PDA

View Full Version : Welcome, NightTrain!

jimnyc
02-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Although he's been back for a few days already, wanted to make sure he received a warm welcome! Many of you might not know him, but he was also one of the originals at our old board. Actually, he was part of a group of us from way before that at an old free board. Think he got a bit burned out debating there after awhile, either that or I thought he froze to death, as he's in Alaska as well! :)

Mr. P
02-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Although he's been back for a few days already, wanted to make sure he received a warm welcome! Many of you might not know him, but he was also one of the originals at our old board. Actually, he was part of a group of us from way before that at an old free board. Think he got a bit burned out debating there after awhile, either that or I thought he froze to death, as he's in Alaska as well! :)

Long distance relationships just don't work, Jim. :poke:

Abbey Marie
02-17-2007, 12:14 PM
How far away from Stephanie does NT live?

dan
02-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Wuzzup, NT!

Said1
02-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey NT!

A little early to be thawed out? :laugh:

jimnyc
02-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Long distance relationships just don't work, Jim. :poke:

I don't think NT swings that way! :laugh2:

Not sure, guess we'll have to wait for them 2 to tell us here!

darin
02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Word! Welcome! Didn't he use a B1? As his Avatar? Flying over a lake, or something?

jimnyc
02-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Word! Welcome! Didn't he use a B1? As his Avatar? Flying over a lake, or something?

Was definitely some sort of jet flying over the water, not sure of the model though. Hell, I can't even tell regular jets apart. :)

stephanie
02-17-2007, 01:32 PM

If I remember right, he was in Wasilla....about 6hrs from me...

Hi, nighttrain....

darin
02-17-2007, 01:53 PM
If I remember right, he was in Wasilla....about 6hrs from me...

Hi, nighttrain....

6hrs? For Alaska, that means you're practically neighbors! :D

stephanie
02-17-2007, 02:17 PM

Hell Ya...

It's a hop, skip, and a jump...:laugh2:

jackass
02-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't think NT swings that way! :laugh2:

If you notice....Jim NEVER says HE doesnt swing that way!! :suck:

Welcome NT!

Gaffer
02-17-2007, 10:13 PM

That's six hours by plane.

stephanie
02-17-2007, 10:46 PM
That's six hours by plane.

Na...We can drive there....
It would be about 5hrs...if we drive really really fast...:laugh2:

NightTrain
05-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi there guys!

Sorry I missed your warm welcome way back in Feb!

I'm heading out to Red Dog Mine for a month or two, will check back in before I launch on Wednesday. I may be around more on this next gig, since there really isn't much to do in that neck o' the woods on my 12 hours off.

Yes, Steph is in Fairbanks, I've made the drive in a little over 4 hours... I may have severely fractured a few local speed laws enroute.

Yeah, my avatar was the B1 flying over a lake, I always liked that painting.

Glad to see everyone still fighting the good fight!

NT

05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
i remember NT. welcome here!

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi there guys!

Sorry I missed your warm welcome way back in Feb!

I'm heading out to Red Dog Mine for a month or two, will check back in before I launch on Wednesday. I may be around more on this next gig, since there really isn't much to do in that neck o' the woods on my 12 hours off.

Yes, Steph is in Fairbanks, I've made the drive in a little over 4 hours... I may have severely fractured a few local speed laws enroute.

Yeah, my avatar was the B1 flying over a lake, I always liked that painting.

Glad to see everyone still fighting the good fight!

NT
I hope you tell us about your time at the mine. I'd sure be interested to hear. It's pretty far up in north Alaska. Some pictures would be fantastic!

NightTrain
05-26-2008, 08:49 AM
I have a ton of pics, will post them when I get back to town in a couple of weeks. The satellite internet for the entire operation here is the same for what I have at my house, it takes about 3 minutes just to load the main page on this site.

This whole operation is pretty amazing, I'll post pics and descriptions after I get back... but I will say now that anyone that can make Lead float is pretty ingenious, and these guys do it to the tune of $1.4 million per day just in lead.

I don't think I've ever seen a 737 land as hard as we did. We slammed down, bounced a couple of times, stopped. Then a 966 loader came out to get our luggage just as the Captain said over the PA : "We're here. Get your stuff... and get out." I thought it was funny as hell.

I'll start a thread with all the pics when I get back to civilization - I haven't burned Jimbo's bandwidth in a while now and he's due. :D

Kathianne
05-26-2008, 08:57 AM
I have a ton of pics, will post them when I get back to town in a couple of weeks. The satellite internet for the entire operation here is the same for what I have at my house, it takes about 3 minutes just to load the main page on this site.

This whole operation is pretty amazing, I'll post pics and descriptions after I get back... but I will say now that anyone that can make Lead float is pretty ingenious, and these guys do it to the tune of $1.4 million per day just in lead.

I don't think I've ever seen a 737 land as hard as we did. We slammed down, bounced a couple of times, stopped. Then a 966 loader came out to get our luggage just as the Captain said over the PA : "We're here. Get your stuff... and get out." I thought it was funny as hell.

I'll start a thread with all the pics when I get back to civilization - I haven't burned Jimbo's bandwidth in a while now and he's due. :D

Can't wait to see the pics! You most definitely have the most adventuresome employment of those around these parts!