PDA

View Full Version : From the "All about me" Files...

82Marine89
01-05-2008, 12:57 PM
SAG: Actors won't cross lines at Globes

LOS ANGELES - Golden Globe-nominated actors are expected to snub the awards in support of striking Hollywood writers, the actors union said Friday.

After canvassing nominees over the past several weeks, Screen Actors Guild President Alan Rosenberg said in a statement, "there appears to be unanimous agreement that these actors will not cross" the picket lines to present or accept an award.

It was unclear how the move might affect the awards set for broadcast on NBC on Jan. 13.

Michael Russell, a spokesman for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which stages the Golden Globes, did not immediately return telephone or e-mail requests for comment about the move by actors.

The Writers Guild of America had refused to grant a waiver to allow its members to work on the Globes, the People's Choice Awards and the prestigious Academy Awards.

A total of 72 actors are among this year's Golden Globe nominees. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has repeatedly tried to seek the blessing of the writers guild.

The actors' union said previously that the choice to attend or not was a personal one that its members would make for themselves.

In his statement Friday, Rosenberg referred to "considerable outreach" by the actors guild to nominees and their representatives in recent weeks.

Reach for barf bag, then click for conclusion... (http://omg.yahoo.com/sag:-actors-wont-cross-lines-at-globes/news/5338)

Abbey Marie
01-05-2008, 01:48 PM
The only people who will really care are the overpriced hairdressers and designers who are now not needed.

Yurt
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
The only people who will really care are the overpriced hairdressers and designers who are now not needed.

:lol:

what, you don't watch those ass kissing awards? i'm great, no you are, no absolutely i am great, but you are greater, no you, no you, no me, ok what about me....

Abbey Marie
01-05-2008, 07:38 PM
:lol:

what, you don't watch those ass kissing awards? i'm great, no you are, no absolutely i am great, but you are greater, no you, no you, no me, ok what about me....

I find them kind of gag-ifying. :laugh2: