PDA

View Full Version : seahaws-skins game

darin
01-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Very emotional game to watch - I felt HORRIBLE when, near the end of the game, one of our CB actually ran-back an INT, instead of just taking a knee. Felt a little like rubbing-it-in. Didn't like that. :(

Go Hawks.

red states rule
01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Very emotional game to watch - I felt HORRIBLE when, near the end of the game, one of our CB actually ran-back an INT, instead of just taking a knee. Felt a little like rubbing-it-in. Didn't like that. :(

Go Hawks.

I was hoping the Skins would win, but they had a hell of a great run.

I did not see it as rubbing it in, he had a chance to score and he took it

Now if someone would only beat Dallas

Dilloduck
01-05-2008, 08:14 PM

Go Hawks.

Taking a knee AND getting an opponent to touch you is hard to pull off.

82Marine89
01-05-2008, 08:18 PM

Go Hawks.

Being a Cowboy fan I loved it. Didn't expect the Hawks to win, but it was a well deserved victory.

darin
01-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Taking a knee AND getting an opponent to touch you is hard to pull off.

He should have went down, and allowed the Offense to take a knee to end the game. Was very UN-Westbrook-like. :)

Dilloduck
01-05-2008, 10:06 PM
He should have went down, and allowed the Offense to take a knee to end the game. Was very UN-Westbrook-like. :)

Im not sure that he can just take a knee for the play to be blown dead---looked to me like he wasn't sure either. I don't think anyone is really gonna trash him for it.

darin
01-05-2008, 10:22 PM
If he takes a knee, or otherwise just lay down, he'd be done when somebody touched him. (shrug). I'm not talking about him 'fair catching' or anything - just thought it was selfish of him to run it back w/ 20 seconds left?

Dilloduck
01-05-2008, 10:26 PM
If he takes a knee, or otherwise just lay down, he'd be done when somebody touched him. (shrug). I'm not talking about him 'fair catching' or anything - just thought it was selfish of him to run it back w/ 20 seconds left?

As an opponent I'd just let him lie there rather than get credit for a "tackle" too.---Whatever --no harm. They've got at least one more game to be classy in.

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 02:32 AM
congratulations on the victory :)

Go Hawks.

OCA
01-06-2008, 08:24 AM

Go Hawks.

This is the playoffs, there is no room for that weak shit, you take every point you can muster.

darin
01-06-2008, 12:39 PM
with 27 seconds left, and possession, where the opposition has no time-outs left? His selfishness put his teammates at risk.

5stringJeff
01-06-2008, 01:04 PM

Go Hawks.

I thought that was awesome... especially when the Skin's QB got flattened on a block during the return.

with 27 seconds left, and possession, where the opposition has no time-outs left? His selfishness put his teammates at risk.

Wanting to score points is not selfish.

darin
01-06-2008, 01:07 PM
It's absolutely selfish when the points don't matter. See: Brian Westbrook a coupel weeks ago.

5stringJeff
01-06-2008, 01:09 PM
It's absolutely selfish when the points don't matter. See: Brian Westbrook a coupel weeks ago.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. For a CB to have the chance to put points on the board and just take a knee is, in my book, not giving 100%.

darin
01-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. For a CB to have the chance to put points on the board and just take a knee is, in my book, not giving 100%.

Context dictates. Seattle was up by 14 already. 27 seconds left. For him to take a knee has the potential to avoid injuries to his other players. Because he decided "I'm going to score just because I can" he put the rest of his team at risk of injury via another kick-off and defensive series. Was brian westbrook not giving 100% by 'not' scoring a few weeks ago?

In 2005 Ken Hamlin intercepted a pass by Mark Bulger to give the seahawks the ball at the Ram's 10 yard line. Had he NOT been selfish, he would have swatted-away the 4th-down pass, to give the hawks the ball at the Ram's 40.

Both Hamlin and Babs played without game-situation-awareness.

Dilloduck
01-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Context dictates. Seattle was up by 14 already. 27 seconds left. For him to take a knee has the potential to avoid injuries to his other players. Because he decided "I'm going to score just because I can" he put the rest of his team at risk of injury via another kick-off and defensive series. Was brian westbrook not giving 100% by 'not' scoring a few weeks ago?

In 2005 Ken Hamlin intercepted a pass by Mark Bulger to give the seahawks the ball at the Ram's 10 yard line. Had he NOT been selfish, he would have swatted-away the 4th-down pass, to give the hawks the ball at the Ram's 40.

So what was he supposed to do ? Take a knee and call for an opposing player to come and touch him. I can see it now---some dude comes over to touch him and he steps into the end zone. OWWWWWWWWWW :laugh2:

darin
01-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Dillo? You didn't see the play, did you?

He ran it back more than FIFTY YARDS.

Brian Westbrook slid down before he crossed the endzone, to secure the win. I'm saying Babs, and the seahawks would have been better-served for babs to do the same. I would never trade a 14 point win for a 21 point win + the risk of injury to fellow teammates.

Dilloduck
01-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Dillo? You didn't see the play, did you?

He ran it back more than FIFTY YARDS.

Brian Westbrook slid down before he crossed the endzone, to secure the win. I'm saying Babs, and the seahawks would have been better-served for babs to do the same. I would never trade a 14 point win for a 21 point win + the risk of injury to fellow teammates.

I saw the WHOLE game. If I had intercepted it I would have run as far as I could----AWAY from where my opponents could score. If you take a knee you take the risk of getting hit. If you get hit, you risk fumbling. If you fumble, you risk pissing of about a million people for taking risks. He made the SMART play. Winning is everything.

OCA
01-06-2008, 02:50 PM

Again D...this is the playoffs there is no need for this namby pamby feel sorry for your opponent junk.

And just how did him returning the pick for a TD put his teammates at risk? I've spent all day trying to figure that out and i've yet to come up with anything.

No, its the playoffs and you take every point you can get when the situation is presented.

darin
01-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I saw the WHOLE game. If I had intercepted it I would have run as far as I could----AWAY from where my opponents could score. If you take a knee you take the risk of getting hit. If you get hit, you risk fumbling. If you fumble, you risk pissing of about a million people for taking risks. He made the SMART play. Winning is everything.

You're nuts. Really. Here's what he should have done, had he any concept of the context of the game:

Make the INT. Stay down.

Offense comes out takes a knee, and they go home.

What he DID was selfishly score. It didn't help the team win - it had NOTHING to do with the win. As I keep saying, but you keep refusing to 'get' - Skins had NO time-outs, and there was less than 30 seconds left. AND seattle was up by 14.

Again D...this is the playoffs there is no need for this namby pamby feel sorry for your opponent junk.

And just how did him returning the pick for a TD put his teammates at risk? I've spent all day trying to figure that out and i've yet to come up with anything.

What happens if on the kick-off a GOOD Special teams guy blows a hammy? kick-offs are perhaps the most-violent time of a game. What if on the next defensive play Pat Kerney tears a triceps? I can see it now, Because Babs ran that in, on the ensuing def. play, Marcus Trufant gets tangled with Moss and tears a tendon.

For what?

The returned INT for the TD did NOTHING to help seattle win. Nobody can argue it did. Nobody can honestly argue the score mattered. It's not about taking it easy against an opponent, it's about making the best decision with the ball. The BEST choice would have been to catch the ball and stay down.

Dilloduck
01-06-2008, 02:57 PM
You're nuts. Really. Here's what he should have done, had he any concept of the context of the game:

Make the INT. Stay down.

What he DID was selfishly score.

What happens if on the kick-off a GOOD Special teams guy blows a hammy? kick-offs are perhaps the most-violent time of a game. What if on the next defensive play Pat Kerney tears a triceps? I can see it now, Because Babs ran that in, on the ensuing def. play, Marcus Trufant gets tangled with Moss and tears a tendon.

For what?

The returned INT for the TD did NOTHING to help seattle win. Nobody can argue it did. Nobody can honestly argue the score mattered. It's not about taking it easy against an opponent, it's about making the best decision with the ball. The BEST choice would have been to catch the ball and stay down.

And you can GUARANTEE he wouldnt have fumbled or gotten hurt when am opponent nailed him ?

OCA
01-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Make the INT. Stay down.

What he DID was selfishly score.

For what?

Playing a playoff game with injury as the primary concern=playoff losses.

Take it from 1 who's team has actually won a Super Bowl or two.

darin
01-06-2008, 03:05 PM
And you can GUARANTEE he wouldnt have fumbled or gotten hurt when am opponent nailed him ?

You can't guarantee anybody would have 'NAILED' him. You can't argue there's a LESS chance of a fumble by running back through a crowd for 50 yards, compared to simply catching, then getting to the ground. Be real here.

Playing a playoff game with injury as the primary concern=playoff losses.

That only means anything if the play matters to the outcome of the game. In this case, the best choice would have been to catch, then sit down and wait to be tagged down.

Dilloduck
01-06-2008, 03:15 PM
You can't guarantee anybody would have 'NAILED' him. You can't argue there's a LESS chance of a fumble by running back through a crowd for 50 yards, compared to simply catching, then getting to the ground. Be real here .

I'm being very real---There always is a chance of fumbling after you are hit. He was running AWAY from the crowd and away from where the opponents could score. You are the one recommending he take the chance of getting hit.

darin
01-06-2008, 11:19 PM
There would be NO Chance of him fumbling if tagged down after falling on an INT. You're not being serious now.