PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 12, charged in baby's beating death

LiberalNation
01-07-2008, 12:40 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080107/ap_on_re_us/infant_killed;_ylt=AmiMmH.7cx4M2XUyxBwMOolvzwcF

LAUDERHILL, Fla. - A 12-year-old boy beat a toddler to death with a baseball bat because she was crying while he was trying to watch TV, authorities said.

The boy, who was not identified, was arrested Saturday on first-degree murder charges, Lauderhill police spokesman Lt. Mike Cochran said.

He was arraigned in juvenile court Sunday and remained in custody, but it was not clear if he had an attorney or if anyone else would be charged in the girl's death.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Absolutely fucking sickening!!!!!

Blame should also lay at the hands of the parents of the deceased and of the killer, as a 12 year old should not be unsupervised, let alone babysitting a 17 month old.

Trigg
01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Absolutely fucking sickening!!!!!

Blame should also lay at the hands of the parents of the deceased and of the killer, as a 12 year old should not be unsupervised, let alone babysitting a 17 month old.

A 12 year old is fully capable of being left home unsupervised, and many many girls this age are babysitting.

However, the parents should have know of this kids aggressive nature and never left a baby in his care.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Ask the parents of the murdered child if a 12 year old is "fully capable." NEVER! I would NEVER allow a 12 year old to supervise or babysit a toddler, nor would I leave a 12 year old unsupervised, I think it is irresponsible.

A 12 year old is fully capable of being left home unsupervised, and many many girls this age are babysitting.

However, the parents should have know of this kids aggressive nature and never left a baby in his care.

Trigg
01-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Ask the parents of the murdered child if a 12 year old is "fully capable." NEVER! I would NEVER allow a 12 year old to supervise or babysit a toddler, nor would I leave a 12 year old unsupervised, I think it is irresponsible.

It depends on the child. Obviously the 12yr olds parents should have know about his aggression. Some 12yr olds can't watch themselves. Others are very mature and do perfectly fine babysitting and staying home by themselves.

In Indiana the legal age to babysit is 11, which I think is to young. My daughter babysits at age 12 and is very good at watching her younger siblings.

I would not let my daugher watch a child that young only because she doesn't like to change diapers.