PDA

View Full Version : The Fox debate

01-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I know people are upset by the lack of Ron Paul in the debate, but I've been watching it and it's pretty good. I think all the candidates are coming off pretty strongly at this point. I like it. it shows the Republicans are very qualified.

01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I thought that was probably one of the best debates I've seen up to this point. I thought all the candidates came off well. Gives me hope for the Republicans. Apparently Huckabee made a mistake or two early on that I missed, but i don't know what that was and didnt know about it till afterwards.

I was really surpised at the focus group results. The all came out supporting Romney (who did excellent but I really did think they all did well). They said that Thompson was the worst based on communication issues. However, it was an overwhelming response. I personally didn't see it. I didnt even have a worst choice.

Romney apparently scored off the chart on the Immigration discussion and nearly off the charts when he talked about fixing washington.

Clearly it looks like Romney won by both the focus group and the pundits. I don't know how much it will effect the election this week though. I dont know how many are paying attention.

Needless to say im rather happy:)

82Marine89
01-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I know people are upset by the lack of Ron Paul in the debate, but I've been watching it and it's pretty good. I think all the candidates are coming off pretty strongly at this point. I like it. it shows the Republicans are very qualified.

That's because they didn't have anyone there that would challenge status quo.

Pale Rider
01-06-2008, 10:26 PM
I didn't watch it. I'm still very pissed off at fucks news cherry picking and blatantly open bias to ram who THEY want down your throat.

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I didn't watch it either with out the KOOK RP there I figured it would be real boring :laugh2:

nevadamedic
01-06-2008, 11:53 PM

Ron Paul sounded like he was insane and got schooled by Giuliani, I loved it! :laugh2:

82Marine89
01-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Ron Paul sounded like he was insane and got schooled by Giuliani, I loved it! :laugh2:

What debate did you watch?

01-07-2008, 12:21 AM

um... Ron Paul wasnt at the debate....

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 07:44 AM
um... Ron Paul wasnt at the debate....

I guess nm watched "the debate in his head,"... :cuckoo:

I finaly did watch a rerun of the debate, and I'm firmly convinced Mitt looked and sounded aces above the rest, even Thompson. McCain, the Huckster and Giuliani stuck to their amnesty, school and free medical for illegals message. Never in a million years would I vote for any of them for that. If any one of those three are the repub nominee, I will for the first time in my life vote Libertarian/Constitution Party. I think my choices would now be...

1. Hunter
2. Paul
3. Romney

And I think at this point Romney looks most like the man who's going to be the Republican nominee. I could live with that.

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I guess nm watched "the debate in his head,"... :cuckoo:

I finaly did watch a rerun of the debate, and I'm firmly convinced Mitt looked and sounded aces above the rest, even Thompson. McCain, the Huckster and Giuliani stuck to their amnesty, school and free medical for illegals message. Never in a million years would I vote for any of them for that. If any one of those three are the repub nominee, I will for the first time in my life vote Libertarian/Constitution Party. I think my choices would now be...

1. Hunter
2. Paul
3. Romney

And I think at this point Romney looks most like the man who's going to be the Republican nominee. I could live with that.

Pale, did you see this from the Hunter for President people? Since you are in Nevada, I thought it might be of interest:

Just yesterday the Nevada Republican Assembly, the largest concentration of Reagan Republicans in Nevada, endorsed Duncan Hunter with over two-thirds of the vote!

That means that the folks most actively watching the race and participating in Republican politics will show up at the Nevada caucus to vote for Hunter...

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Pale, did you see this from the Hunter for President people? Since you are in Nevada, I thought it might be of interest:

Thanks Ab. Yes I'm most definitely voting for Hunter in our primaries.

I'm still furious fox news struck Hunter and Paul from their forum. That's cherry picking who THEY want you to see, and there's NOTHING "fair and balanced" about that. Boy I let them know it too, in no uncertain terms.

nevadamedic
01-07-2008, 12:46 PM
What debate did you watch?

The one where Giuliani jumped Ron Pauls ass over the Iraq War and Islam. It was the one where the Democrats went right after the Republicans. Ron Paul came off like he was nuts.

The Nevada Republican Assembly isn't that big of as group. I am part of it. It's a great endorsement for Hunter though.

glockmail
01-07-2008, 01:02 PM

I watched for about 15 minutes, and I was impressed with all of them, even if I disagree with some of their policies. I don't get the same impression watching Democrats.

01-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I watched for about 15 minutes, and I was impressed with all of them, even if I disagree with some of their policies. I don't get the same impression watching Democrats.

I had the same conclusions.

glockmail
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I had the same conclusions. Its hard not to like any of them. As much as I like Paul's conservatism, he comes across as a kook.

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 01:20 PM

I agree, G. It's a good Republican field, and they have enough differences to keep it interesting. Slick boy Edwards, whose abilities were honed by tricking juries into awarding millions to, well, him, isn't worthy to lick any of their boots.

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I agree, G. It's a good Republican field, and they have enough differences to keep it interesting. Slick boy Edwards, whose abilities were honed by tricking juries into awarding millions to, well, him, isn't worthy to lick any of their boots.

Oh Lord isn't that sooo true.

I'm just amazed that there's people that follow and support those creeps. It just baffles me. It's like when Jay Leno takes a picture of President Bush out on the streets and starts stopping people to ask them if they know who it is, and some don't.... just amazing there's such oblivious, ignorant people... democrats.

Kathianne
01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
The one where Giuliani jumped Ron Pauls ass over the Iraq War and Islam. It was the one where the Democrats went right after the Republicans. Ron Paul came off like he was nuts.

The Nevada Republican Assembly isn't that big of as group. I am part of it. It's a great endorsement for Hunter though.

I'll assume that was Saturday's ABC debate. First the GOP, then the DEMS.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 01:07 AM
I'll assume that was Saturday's ABC debate. First the GOP, then the DEMS.

Yup, that would be it!