PDA

View Full Version : Very weird quote from Hillary: "I have produced change" ???

Little-Acorn
01-05-2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8TV9LH80&show_article=1

(snip)
Clinton got off her plane in New Hampshire and declared: "This is especially about all of the young people in New Hampshire who need a president who won't just call for change, or a president who won't just demand change, but a president who will produce change, just like I've been doing for 35 years."
(snip)

I first heard that on TV this morning, and looked it up to see if it was a hoax or some kind of joke. Sure enough, she actually said that, and just yesterday. And with a straight face.

Did I miss something? What change, exactly, has she "produced" in the last 35 years? She hasn't even been in any kind of office until her Senate election. And the sum total of bills she has written and gotten passed there? **ZERO**.

She may have been referring to her time as First Lady. Or, "co-President", as she once referred to it. ut wasn't Bill the Presidentt, in fact, during that time? Certainly she advised Bill, as every First Lady advises her husband. But the only thing she was ever actually in charge of, was the Health Care task force in 1993, and it flopped on its face and never became law.

Wha "change" did she EVER produce? Can someone help me out here?

Actually, I guess there was one change she did produce, through her one actual government job during her husband's presidency. She came up with the "President's Health Care Reform Plan", and even published a book by that title. American voters reacted with nothing short of horror, especially at the draconian restrictions on doctor choice, huge new bureaucracies, dozens of normal activities now designated "crimes", etc. And the following year, they voted Democrats out of majorities in both the House and Senate, ending an almost-unbroken Dem monopoly that stretched back sixty years.

So I guess Hillary did produce one change. But it's very weird to hear her bragging about it now.

DrJohn
01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Obama won Iowa promoting himself as the Candidate of Change so Clinton is jumping on that bandwagon.

Typical politician.

Kathianne
01-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Typical 'losing' politician.

DrJohn
01-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Typical 'losing' politician.

I guess we'll see in November.

01-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Well Hillary is clearly the candidate of change. She changes her image and positions everyday.