PDA

View Full Version : I've been finishing my book

emmett
01-07-2008, 12:43 AM
That's right folks! I wrote a book.

Some of you may have noticed, of course then you may have not.... that I haven't been around much over the past year. I was never a heavy poster however I do seem to be passionate about the things that interest me, however the reason I have been absent has been because I have written a book. It is entitled "The Take Back Man". The true story of the Repoman.

Guess what! A couple of you are in it!!!!!!! Yup! Right now we are putting some finishing touches on it, editing and designing covers and shit like that. I would think by the end of March or maybe April it will be ready for print. A couple of you have been in contact with me during this venture and I want to thank you for your input. Since I am not a writer it was difficult for me at times. When you have a good story it has to be told nonetheless.

This is not an advertising plug! I just wanted to let y'all know why I have not been posting lately. For those of you who do end up reading the book please bare in mind that the confidence I required to finally do this was enhanced by some of the folks on this and the old board. I've been working on it since Febuary of 2005. It was only this past five months that I really had the time to dedicate to wrapping it up. For those who did stay in touch with me during this endeavor I thank you so very much. You know who you are.

It is really difficult to tell your life story. I had no idea how difficult it would be. I certainly used to thnk that a wroter had it made. No physical labor, sit around just typing all the time. Man! I had no idea. Just the research took weeks. The stress is unthinkable. With every word comes a question of rather it will be readable, interesting or understood. I have learned a brand new appreciation for those who choose to write for a living. I certainly would never do that. It's the hardest work I have ever done beyond question.

For anyone who interested in reading it I will post when it is available so long as Jim allows me to do so.

manu1959
01-07-2008, 12:57 AM
well done!......

82Marine89
01-07-2008, 01:11 AM
:clap: Congratulations.

jackass
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Congrats and welcome back!

Mr. P
01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I'll meet ya in Cleveland or Helen for my autographed copy! :clap:

actsnoblemartin
01-07-2008, 04:23 PM
sounds awesome!

That's right folks! I wrote a book.

Some of you may have noticed, of course then you may have not.... that I haven't been around much over the past year. I was never a heavy poster however I do seem to be passionate about the things that interest me, however the reason I have been absent has been because I have written a book. It is entitled "The Take Back Man". The true story of the Repoman.

Guess what! A couple of you are in it!!!!!!! Yup! Right now we are putting some finishing touches on it, editing and designing covers and shit like that. I would think by the end of March or maybe April it will be ready for print. A couple of you have been in contact with me during this venture and I want to thank you for your input. Since I am not a writer it was difficult for me at times. When you have a good story it has to be told nonetheless.

This is not an advertising plug! I just wanted to let y'all know why I have not been posting lately. For those of you who do end up reading the book please bare in mind that the confidence I required to finally do this was enhanced by some of the folks on this and the old board. I've been working on it since Febuary of 2005. It was only this past five months that I really had the time to dedicate to wrapping it up. For those who did stay in touch with me during this endeavor I thank you so very much. You know who you are.

It is really difficult to tell your life story. I had no idea how difficult it would be. I certainly used to thnk that a wroter had it made. No physical labor, sit around just typing all the time. Man! I had no idea. Just the research took weeks. The stress is unthinkable. With every word comes a question of rather it will be readable, interesting or understood. I have learned a brand new appreciation for those who choose to write for a living. I certainly would never do that. It's the hardest work I have ever done beyond question.

For anyone who interested in reading it I will post when it is available so long as Jim allows me to do so.

truthmatters
02-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I cant wait to read it.

Great title by the way.

dan
02-21-2008, 02:10 PM
That is a very good title! Congrats, I didn't even know you were working on a book! Good luck with this, I'll definitely be checking it out once it's available.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vBrk3-k0sHI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vBrk3-k0sHI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
:D

02-21-2008, 03:02 PM
congrats. im still working on starting my books. ive started like 4 already. havent gotten past the first chapter. Everytime i do i get an idea for another book.

So whose in the book?

5stringJeff
02-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Keep us posted... I want one!

emmett
02-22-2008, 02:01 AM
congrats. im still working on starting my books. ive started like 4 already. havent gotten past the first chapter. Everytime i do i get an idea for another book.

So whose in the book?

Well, the book is about my profession mostly. The Repossession business. Not the melodramtic shit you see on the Discovery Channel but the real inside look at an industry that for decades noone knew hardly anythng about.

The book covers how I started out in a business as a second job so to speak to help support my kid. I was a single dad. I stayed in the business even though I many times wished I had not.

Eventually after being fired as the Manager of one of the largest companies of it's type in the industry, I started my own company on a bottle of change (1737.40) and handled millions over the following few years. At one time I had opened 6 offices all over the southeast. I think we had thirty employees or so. I was taken down by a frivolous lawsuit that involved three years of litigation and investigation.

It's not a bad story! I've juiced it up with repo stories, some insight into how we broke one of the largest leasing scams in history, came into contact with the Dixie Mafia and added some how to's for the industry such as investigative technique, skip tracing and general practices of our craft.

I absolutely cannot wait until I am able to hear some of the feedback from some of you good folks whom I have come to think so much of during the 3 1/2 years I was out on the road trucking as a result of losing everything I had. It was many a night the USMB and then DP that provided me the medium I required at the time. There are a few who have become so very special to me and you know who you are.

Trying to start over at 46 or so years of age is not easy. It tests your drive. I was thirty smething before I ever really had anything. Hell, I was thirty something before I ever really WANTED anything. My thing was raising my son, and an adopted son (Iactually raised two alone) I never really aspired to have alot of money or wealth. It just sort of happened after my kids were teenagers. They were two tough teens too. In the book I tell a story every single parent can relate to. One made me a grandpa before I was 39, he was 16, the great part is, he is still married, my grandchildren afre the best cared for children on earth and the story of how all that came about is incredible. I'm fascinated by it and hell, it's my story.

I appreciate the support that has come from so many of you. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You. I know most of you have sort of come to know mw as a joker on here with Newsflash, my constant badgering of Teddy and my distaste for politics as usual in these troubling times, I try to interject a little humor into it when in fact I don't know that much about politics. I know history, I love my country and it's people, I'm very patriotic, I believe you know? I've always been one for the underdog, hell, I am an underdog. I'm a product of that side of the tracks where a guy isn't suppose to succeed. I hope someone will read my story and realize that he/she can do it too, because they can. I handled ten million dollars with start up capitol of 1737. It's true and in my book I will tell exactly how I did it. Stealing cars. Dammit man!

Til Soon!

nevadamedic
02-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Well, the book is about my profession mostly. The Repossession business. Not the melodramtic shit you see on the Discovery Channel but the real inside look at an industry that for decades noone knew hardly anythng about.

The book covers how I started out in a business as a second job so to speak to help support my kid. I was a single dad. I stayed in the business even though I many times wished I had not.

Eventually after being fired as the Manager of one of the largest companies of it's type in the industry, I started my own company on a bottle of change (1737.40) and handled millions over the following few years. At one time I had opened 6 offices all over the southeast. I think we had thirty employees or so. I was taken down by a frivolous lawsuit that involved three years of litigation and investigation.

It's not a bad story! I've juiced it up with repo stories, some insight into how we broke one of the largest leasing scams in history, came into contact with the Dixie Mafia and added some how to's for the industry such as investigative technique, skip tracing and general practices of our craft.

I absolutely cannot wait until I am able to hear some of the feedback from some of you good folks whom I have come to think so much of during the 3 1/2 years I was out on the road trucking as a result of losing everything I had. It was many a night the USMB and then DP that provided me the medium I required at the time. There are a few who have become so very special to me and you know who you are.

Trying to start over at 46 or so years of age is not easy. It tests your drive. I was thirty smething before I ever really had anything. Hell, I was thirty something before I ever really WANTED anything. My thing was raising my son, and an adopted son (Iactually raised two alone) I never really aspired to have alot of money or wealth. It just sort of happened after my kids were teenagers. They were two tough teens too. In the book I tell a story every single parent can relate to. One made me a grandpa before I was 39, he was 16, the great part is, he is still married, my grandchildren afre the best cared for children on earth and the story of how all that came about is incredible. I'm fascinated by it and hell, it's my story.

I appreciate the support that has come from so many of you. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You. I know most of you have sort of come to know mw as a joker on here with Newsflash, my constant badgering of Teddy and my distaste for politics as usual in these troubling times, I try to interject a little humor into it when in fact I don't know that much about politics. I know history, I love my country and it's people, I'm very patriotic, I believe you know? I've always been one for the underdog, hell, I am an underdog. I'm a product of that side of the tracks where a guy isn't suppose to succeed. I hope someone will read my story and realize that he/she can do it too, because they can. I handled ten million dollars with start up capitol of 1737. It's true and in my book I will tell exactly how I did it. Stealing cars. Dammit man!

Til Soon!

I've always wanted to either do that or track down fugitives that have jumped bail..............

emmett
02-22-2008, 02:17 AM
I've always wanted to either do that or track down fugitives that have jumped bail..............

I did that too. It's not what Dog Chapman makes it look like I assure you. Most folks who get into the business get into it for the wrong reasons. It tends to draw the authoritarians. They don't last long. Trust me.

Kathianne
02-22-2008, 07:53 PM
I did that too. It's not what Dog Chapman makes it look like I assure you. Most folks who get into the business get into it for the wrong reasons. It tends to draw the authoritarians. They don't last long. Trust me.

Nailed that one right Emmett.

Yurt
02-22-2008, 09:53 PM
thats awesome.

i have thought of writing ... grisham did it... but like you i have no formal writing training or education, well, i guess a post grad degree, but not in english or the like.

is your book fiction? if so, how did you go through the channels to get a publisher, reviewer and the likes? i would honestly like to write, i wasn't kidding about grisham, fairly easy writing (ideas are the KEY ingredient though) and he has mass books. also dean koontz, who btw in some of the new editions of his books gives a great postword on how he became a writer.

Said1
02-23-2008, 03:11 PM
thats awesome.

i have thought of writing ... grisham did it... but like you i have no formal writing training or education, well, i guess a post grad degree, but not in english or the like.

That's what night school is for. :slap:

I thought writing a book about the pedophile priests/parole officer et al in Cornwall would be a good idea - Capote style.