PDA

View Full Version : Allah perfected for you this day, your religion

Yurt
01-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Quran:

The Table, the table spread

5:3
This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.

The text actually is a rambling about other issues, yet, the text has this extremely important fundamental cornerstone of Islam in it. If one reads the Quran, especially the end books, one easily comes to the conclusion that a verse, or ayat, can easily be singled out. One would think that "allah" the all supposed knowing, would single this critical point of the Islamic faith, but no, this false diety puts in some rambling ayat.

5:3 http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/QURAN/5.htm
. Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah. that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

This was in book five of the Quran. Not the beginning of mummu's "revelations" nor the end of mummu's revelations. Muslims are at strong odds over what this one sentence means. For some, it means that the Quran is all that is necessary, for the religion was/is perfected with the Quran --> this day. Others, the majority of muslims, say that you actually need the Sunnah, or the words/deeds/actions/life of the profit mummu. Many muslims are confused because the Quran is supposed to exist under the throne of allah. Why then the Sunnah? I have seen this as the number one "explanation":

the quran cannot detail every single action that a man must or must not do otherwise it would have been absolutely huge... however it is complete in that if you follow its rules then a sharia will be derived which CAN guide you in all actions.... part of this is obedience to the messenger *SaW* via his sunnah through the ahadith.....

My response:

This makes no sense. If they are both "equal" why the need to seperate? You post readily admits the Quran has LIMITS, thus imperfect. Or maybe I have it wrong and the quran and sunnah are not equal. If you need the sunnah, then why have a short quran?

Islam is wrong, and is the farthest thing from perfect.

typomaniac
01-04-2008, 06:02 PM
NO religion makes sense, Yurtie. They're all easily proved wrong and imperfect.

Humanity's only hope of establishing the existence and the nature of god(s) is through logic and methodical testing of our hypotheses about the universe.

Yurt
01-04-2008, 06:08 PM
NO religion makes sense, Yurtie. They're all easily proved wrong and imperfect.

Humanity's only hope of establishing the existence and the nature of god(s) is through logic and methodical testing of our hypotheses about the universe.

uuuh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, and logic and testing is 'perfect'

why don't you tell us your thoughts of Islam, given that is what this thread is about. what does you impervious logic tell you islam is?

typomaniac
01-04-2008, 07:56 PM
uuuh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, and logic and testing is 'perfect'

why don't you tell us your thoughts of Islam, given that is what this thread is about. what does you impervious logic tell you islam is?

Islam is an Arabic word for "peace."

Well, you asked. :D

Yurt
01-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Islam is an Arabic word for "peace."

Well, you asked. :D

are you stupid or joking? islam does not mean peace, it means submission. something that my dear fellow member Gabs cannot grasp. islam is about complete and utter submission.

a word of advice, joke with me on most other threads, don't joke here. it may cost you your head.....

typomaniac
01-04-2008, 11:46 PM
are you stupid or joking? islam does not mean peace, it means submission. something that my dear fellow member Gabs cannot grasp. islam is about complete and utter submission.Submission to God, you forgot. The same God of the Jews and Christians.
a word of advice, joke with me on most other threads, don't joke here. it may cost you your head.....Any religious fanatic who wants my head is going to have to stand in a very long line.

gabosaurus
01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Any religious fanatic who wants my head is going to have to stand in a very long line.

Why would they want defective product? :)

Yurt
01-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Submission to God, you forgot. The same God of the Jews and Christians.Any religious fanatic who wants my head is going to have to stand in a very long line.

allah is definitely not the same god of the jews and christians. allah claims that he cannot, nor ever has had a Son. further allah claims that jesus is only a human. allah says that judiasm and christianity are wrong and that islam is the only way.

don't be fooled by mummu's attempt to make you believe that allah is really just a continuation, islam stole their religion from the ideas of the jews and christianity, mostly christianity that mummu learned from his christian uncle.

so, anyone have any idea why the sunnah is necessary?

Said1
01-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I thought the Sunnah was something like a 'what would Mohammad do?" for the religiously conflicted?

Yurt
01-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I thought the Sunnah was something like a 'what would Mohammad do?" for the religiously conflicted?

it is sort of like that, but the sunnah is absolutely required just like the quran for 90% of muslims, the sunnis, those who follow the sunnah. shias on the other hand don't necessarily follow the sunnah and believe that one only needs the quran.

Said1
01-05-2008, 12:55 PM
it is sort of like that, but the sunnah is absolutely required just like the quran for 90% of muslims, the sunnis, those who follow the sunnah. shias on the other hand don't necessarily follow the sunnah and believe that one only needs the quran.

I think it's merely another result of their donominational differences. To the Sunni, the Sunnah is more than likely equal to the Quran because it reflects religious actions of their 'leader' based on religious teachings found within the Quran (what would Mohammad do. LOL. I think that's freakin funny!). I suppose other, more orthodox denominations don't do this, for the reasons you outlined above.

No religion is perfect, some Christian denominations take the bible as literal, some don't. I think the same can be applied to the Sunnah.

Yurt
01-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I think it's merely another result of their donominational differences. To the Sunni, the Sunnah is more than likely equal to the Quran because it reflects religious actions of their 'leader' based on religious teachings found within the Quran (what would Mohammad do. LOL. I think that's freakin funny!). I suppose other, more orthodox denominations don't do this, for the reasons you outlined above.

No religion is perfect, some Christian denominations take the bible as literal, some don't. I think the same can be applied to the Sunnah.

I understand how you can come to this conclusion given that we look at the islamic faith with the eyes of christians. There is no such thing as denominations in the islamic faith; the islamic faith recognizes only one Islam. This is why the islamic faith is so volatile; there simply is no room for another interpretation. The bedrock of Islam is that there is "only one." This is also their rallying point against christianity -- see how many different "interpretations" and churches they have. While christianity somewhat accepts other denominations/interpretations, we as a core believe in the Bible and that Jesus is God's son.

The difference between the muslims that believe in the sunnah and those that believe only the Quran matters is extremely vast. The Quran is very short compared to the voluminous sunnah. It would be like a church believing in only 25% of the bible and disregarding the rest.

then again, this allah "perfected" their religion. this must be understood, even talking to you it is clear that the west looks at Islam with western eyes, or that christians look at muslims with christian eyes. We cannot do this, they are nothing like us. We must understand this ancient enemy.