PDA

View Full Version : Excluded from a debate. Paul holds a televised town hall meeting.

82Marine89
01-06-2008, 03:49 PM
MANCHESTER, N.H.--(Business Wire)--Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul's
campaign will be hosting its own forum on New Hampshire television,
following Dr. Paul's exclusion from a Fox News Republican "forum"
tonight.

The one hour townhall will be broadcast on Manchester television
station MCAM TV-23 from 5-6 PM ET. The event will also be simulcast
online at www.RonPaul2008.com.

"By unfairly excluding Congressman Paul, Fox News is turning its
back on New Hampshire voters who are tired of business as usual in
Washington that overtaxes, overspends and tramples our personal
liberties," said Ron Paul spokesman Jesse Benton. "Dr. Paul's message
of freedom, peace and prosperity is a natural fit with the Granite
State's 'live free or die' philosophy."

Continued at link... (http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS53799+06-Jan-2008+BW20080106)

Pale Rider
01-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Why those filthy, rotten, cock suckers.... I've been getting disgusted with Fox News little by little for quite awhile... now this. Well ya know what Fox News? Not only am I going to let you hear about my displeasure, but you just lost a viewer. Fuck you people.

Edit: Message sent to Fucks News letting them know just how utterly infuriated I am with their blatant bias against Ron Paul. I also let them know that they just lost a long time viewer and supporter. I would have never believed Fucks News would have pulled some shit like this. Fair and balanced my frigin' ass.

Kathianne
01-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Well going against the grain, both debates last evening were better because of the drop outs. Ron Paul is nationally still in the single digits. FOX has the right to invite or not any candidate they wish. ABC has already said that next round, there will be a threshold, Richardson will be out.

82Marine89
01-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Well going against the grain, both debates last evening were better because of the drop outs. Ron Paul is nationally still in the single digits. FOX has the right to invite or not any candidate they wish. ABC has already said that next round, there will be a threshold, Richardson will be out.

Maybe he is, but they need the shed the "Fair and balanced" mantra if they are going to do it. Until then, Americans will not be getting to see all of the candidates, just the ones the MSM wants in power.

Kathianne
01-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Maybe he is, but they need the shed the "Fair and balanced" mantra if they are going to do it. Until then, Americans will not be getting to see all of the candidates, just the ones the MSM wants in power.

Personally as I've said before, I think the debates serve little purpose. I'm much more for looking at their positions and white papers myself. Needless to say, I believe in looking at their background when considering them, which I did with Paul more than a year ago. Which is why I'm vehemently against him, though agree with him on many issues.

82Marine89
01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Where did he lose you?

Kathianne
01-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Where did he lose you?

I've been posting on him with links and videos for months. Not going to rehash. Bottom line:

1. for me, too many of his 'army' are truthers, kluckers, and neo nazis.
2. while saying he disagrees, he continues to take their money and even when the MSM finds Stormfront founder gave $500 he refuses to return or denounce them.

There's more, but that is enough for me. Conservative does not mean racist or anti-semitic.

82Marine89
01-06-2008, 05:01 PM
I've been posting on him with links and videos for months. Not going to rehash. Bottom line:

1. for me, too many of his 'army' are truthers, kluckers, and neo nazis.
2. while saying he disagrees, he continues to take their money and even when the MSM finds Stormfront founder gave $500 he refuses to return or denounce them.

There's more, but that is enough for me. Conservative does not mean racist or anti-semitic.

That's cool. It's just so many have reasons for disliking him that I wondered. As I said in an earlier thread, many Conservatives and Libertarians like him for his Constitutional philosophy. All the Liberals like him because he is out of touch with reality.

That being said, he is still better than anything the dems could nominate and he is my second choice after Hunter.

01-06-2008, 05:01 PM
smart move by Ron. I hope he was able to use this publicity to get more attention on him than the other candidates. That's what I would do.

Pale Rider
01-06-2008, 05:15 PM

Ron Paul isn't a "drop out," and not only that, he polls above others that fox news ISN'T cutting. There's absolutely NOTHING "fair and balanced" about that, and that is what infuriates me the most. Not so much that I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but fox news getting itself into the open bias business. They can go fuck themselves now... I just took their channel out of my favorites line up, and I may delete it completely out of my channel memory, and I let them know it too.

I would urge anybody else here that sees this as blatant candidate bias and cherry picking to write fox news and relate your ire and disgust.

Dilloduck
01-06-2008, 06:01 PM

Why bother with the formality of an expensive and often contested election? Just run a poll. Sounds simple enough to me.

Kathianne
01-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Why bother with the formality of an expensive and often contested election? Just run a poll. Sounds simple enough to me.

How about just conventions?

Dilloduck
01-06-2008, 07:03 PM
How about just conventions?

If everyone is welcome---having pollsters and the media deciding who gets free publicity is BS

Kathianne
01-06-2008, 07:09 PM
If everyone is welcome---having pollsters and the media deciding who gets free publicity is BS

Failed to answer my question.

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM
well if they let the KOOK Ron Paul in then they better dam sure let Duncan Hunter in

Dilloduck
01-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Failed to answer my question.

:laugh2: YES If everyone is welcome---having pollsters and the media deciding who gets free publicity is BS.