PDA

View Full Version : Hey manu, How Ya Doin?

Pale Rider
01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I know the bay area is getting pummeled, are you OK?

Pale Rider
01-05-2008, 06:19 PM
It's snowing like a bitch here again, but the wind isn't blowing like it did yesterday.

What's been the haps over in the bay?

Yurt
01-05-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm 3.5 hours south of manu, we were told this was the storm of the year, however, we are ok now. Granted I have power, and others don't, but most of the city has power. The waves were absolutely amazing today. I have never seen such a huge swell at morro bay rock as i have seen today. The wife and I stormed chased all morning, then gave up and came home in the afternoon as things settled down.

manu1959
01-05-2008, 06:55 PM
I know the bay area is getting pummeled, are you OK?

thank you for asking.....i live inland a bit ...... on the other side of the oakland hills so we didn't get hit too hard at all ..........

Kathianne
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
thank you for asking.....i live inland a bit ...... on the other side of the oakland hills so we didn't get hit too hard at all ..........

Glad you guys are fine. From what I'm hearing, more was made out of the severity than warranted. Not that it wasn't rough, just sort of to be expected more or less at this time of year?

manu1959
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Glad you guys are fine. From what I'm hearing, more was made out of the severity than warranted. Not that it wasn't rough, just sort of to be expected more or less at this time of year?

it was cold and 50 -70 mph winds and waves at the coast.....and lots of rain and minor flooding.....power outages and fallen trees......pretty typical really.....

nevadamedic
01-05-2008, 07:21 PM

You live in Oakland?!? I was born there and lived there for a few years then moved to Alamo then to Tahoe and now Carson City. Most of my family and friends are in the Bay Area. I have a lot of family in Fremont, Oakland and Oakdale right out of Modesto. I lived over off of Geranium and then off of Harding in Oakland and a very good friend of our families owns a big real estate company in Oakland and Walnut Creet, Wells and Bennett Realtors off of Leimert.

Yurt
01-05-2008, 07:25 PM
You live in Oakland?!? I was born there and lived there for a few years then moved to Alamo then to Tahoe and now Carson City. Most of my family and friends are in the Bay Area. I have a lot of family in Fremont, Oakland and Oakdale right out of Modesto. I lived over off of Geranium and then off of Harding in Oakland and a very good friend of our families owns a big real estate company in Oakland and Walnut Creet, Wells and Bennett Realtors off of Leimert.

do you like visually punching people with your cat/avi?

nevadamedic
01-05-2008, 07:27 PM

Yup, I love it.

Kathianne
01-05-2008, 07:27 PM
it was cold and 50 -70 mph winds and waves at the coast.....and lots of rain and minor flooding.....power outages and fallen trees......pretty typical really.....

Glad you are doing fine! :cheers2:

manu1959
01-05-2008, 07:29 PM

was born in oakland live in the east bay ..... once lived in reno ..... dad's family helped settle the carson valley .... all burried in franktown cemetary .....

nevadamedic
01-05-2008, 07:39 PM
was born in oakland live in the east bay ..... once lived in reno ..... dad's family helped settle the carson valley .... all burried in franktown cemetary .....

I remember you asking me about that cemetery in the past.

Pale Rider
01-05-2008, 07:48 PM

I think the Tahoe, Truckee area got it the worst. They said they clocked one wind burst at 125 mph up there. The wind blew here pretty bad too. The snow was blowing straight horizontal at one point. And then some moron has to run into a power pole near me and take out my power for an hour. I've always been amazed at how little they plow around here. They just let the snow do what it's going to do on the streets of Reno, unlike back in Wisconsin. It starts snowing in Wisconsin and the first things out on the road are the snow plows. If a plow comes through your neighborhood in Reno, consider yourself damn lucky.

Good to hear you're alright pard.

Pale Rider
01-05-2008, 07:50 PM

Aggravating avatar for an aggravating person.

Yurt
01-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Yup, I love it.

Do you like stating the obvious? Obviously...... :)

Seems you don't care that your avi offends people, in FACT, you seem to LOVE that it offends people.

Why?

5stringJeff
01-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Aggravating avatar for an aggravating person.

Must... spread.... rep...

:)

Pale Rider
01-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Do you like stating the obvious? Obviously...... :)

Seems you don't care that your avi offends people, in FACT, you seem to LOVE that it offends people.

Why?

Did you know that LN is his sister? Yup. They're twins.