PDA

View Full Version : Beck from the Dead

01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
If you haven't heard Glenn Beck has been in the hospital and apparently had some major issues with the Hospital. Im in the middle of the video. But I thought people would like to know.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yurt
01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
If you haven't heard Glenn Beck has been in the hospital and apparently had some major issues with the Hospital. Im in the middle of the video. But I thought people would like to know.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Where is the middle? Long video.

Joe Steel
01-05-2008, 11:07 AM
So hate-radio talker Glenn Beck had a run-in with the American health care system.

Welcome to the real world, Glenn.

Nukeman
01-05-2008, 11:34 AM
So hate-radio talker Glenn Beck had a run-in with the American health care system.

Welcome to the real world, Glenn.I am in total agreement with you here.

I personaly love the part where he says "even the president of GE goes here and if they don't care about him what do they care about you poor shlubs"

If this isn't one of the most elitest lines of crap I dont know what is. People get bad service all the time, Hospitals are filled with....quess what..... People.... Poeple make mistakes and shit happens you just hope and prey that it never happens to you. Now that being said why should WE give more credence to HIS bad experience than anyone else. Why should the "President of GE" get better treatment that the average "shlub" as he puts it. EVERYONE should be treated exactly the same.

I am so sick of this "take better care of me I'm important" What a crock of BS. My response to all the people I work with when they say "do you know who that is" is I don't really give a flying fuck they aren't any more important than my mother!!!!!!!

Hey Glenn :fu: and your elitest attitude on this little tape of yours......

01-05-2008, 12:02 PM
I am in total agreement with you here.

I personaly love the part where he says "even the president of GE goes here and if they don't care about him what do they care about you poor shlubs"

If this isn't one of the most elitest lines of crap I dont know what is. People get bad service all the time, Hospitals are filled with....quess what..... People.... Poeple make mistakes and shit happens you just hope and prey that it never happens to you. Now that being said why should WE give more credence to HIS bad experience than anyone else. Why should the "President of GE" get better treatment that the average "shlub" as he puts it. EVERYONE should be treated exactly the same.

I am so sick of this "take better care of me I'm important" What a crock of BS. My response to all the people I work with when they say "do you know who that is" is I don't really give a flying fuck they aren't any more important than my mother!!!!!!!

Hey Glenn :fu: and your elitest attitude on this little tape of yours......

There isn't anything elitist about it. The fact of life is that if you have more money you have better chances to get better service. How is acknowledging reality elitist?

Here we have a very influencial man who can do something to fix the system by letting people know how bad it is, and you all want to degrade him for simply pointing out that in this life people money get treated better. Note that no where in his speech did he say that people with money should be treated better or differently.

Seriously, I am starting to think people want to pick a fight with everyone who doesn't pretend to be PC. Am I the only person tired of this PC bullcrap?

Nukeman
01-05-2008, 12:26 PM
There isn't anything elitist about it. The fact of life is that if you have more money you have better chances to get better service. How is acknowledging reality elitist?

Here we have a very influencial man who can do something to fix the system by letting people know how bad it is, and you all want to degrade him for simply pointing out that in this life people money get treated better. Note that no where in his speech did he say that people with money should be treated better or differently.

Seriously, I am starting to think people want to pick a fight with everyone who doesn't pretend to be PC. Am I the only person tired of this PC bullcrap?
Quite the oppisite. I can not abide PC nonsense.. Now back to Glenn Beck, he is to an elitist, by the very fact that He EXPECTS better care for who he is and for who others are. That is what is elitest about his comments. He doesn't have to come out and say "I DESREVE THIS BETTER TREATMENT BECAUSE...." It is put forth in his mannerisms and tone of speach. I have dealt with people in the healthcare industry for 20 years and I can spot the "I'm important dont fuck with me" guy in a split second. They ooze elitism.. Every patient I treat is done with dignity and care (I treat all as if they were my mother/father) I have never in my 20 years had a compaint from a patient, other staff yes but NEVER my patients......

This is not about picking a fight but it is about why didn't he take up the call and challenge of the average "joe shlub" as he put before it happened to him. If he is in a postion to speak out about these types of problems WHY NOT DO IT BEFORE IT HAPPENED TO HIM. I will tell you why HE THINKS HE IS MORE IMPORTANT AND SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TREATED THAT WAY... Case closed.

manu1959
01-05-2008, 01:42 PM
couldn't be bothered to watch the video......rumour has it he had elective cosmetic surgery.....what was the complication....

Lazarus
01-05-2008, 08:36 PM
May he not make a speedy recovery.

....rumour has it he had elective cosmetic surgery.....what was the complication....

knowing him it was a penile implant......his immune system rejected it ??

Chessplayer
01-05-2008, 08:42 PM

So fitting that Lazarus makes a comment here.

01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Hospital from Hell (http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/3502/)

01-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Quite the oppisite. I can not abide PC nonsense.. Now back to Glenn Beck, he is to an elitist, by the very fact that He EXPECTS better care for who he is and for who others are. That is what is elitest about his comments. He doesn't have to come out and say "I DESREVE THIS BETTER TREATMENT BECAUSE...." It is put forth in his mannerisms and tone of speach. I have dealt with people in the healthcare industry for 20 years and I can spot the "I'm important dont fuck with me" guy in a split second. They ooze elitism.. Every patient I treat is done with dignity and care (I treat all as if they were my mother/father) I have never in my 20 years had a compaint from a patient, other staff yes but NEVER my patients......

This is not about picking a fight but it is about why didn't he take up the call and challenge of the average "joe shlub" as he put before it happened to him. If he is in a postion to speak out about these types of problems WHY NOT DO IT BEFORE IT HAPPENED TO HIM. I will tell you why HE THINKS HE IS MORE IMPORTANT AND SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TREATED THAT WAY... Case closed.

I think you completely misunderstand Glenn here. He doesn't expect better treatment for the rich because he is elitist. He simply acknowledges the fact that rich people do get better service because they have money. He never said it was right. It's totally unfair, but we don't live in a world that is fair. We live in a world where people who have money get better treatment despite the fact that they don't deserve it.

And that is exactly Glenn's point. Here we have an affluent hospital, which isnt suffering from any money issues, that is severely broken. And if the hospitals with the money are having problems. How bad are the ones that aren't affluent?

He doesn't think anyone should be treated this way. He just didn't realize how bad it really was. And the problem isnt money. Its not government interference. It's a lack of compassion that is the problem.

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Young, good looking slender people get better treatment, too. :dunno:

manu1959
01-07-2008, 10:38 PM

may your death be slow and painfull.....:fu:

Gaffer
01-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Haven't watched the video yet. It's late and I'm tired and when I logged on here I had 3441 new posts to look through.

Anyone that listens to Beck knows how he operates. He if came off as an elitist I advise watching for a part two of the video. He's a satirist and very good at making people believe he's doing something terrible while making them look foolish.

Lazarus
01-08-2008, 01:49 AM
So fitting that Lazarus makes a comment here.

may your death be slow and painfull.....:fu:

My humor takes some getting used to.

glockmail
01-08-2008, 06:59 AM

Looks like we have a human hating liberal here.

AFbombloader
01-08-2008, 07:33 AM
I find it very depressing that anyone would wish ill to someone going through a trying time. If you like Glenn, fine. If you don't, fine. But have compassion enough in your soul to wish him health and recovery. What a sad state we are in!

AF:salute:

AFbombloader
01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
This story explains the situation very well. And it is not slanted one way or another.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/PainManagement/story?id=4101741&page=1

AF:salute:

Abbey Marie
01-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm just surprised that at his age, this is his worst and first bad hospital experience.

Lazarus
01-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Hemorrhoid surgery ?

Don't need me : these jokes will write themselves.

There is a method to my madness, however.
If Glenn had experienced only minor complications from his system being immune to the effects of the anesthesia, this would not be an story.

This affects a great number of people.

The longer Glenn experiences pain, the longer he will talk about this problem.
Most others are not so fortunate to be provided with a medium to raise awareness of the problem.