PDA

View Full Version : Romney and Thompson killing McCain/Giuliani on Immigration

01-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Im watching the debate. And Romney and Thompson are just ripping McCain and Giuliani apart on the amnesty issue.

(move this to the 2008 thread. i put it in the wrong folder)

Classact
01-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I've been following the Repub candidates also and had a discussion with my wife today that concluded Thompson is the only possible candidate that can turn out the Republican vote. I don't think any Republican can win at this point in time but things can change quickly.

I think the upcoming State of the Union will give Bush a chance to stir up the star struck Democrats and the news media.

I think Hillary will have Obama killed if it appears she is losing and blame the racist Republicans for the deed... she is just cold enough to guarantee her turn as Commander in Chief.

red states rule
01-05-2008, 09:28 PM
I've been following the Repub candidates also and had a discussion with my wife today that concluded Thompson is the only possible candidate that can turn out the Republican vote. I don't think any Republican can win at this point in time but things can change quickly.

I think the upcoming State of the Union will give Bush a chance to stir up the star struck Democrats and the news media.

I think Hillary will have Obama killed if it appears she is losing and blame the racist Republicans for the deed... she is just cold enough to guarantee her turn as Commander in Chief.

If Hillary is the Dems choice, she will turn out alot of Republicans - so they can vote against her

Republicans need to keep hammering Dems on their desire to raise taxes, surrender in Iraq, and increased spending. If they do that, they will win

Classact
01-05-2008, 10:05 PM
If Hillary is the Dems choice, she will turn out alot of Republicans - so they can vote against her

Republicans need to keep hammering Demos on their desire to raise taxes, surrender in Iraq, and increased spending. If they do that, they will winI think it doesn't matter which Dem represents the party for president they will win if the Republicans don't have a candidate that all can vote for. The key is immigration, the US Supreme Court is deciding a case right now on whether or not illegals can vote in presidential elections... if the court doesn't demand US citizens only vote then the Democrats will win this election and every election in our lifetime.

The Republican candidate must demand immigration be brutally enforced or the party is dead! It seems the only winner can be either Ron Paul or Thompson... Paul to get the independent votes and Thompson to do the same with immigration as the leading issue.

red states rule
01-06-2008, 07:05 AM
I think it doesn't matter which Dem represents the party for president they will win if the Republicans don't have a candidate that all can vote for. The key is immigration, the US Supreme Court is deciding a case right now on whether or not illegals can vote in presidential elections... if the court doesn't demand US citizens only vote then the Democrats will win this election and every election in our lifetime.

The Republican candidate must demand immigration be brutally enforced or the party is dead! It seems the only winner can be either Ron Paul or Thompson... Paul to get the independent votes and Thompson to do the same with immigration as the leading issue.

It does matter. Hillary will bring out alot of Republican votes. Obama and Edwards are bioth pushing the populist agenda.

All 3 are telling pople how miserable they are, and they are to stupid to realize it. They all want more of their money in the form of higher taxes and bigger government

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 07:16 AM
i dont like the whole you needs us mentality of the democrats it is very arrogant.

It does matter. Hillary will bring out alot of Republican votes. Obama and Edwards are bioth pushing the populist agenda.

All 3 are telling pople how miserable they are, and they are to stupid to realize it. They all want more of their money in the form of higher taxes and bigger government

red states rule
01-06-2008, 07:29 AM
i dont like the whole you needs us mentality of the democrats it is very arrogant.

That is one of the foundations of liberalism. They want you dependent on them. They want you to look to the Feds for the answers to all your problems

In exchage they will take 33% (more if they can get away with it) of your income and coddle you from cradle to grave

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 07:32 AM
They talk about helping people with disabilities, those in poverty, and they really wanna do is keep people with disabilities and those poor, from achieving anything on their own, effectively cripling them, and then give them barely anything.

Liberalism is almost a dependency on a drug, with a very bad hang over

That is one of the foundations of liberalism. They want you dependent on them. They want you to look to the Feds for the answers to all your problems

In exchage they will take 33% (more if they can get away with it) of your income and coddle you from cradle to grave

red states rule
01-06-2008, 07:37 AM
They talk about helping people with disabilities, those in poverty, and they really wanna do is keep people with disabilities and those poor, from achieving anything on their own, effectively cripling them, and then give them barely anything.

Liberalism is almost a dependency on a drug, with a very bad hang over

Liberals are like drug dealers. Wanting you dependent on them for your next "fix" (your next government handout)

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 07:39 AM
I agree fully, just look at ghetto's, the government gives free housing while doing nothing to address the real problems that cause poverty.

Liberals are like drug dealers. Wanting you dependent on them for your next "fix" (your next government handout)

Pale Rider
01-06-2008, 07:40 AM
I think it doesn't matter which Dem represents the party for president they will win if the Republicans don't have a candidate that all can vote for.

Republicans don't really work that way. We so hate the liberal agenda that it really won't matter who is on our ticket, we'll happily vote for them even if we don't like them, as a vote AGAINST the democrap.

The next President will be another Republican, without a doubt. Doesn't matter who the lib nominee is.

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 07:41 AM
i wont vote for a lib, i dont agree with their polices.

I dont think a dem is best for america

and im a bit biased, being a republican :laugh2:

Republicans don't really work that way. We so hate the liberal agenda that it really won't matter who is on our ticket, we'll happily vote for them even if we don't like them, as a vote AGAINST the democrap.

The next President will be another Republican, without a doubt. Doesn't matter who the lib nominee is.

red states rule
01-06-2008, 07:44 AM

Then we will have to listen to the left whine about another stolen election, and how the Dem was "swiftboated" again :lol:

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 08:05 AM
when will libs learn...

when a state decision affects the entire country...

the federal government has the right and obligation to step in and make the decision

states right end at the border of the state, and only if their decision doesnt directly affect out of state issues, should it be allowed to stand

Then we will have to listen to the left whine about another stolen election, and how the Dem was "swiftboated" again :lol:

OCA
01-06-2008, 08:38 AM

Funny that didn't happen in 92 or 96.

Pale Rider
01-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Funny that didn't happen in 92 or 96.

Well, this is '08, and things are different now.

OCA
01-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, this is '08, and things are different now.

What things? Didn't Repubs get their ass handed to em about two years ago? Or was I fucked up on reservation fire water and imagined that shit?

Pale Rider
01-06-2008, 11:17 AM
What things? Didn't Repubs get their ass handed to em about two years ago? Or was I fucked up on reservation fire water and imagined that shit?

Things like this is the first election is a long, long time where there isn't an incumbent running. It's wide open.

And I thought you were from Greece... now you're a drunk American Indian?

OCA
01-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Things like this is the first election is a long, long time where there isn't an incumbent running. It's wide open.

And I thought you were from Greece... now you're a drunk American Indian?

No incumbent ran in 2000, only 8 years ago and they ran a douchebag stiff like Gore so Repubs won.

Face it, people are so pissed at Bush and Republicans that they are either going to vote Demo or not vote at all.

5stringJeff
01-06-2008, 12:58 PM
McCain = Amnesty, which is reason #1 that he'll never win the GOP nomination.

actsnoblemartin
01-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Im having a very hard time supporting mccain for that very reason. He tried to give illegals amnesty, he can spin it all he wants, but that is what he did

I cant support huckabee, or guiliani,

so its down to thompson, romney, mccain

Im leaning towards either romney or thompson

McCain = Amnesty, which is reason #1 that he'll never win the GOP nomination.

red states rule
01-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Im having a very hard time supporting mccain for that very reason. He tried to give illegals amnesty, he can spin it all he wants, but that is what he did

I cant support huckabee, or guiliani,

so its down to thompson, romney, mccain

Im leaning towards either romney or thompson

and he still says he would vote against the Bush tax cuts - despite 4 years of economic growth and a shrinking budget deficit

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 12:08 PM
No incumbent ran in 2000, only 8 years ago and they ran a douchebag stiff like Gore so Repubs won.

Face it, people are so pissed at Bush and Republicans that they are either going to vote Demo or not vote at all.

Yeah they are, including me. That's why the current Republican candidates have distanced themselves so far from the bush doctrine.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 04:27 AM
McCain still has to explain his amnesty bill that went down to defeat

Amnesty bill could derail McCain’s train
By Howie Carr
Monday, January 7, 2008 - Updated 1h ago

John McCain is old - very old.

Which may explain his abject confusion about whether he supports amnesty for 20 million illegal aliens. When you’re 71 years old, short-term memory loss can be part of the package, along with the delusion that Wilfred Brimley’s endorsement is big with the iPod generation.

Last spring McCain and the hero of Chappaquiddick, with the help of La Raza, put together a grandiose scheme to grant amnesty to millions upon millions of foreign invaders. It was so outrageous they refused to hold hearings on it. The bill went down in flames, twice, and so did McCain’s campaign for almost a year.

Now McCain is back, sort of. But his “amnesty” bill is still political poison. So when he’s called on it, as he was by Mitt Romney Saturday night at Saint Anselm College, he speaks with forked tongue:

“It’s not amnesty. And for you to describe it as you do in the attack ads, my friend, you can spend your whole fortune on these attack ads, but it still won’t be true.”

You can understand his hysteria. It’s now or never for the grumpy old man. If he wins tomorrow, he goes on to Michigan and South Carolina. If McCain loses he heads straight to the dogtrack. Wonderland, here’s Johnnnnnny!

for the complete article

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1064993

Classact
01-08-2008, 08:09 AM

All 3 are telling pople how miserable they are, and they are to stupid to realize it. They all want more of their money in the form of higher taxes and bigger governmentI don't disagree with what you say but point out that only about 25% of the population says they are Republican right now... The trend is for change and getting out of Iraq, change seems to be social give me programs using new Robin Hood liberals to rob the rich and give to the poor... The independants will decide, the women will decide, emotions will decide if the touchy feely stuff sounds good or not to the women and independent over what Republicans offer.

On the brighter side the Supreme Court will not allow illegal Mexicans to vote for Robin Hood http://electionlawblog.org/archives/006981.html

I think a lot of Republicans are voting for Obama to take Hill out of the race... after the primaries they will then vote Republican... it is a gamble but the odds are 50-50 that Obama will be killed either by the Clintons or other racists leaving them losers to vote for??? Does that make sense?

red states rule
01-08-2008, 08:15 AM
I don't disagree with what you say but point out that only about 25% of the population says they are Republican right now... The trend is for change and getting out of Iraq, change seems to be social give me programs using new Robin Hood liberals to rob the rich and give to the poor... The independants will decide, the women will decide, emotions will decide if the touchy feely stuff sounds good or not to the women and independent over what Republicans offer.

On the brighter side the Supreme Court will not allow illegal Mexicans to vote for Robin Hood http://electionlawblog.org/archives/006981.html

I think a lot of Republicans are voting for Obama to take Hill out of the race... after the primaries they will then vote Republican... it is a gamble but the odds are 50-50 that Obama will be killed either by the Clintons or other racists leaving them losers to vote for??? Does that make sense?

With all due respect my friend, I do not believe a mojority of voters want to lose in Iraq, They were upset when US troops were dying, but now they see the successes in Iraq, and they will not want to leave before the job is done.

I also believe most people do not want their taxes raised to pay for a bigger bloated government. In the Washington Times, the approval ratings for Gov O'Malley's approval rating is lower then Pres Bush's. MD just passed a $1.6 billion tax hike, and O'Malley was giddy over it

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080108/METRO/635060393/1001

America is not a liberal country, and I have faith people will not fall for the usual dooma nd gloom crap the left sprews during every election

glockmail
01-08-2008, 08:51 AM

After looking at the changes in the polls since Iowa I have been forced to re-think my whole stategy on winning this election. I used to think that Hillary would take the Dem Non but now Obama has a double-digit lead over her, and she's panicking. I now think the key to the general election is going to be: "who can beat Obama".

It looks like females are voting for him because they hate Hillary, and secretly agree with Ann Coulter that The Breck Girl is a faggot. This demographic is more fickle than most and is the most likely to change their support. Also many are in the mood for a change, as in "out with the old generation".

That being said, Thompson and McCain are out because they won't pull the female demographic away from Obama/ They are from the older generation and won't pull from the people who want "change" or a "fresh face". We need someone younger, with better hair. That leaves Huck, Gulliani, and Romney.

- The Huckster has a comb-over;
- G-Man trashed his ex-wife, has a stupid NY accent and a comb-over;
- That leaves Romney, who's a dedicated family man and has great hair.

If Republicans are smart they will nominate Romney. He has the best chance to beat Obama. With his executive experience he'll be able to convince voters to vote for him.

JohnDoe
01-08-2008, 09:52 AM
After looking at the changes in the polls since Iowa I have been forced to re-think my whole stategy on winning this election. I used to think that Hillary would take the Dem Non but now Obama has a double-digit lead over her, and she's panicking. I now think the key to the general election is going to be: "who can beat Obama".

It looks like females are voting for him because they hate Hillary, and secretly agree with Ann Coulter that The Breck Girl is a faggot. This demographic is more fickle than most and is the most likely to change their support. Also many are in the mood for a change, as in "out with the old generation".

That being said, Thompson and McCain are out because they won't pull the female demographic away from Obama/ They are from the older generation and won't pull from the people who want "change" or a "fresh face". We need someone younger, with better hair. That leaves Huck, Gulliani, and Romney.

- The Huckster has a comb-over;
- G-Man trashed his ex-wife, has a stupid NY accent and a comb-over;
- That leaves Romney, who's a dedicated family man and has great hair.

If Republicans are smart they will nominate Romney. He has the best chance to beat Obama. With his executive experience he'll be able to convince voters to vote for him.

I could "live with" Romney as President, ONLY if the Democratic Party gets 60 senators and keeps its majority in the House.

Then we would have a devided gvt, and much less spending, more than likely.

Also, Romney has experience with compromise, he had to do it in Massachusetts....and other places in his career....imo, one can truly say he is a flip flopper....goes with the sway of a Palm tree when it comes to polling the public :D and what they are looking for in a candidate or governor or maybe even President someday and perhaps THIS IS what we need now a days....instead of someone as steadfast in their own thinking such as President Bush while ignoring the will of the People?

Anyway, I am uncertain that any Republican can win in 2008 but Romney would be the republican's best bet, PERHAPS? (AND OF COURSE i would take this position! lol )

....but not sure how well he will 'win over' the republican vote for the majority of the South....he does not seem genuine or an 'every day folk' type of person that I believe many down there in the south, would like to see in their candidate, he's too polished imho for that...!

I also have no problems with a Democratic President, if the Senate doesn't get to a 60 majority of Dems, and the House reamains the same too.

The radical agenda's can still be stopped by a republican filibuster in the Senate, taking 60 votes to pass anything.

I do think that Thompson could be a sleeper....might be favored in the south once down there....or Huckabee, who knows?

I think guilliani has too much baggage, hunter a good guy but not going anywhere....

And Obama does not have the experience needed to be president is what will be thought by the time of the election....the press has softballed him compared to hillary, or edwards, or any one of the candidates, but they will attack him when they think the Hill is out of the way imo.

It is the republicans best chance to win. They can play many angles honestly, they can pit the white supremicist againt him, and also the average bigot against him and even the logical conservative against him, and the Necon against him, and even the religious right can be pitted against him
in one manner or another.... it's a dirty game, a rotten dirty game...

jd

Classact
01-09-2008, 08:27 AM
With all due respect my friend, I do not believe a mojority of voters want to lose in Iraq, They were upset when US troops were dying, but now they see the successes in Iraq, and they will not want to leave before the job is done.I agree and I think Hillary also agrees with you since she didn't apologize for her war vote. I think she will move to the center once she is the Dem nominee.

I also believe most people do not want their taxes raised to pay for a bigger bloated government. In the Washington Times, the approval ratings for Gov O'Malley's approval rating is lower then Pres Bush's. MD just passed a $1.6 billion tax hike, and O'Malley was giddy over itLet's take a look at the number of voters supporting the Dem Party in comparrison verses those supporting the Repub Party, if the trend continues the House and Senate will be Dem majority along with the President... they, the majority, must think the Dem's won't make goverment larger and increase taxes??? With a HOuse/Senate super majority the president doesn't matter they just overide vetoes...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080108/METRO/635060393/1001

America is not a liberal country, and I have faith people will not fall for the usual dooma nd gloom crap the left sprews during every electionThey seem to be falling all over themselves so far to "change" and to them change is an all new congress that works together... the only congress that works together with their differences has to be the same party and the trend is Dem's...

The only hope to cause the majority to be Republican is to push illegal immigration... make the Dem's divorce the illegal support or say out loud they support illegals... they do support illegals, it was the Dem Party that filed the SC case on voter ID in the link I provided last post... The vetoed SCHIP bill guaranteed illegal Mexican's got the insurance... McCain, Romney and Huckster all say build the fence first and drop the only strong difference between the parties... I think Huckster or Thompson will make illegal immigration the top issue in the south and put the Dems in a challenge situation... if they don't the trend will continue with majorities of D's in house/senate/whitehouse.

5stringJeff
01-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Why McCain will never win:

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/varv01082008a.jpg