spending has tumbled by $251 billion, which is one of the most rapid three-year declines in U.S. history. The deficit as a share of the economy is down to 1.2%, or about half the average of the last 50 years. This improvement is especially remarkable given the $150 to $200 billion a year of post-9/11 expenses for homeland security and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Americans coughed up a record $2.568 trillion in taxes to the IRS in 2007, or 6.7% more than in 2006. This means federal receipts have climbed by $785 billion since the 2003 investment tax cuts, the largest four-year revenue increase in U.S. history. Income, dividend and capital gains tax rates were all cut in 2003, but individual income tax receipts have soared by 46.3% in four years, with payments by the wealthy accounting for most of the windfall. Last year's increase in individual income payments was 11.3%, or more than double the rate of growth in nominal GDP. Don't worry, class warriors: Hannah Montana and others among the "new rich" are paying their taxes.

Overall federal revenue is now 18.8% of GDP, compared with the 18.2% average of the past 40 years. The nearby table shows how far off CBO was, as usual, in its static-revenue estimates that failed to anticipate the impact of taxes on incentives and growth.

The biggest surprise in fiscal 2007 was the slower growth in federal spending. CBO reports that federal outlays crept up just 2.8% last year (2.5% after adjusting for timing in payments), which was "well below the 7.3 percent average over the previous five years." The decline was largely due to lower disaster-related payments compared with Hurricane Katrina's aftermath the year before, plus the budget deal last winter that kept domestic spending stable as Congress changed hands.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1191...googlenews_wsj

Yes, it is very distressing to libs to see tax cuts INCREASE revenue and GROW the economy. All income levels go up,and folks make more money - proving the liberal BS about how the rich get rivcher and the poor get poorer is wrong

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 07:18 AM
excellent point again, bush never gets any credit, but when something goes wrong the dems wanna lynch him

the dems are not fair in their analysis

Oh I do PB, Here are the facts -and you will not like them at all

The Shrinking Deficit

We hate to be the bearers of good news, but someone's got to do it: The Congressional Budget Office has released its preliminary estimates for Fiscal Year 2007 that ended September 30, and the federal budget deficit fell again, this time by 35% to $161 billion.

There's more to applaud, if you can stand it: Since 2004, deficit spending has tumbled by $251 billion, which is one of the most rapid three-year declines in U.S. history. The deficit as a share of the economy is down to 1.2%, or about half the average of the last 50 years. This improvement is especially remarkable given the $150 to $200 billion a year of post-9/11 expenses for homeland security and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Americans coughed up a record $2.568 trillion in taxes to the IRS in 2007, or 6.7% more than in 2006. This means federal receipts have climbed by $785 billion since the 2003 investment tax cuts, the largest four-year revenue increase in U.S. history. Income, dividend and capital gains tax rates were all cut in 2003, but individual income tax receipts have soared by 46.3% in four years, with payments by the wealthy accounting for most of the windfall. Last year's increase in individual income payments was 11.3%, or more than double the rate of growth in nominal GDP. Don't worry, class warriors: Hannah Montana and others among the "new rich" are paying their taxes.

Overall federal revenue is now 18.8% of GDP, compared with the 18.2% average of the past 40 years. The nearby table shows how far off CBO was, as usual, in its static-revenue estimates that failed to anticipate the impact of taxes on incentives and growth.

The biggest surprise in fiscal 2007 was the slower growth in federal spending. CBO reports that federal outlays crept up just 2.8% last year (2.5% after adjusting for timing in payments), which was "well below the 7.3 percent average over the previous five years." The decline was largely due to lower disaster-related payments compared with Hurricane Katrina's aftermath the year before, plus the budget deal last winter that kept domestic spending stable as Congress changed hands.

Yes, it is very distressing to libs to see tax cuts INCREASE revenue and GROW the economy. All income levels go up,and folks make more money - proving the liberal BS about how the rich get rivcher and the poor get poorer is wrong

red states rule
01-06-2008, 07:31 AM
excellent point again, bush never gets any credit, but when something goes wrong the dems wanna lynch him

PB will dismiss the facts, even though they are from the IRS - they should know how much money people make

Libs can't stand the fact the Bush tax cuts have more then paid for themselves and proven AGAIN, tax cuts are good for the economy and EVERYONE benefits from them

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Pb is a stand up guy.

I would like to see his reaction to the numbers.

PB will dismiss the facts, even though they are from the IRS - they should know how much money people make

Libs can't stand the fact the Bush tax cuts have more then paid for themselves and proven AGAIN, tax cuts are good for the economy and EVERYONE benefits from them

red states rule
01-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Pb is a stand up guy.

I would like to see his reaction to the numbers.

I will tell you what he will say. He will dismiss them as more right wing propaganda, and rant on how the mational debt has gone up

While ignoring the falling annual deficit, and the economic growth.

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 07:40 AM
I dont wanna speak for him, but i can say.. i hope he does not do that, and will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I will tell you what he will say. He will dismiss them as more right wing propaganda, and rant on how the mational debt has gone up

While ignoring the falling annual deficit, and the economic growth.

red states rule
01-06-2008, 07:43 AM
I dont wanna speak for him, but i can say.. i hope he does not do that, and will give him the benefit of the doubt.

You are expecting way to much from him

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 08:07 AM
he is still my friend, like you are rsr.

And i wont bad mouth him or you.

Occasionally, ill say something to board members on their behavior, but i dont like to bad mouth people.

Thats just how i roll :coffee:

You are expecting way to much from him

red states rule
01-06-2008, 08:23 AM
he is still my friend, like you are rsr.

And i wont bad mouth him or you.

Occasionally, ill say something to board members on their behavior, but i dont like to bad mouth people.

Thats just how i roll :coffee:

We will see. 5 will get you 10 however

OCA
01-06-2008, 08:28 AM

You support Edwards because he is White. You won't vote for Obama, you'll lose your lifetime membership with the boys.

DrJohn
01-06-2008, 01:42 PM

Question:

What was the deficit when Bush went into office?

manu1959
01-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Question:

stipulated.....

question:

how was that surplus achieved.....

red states rule
01-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Question:

With it dropping for the last 4 years, and down by more then 50% - why would Dems be so obsessed with jacking up taxes?

Mr. P
01-06-2008, 02:09 PM
stipulated.....

question:

how was that surplus achieved.....

Bill was forced by congress to balance...1994 as I recall..could be wrong.

OH... and then he raised taxes.

red states rule
01-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Bill was forced by congress to balance...1994 as I recall..could be wrong.

OH... and then he raised taxes.

Correct on the first point, and yes, Bill lied about cutting taxes. At the time the largest tax increase in history

and his party lost huge 2 years later

OCA
01-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Correct on the first point, and yes, Bill lied about cutting taxes. At the time the largest tax increase in history

and his party lost huge 2 years later

And yet he returned for a 2nd term...........they don't lose.

red states rule
01-06-2008, 02:35 PM
And yet he returned for a 2nd term...........they don't lose.

They lost in Iowa - and it looks like they night lose in NH

Bill can thank Ross for his 2 wins. If not for him, he would not have won either election

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Hillary is as phony as a boob job.

They lost in Iowa - and it looks like they night lose in NH

Bill can thank Ross for his 2 wins. If not for him, he would not have won either election

red states rule
01-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Hillary is as phony as a boob job.

With Bill by her side, you have 3 boobs running for President

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 02:41 PM
and 2 nuts.

hillobob and bobotern

With Bill by her side, you have 3 boobs running for President

OCA
01-06-2008, 02:42 PM
They lost in Iowa

Do you even understand what an election is vs a primary or caucus? If not, and I don't believe you do, why are you discussing presidential politics?

OCA
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Not even sure why RSR is payed much attention, I caught him lying....baldfaced......on the Gore and Willie Horton thing.

red states rule
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Do you even understand what an election is vs a primary or caucus? If not, and I don't believe you do, why are you discussing presidential politics?

You said they do not lose - they did

and she might lose by a double digit margin in NH

Seems you are having to eat your words OCA

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Doesnt hillary have to win the primary first, before we talk about her inevitable :laugh2: run to the white house?

Just a thought

OCA
01-06-2008, 02:56 PM
You said they do not lose - they did

and she might lose by a double digit margin in NH

Seems you are having to eat your words OCA

I said they don't lose elections, the ELECTION has just begun. All she needs to do is get to the finasl two then fire up the war room..........and ITS OVER!:clap:

You don't even have the basic knowledge needed to decipher between an election and a primary/caucus......sad.

red states rule
01-07-2008, 05:41 AM
I said they don't lose elections, the ELECTION has just begun. All she needs to do is get to the finasl two then fire up the war room..........and ITS OVER!:clap:

You don't even have the basic knowledge needed to decipher between an election and a primary/caucus......sad.

So if she loses by a wide margin in NH - it will not count?

DrJohn
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
With it dropping for the last 4 years, and down by more then 50% - why would Dems be so obsessed with jacking up taxes?

It seems to me that you and the repubs are the ones obsessed with raising taxes.
I guess we have to use those repub sites and that new math to see that the deficit is indeed being cut in half.
I call bull on that "fact". A million dollars a minute adds up.

Myabe the dems are taking their cue from PapaBush....

"Read my lips" he said.

:laugh2:

red states rule
01-08-2008, 04:19 AM
It seems to me that you and the repubs are the ones obsessed with raising taxes.
I guess we have to use those repub sites and that new math to see that the deficit is indeed being cut in half.
I call bull on that "fact". A million dollars a minute adds up.

Myabe the dems are taking their cue from PapaBush....

"Read my lips" he said.

:laugh2:

Sorry to bust your bubble, but the Bush tax cuts have increased revenue and cut the annual budget deficit - much to the dismay of the Dems

The Shrinking Deficit

How about that? The "rich" are paying MORE in taxes AFTER the tax cut!!!!

01-08-2008, 04:29 AM

I am looking alot more optimisticly about the fact that Clinton might not be President.

There are going to be alot of Democrats pissed if Hillary wins the nomination. 2/3s are voting against her. They want something different. Much different than Hillary. If she wins, she is going to have to do it by controling the super delegates. and winning a few key races. I think Obama is going to kick her ass in alot of these races. The more he does the more she will have to rely on superdelegates to win.

If Obama manages to win a majority of states, but not enough to win the nomination, and if Hillary has to win using backroom deals with the super delegates. The Democrat base is going to be even more pissed because they are going to feel like she stole the nomination from Obama. Simply because they have control of the party machinery.

This could be a huge weakness for Republicans to exploit. They could easily point out that she couldnt even win a majority of Democrats and had to steal the nomination with backroom deals. They could easily paint her as an establishment candidate.

Let's face it, the more Obama wins, the more Hillary's only chance at winning the nomination is by ripping the Democrat party apart. And we all know there isn't a Clinton alive who wouldnt rip the party apart to remain in power.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 04:33 AM
Obama has opened up a good lead going into the primary. The Clinton machine may have a very long night tonight

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/new_hampshire-primary.html

01-08-2008, 04:51 AM
Obama has opened up a good lead going into the primary. The Clinton machine may have a very long night tonight

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/new_hampshire-primary.html

Dang there are polls showing Obama up by 13. Think Clinton will cry again?

red states rule
01-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Dang there are polls showing Obama up by 13. Think Clinton will cry again?

If she lose tonight you can scratch off a couple of lamps that will crash into the wall (and maybe thrown at Bill as well) :laugh2:

I would love to be a fly on the wall as Hillary blames the stupid masses for voting against her, being afraid of a strong willed women, and turing their back on the Clintons after all she and Bill has done for them

Oh,sorry, that will be the front page stories the liberal media will run on Thursday morning

stephanie
01-08-2008, 05:10 AM
You ever notice...it's the media who constantly form their articles with....

the first AFRICAN AMERICAN...or

the first women........

who is the actual sexist or racist in this election...like it is suppose to MEAN that if we Americans reject these two..........this is what we are...

red states rule
01-08-2008, 05:15 AM
You ever notice...it's the media who constantly form their articles with....

the first AFRICAN AMERICAN...or

the first women........

who is the actual sexist or racist in this election...like it is suppose to MEAN that if we Americans reject these two..........this is what we are...

And if us conservatives ever talk about a persons sex of color....we are the bigots and racists...

You have to look deep to see the propaganda...but it is there and the Liberals know how to play it the best....and they don't care...that's the scary part...these people mean nothing to them...they are just a tool to be used to gain their power...man that would make me feel like shit...But..:cheers2:

As usual stephanie, you are dead on

It is the left that has to point out the race and sex of people. They are the party of quotas, and see people not who for they are - but what color, and race they are

Here is an article from Europe - it could have been in the NY Times. Thnaks to Fox News, we know about it

Brit Hume Highlights 'Obamamania' in Germany
By Brent Baker | January 8, 2008 - 02:16 ET
“Obamamania” goes beyond the U.S. news media. Picking up on a story in Sunday's International Herald Tribune, “Barack Obama's popularity soars -- in Germany,” FNC's Brit Hume on Monday night noted how “the Illinois Senator has become huge in Germany, where he is being compared to the much-loved John F. Kennedy.” Hume showed headlines from German newspapers, including one which called Obama “The New Kennedy,” another which declared “The Black American Has Become the New Kennedy” and how “an editorial in the Frankfurter Rundschau had a headline, 'Lincoln, Kennedy, Obama,' and said that quote, 'hope and optimism are the source of the nation's strength.'”

The New York Times, which owns the International Herald Tribune, posted the story, by Nicholas Kulish, on its “The Caucus” blog.

Hume's item in the “Grapevine” segment on the January 7 Special Report with Brit Hume on FNC:

"Obamamania" is spreading from Iowa to New Hampshire all the way to central Europe. The International Herald Tribune reports the Illinois senator has become huge in Germany, where he is being compared to the much-loved John F. Kennedy. The Berliner Morgenpost ran a headline this morning calling Obama, "The New Kennedy." The tabloid Bild said, "The Black American Has Become the New Kennedy." And an editorial in the Frankfurter Rundschau had a headline, "Lincoln, Kennedy, Obama," and said that quote, "hope and optimism are the source of the nation's strength."
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/01/08/brit-hume-highlights-obamamania-germany