PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to have an honest and civil discussion about disrespect in general.

actsnoblemartin
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Question: Why are men disrespected by other men? Answer: Because men are very territorial and competitive, women are too, but i believe men are more. Just an observation.

Question: why are men disrespected by women? Answer: Because women are taught by our culture and media, that they dont need men, and that all men are bad, so many of them are disrectful to men

Question: why are women disrespected by women? Answer: Because women are very competitive with each other, and are taught if they are nice they wont get ahead.

Question: why are women disrespected by men? Answer: Because they allow themselves to be abused and munipuled by bad men. Which does not mean to say they deserve what they get, it just means. You have to be responsible for the partner you choose, and get out a bad relationship, if youre in one

Question: why is there less common courtesy for people in general? Answer: People are selfish, & only out for themselves, theirfore they dont think of others.

shattered
01-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Or, one can throw the blame back where it lays; at the feet of the parents.

trobinett
01-04-2008, 08:33 PM
#1 Why are men disrespected by other men?

#2 why are men disrespected by women

#3 why are women disrespected by women

#4 why are women disrespected by men

#5 why is there less common courtesy for people in general

My analysis

#1 Because men are very territorial

#2 Because women are taught by our society to disrespect men

#3 Because women are taught they have to be mean to get ahead

#4 Because they allow themselves to be abused and munipuled by bad men

#5 People are selfish, & only out for themselves, theirfore they dont think of others.

So, what's your next topic?

actsnoblemartin
01-04-2008, 08:38 PM
please dont derail my thread

thank you

oh and now back on topic

http://www.csudh.edu/dearhabermas/respect.htm

So, what's your next topic?

Dilloduck
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
I think "mean" people are just ignorant when it comes to the consequences of their behavior. If they really knew how accurately it boomerangs they wouldn't do it.

Yurt
01-04-2008, 08:54 PM
#1 Why are men disrespected by other men?

#2 why are men disrespected by women

#3 why are women disrespected by women

#4 why are women disrespected by men

#5 why is there less common courtesy for people in general

My analysis

#1 Because men are very territorial

#2 Because women are taught by our society to disrespect men

#3 Because women are taught they have to be mean to get ahead

#4 Because they allow themselves to be abused and munipuled by bad men

#5 People are selfish, & only out for themselves, theirfore they dont think of others.

For ease of reading and replying, you might consider aligning your questions and answers so that we can reply in a more convenient manner.

I cannot answer your questions outright, because I believe the questions miss a huge point:

Is it not so that women are territorial? Men may guard the cave, but who do you think guards the hearth?

Have you never seen a territorial woman? Trust me, bros will be bros, women, oooooooooooooooh, watch out when you cross their territory.

I do not believe society teaches us anything. We teach ourselves. Those that foolishly follow the herd, then maybe, but for the most part, us humans follow that which is good. Take Gabs for instance, you may not like her, but she is not a sheeple and I guarantee you she has staked out her "territory".

April15
01-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I could be wrong but I think that a general feeling of fear has permeated America that wasn't here years ago. Not a fear of failure or crime but one of a future that is in jepordy. People may dismiss the mortgage problem and fuel costs but in the back of the mind it has to work on a persons conscience. One that begs the question of have I done enough to secure a sound future.

actsnoblemartin
01-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I will make that adjustment now.

and yes, women are territorial too. But do you think they are equally territorial or one is more then the other, just a question.

by the way you think the media and our culture teach us nothing?

check out this website and let me know what you think about it

I heard her on the radio, smart lass she is

http://www.understandmen.com/

For ease of reading and replying, you might consider aligning your questions and answers so that we can reply in a more convenient manner.

I cannot answer your questions outright, because I believe the questions miss a huge point:

Is it not so that women are territorial? Men may guard the cave, but who do you think guards the hearth?

Have you never seen a territorial woman? Trust me, bros will be bros, women, oooooooooooooooh, watch out when you cross their territory.

I do not believe society teaches us anything. We teach ourselves. Those that foolishly follow the herd, then maybe, but for the most part, us humans follow that which is good. Take Gabs for instance, you may not like her, but she is not a sheeple and I guarantee you she has staked out her "territory".

manu1959
01-04-2008, 09:43 PM
it is easy to be rude ...... it takes effort to be polite

gabosaurus
01-05-2008, 12:06 AM
I disrespect Acts because of his large volume of stupid threads. Such as this one.

manu1959
01-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I disrespect Acts because of his large volume of stupid threads. Such as this one.

...... it takes effort to be polite

actsnoblemartin
01-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Very poetic words. I made a huge effort to make a polite, intelligent, sincere thread, and apparently some just wanna derail it because they dont like me or my thread.

sometimes i wonder why people dont ignore threads they dont like rather then be so vindictive.

it is easy to be rude ...... it takes effort to be polite

Sir Evil
01-05-2008, 11:13 AM
So Martin, has the conversation been civil? You seem to be answering your own questions so wondering if one half of you has been disrespectful to the other? :laugh2:

Sir Evil
01-05-2008, 11:14 AM

And at what point will you add anything remotely interesting to the forum? :rolleyes:

Said1
01-05-2008, 11:30 AM
In the end, we are still animals. You might notice that other animals don't appreciate other animals coming into their dens. :laugh2:

People are also generally taught that certain behaviors are acceptable. This more than likely starts at birth. Wheather they are emulating someone else ie parent or following society, it still boils down to the same thing.......acting in a certain manner towards others is acceptable because they more than likely surround themselves with people who either act the same way or accept that treatment.