PDA

View Full Version : Go Seahawks!

Immanuel
01-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Okay, a couple of weeks ago, dmp and I had a discussion about the Seahawks and the Super Bowl losers curse. I told him I didn't think the hawks could beat either the Pack or the Boys.

Well, next week the hawks get a try at the Pack. I still don't think that the hawks can beat the Pack or the Boys, but, that doesn't mean I am not routing for them.

My teams are out... I'm pulling for the hawks at least this week. I hope you were right dmp.

Immie

darin
01-07-2008, 11:08 AM
If you recall, it wasn't ME in the OP, it was a link to an article where a journalist laid out the case. I agreed with the author.

For the same reason MOST of the experts thought the Skins would win, I think seattle has a viable chance against the packers.

Seattle's offensive line did VERY well last game. I think just about EVERY pass until seattle's first pass TD, the skins blitzed.

4.3 yards per carry?

VERY VERY FAST Defense....

What scares me is for a large part of the game, seattle's offense stunk. They were 3-and-out several times. Our defense carried us. I hope they don't have to next week.

Holmgren knows exactly how Farve wants to beat him. Farve knows Holmgren knows.

Has the making of a GREAT game, IMO. :)

Immanuel
01-07-2008, 11:58 AM
If you recall, it wasn't ME in the OP, it was a link to an article where a journalist laid out the case. I agreed with the author.

For the same reason MOST of the experts thought the Skins would win, I think seattle has a viable chance against the packers.

Seattle's offensive line did VERY well last game. I think just about EVERY pass until seattle's first pass TD, the skins blitzed.

4.3 yards per carry?

VERY VERY FAST Defense....

What scares me is for a large part of the game, seattle's offense stunk. They were 3-and-out several times. Our defense carried us. I hope they don't have to next week.

Holmgren knows exactly how Farve wants to beat him. Farve knows Holmgren knows.

Has the making of a GREAT game, IMO. :)

Well, I hope you wipe that darned smile off of Favre's face very early in the game. :D If you don't... well, it will be a long day for Seahawks fans. BTW I expected a Seattle win last week. I just don't think they have what it takes to erase that smile :)

Immie

darin
01-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I just don't think they have what it takes

Very few people think seattle does. Most of the time. After 20-years of mediocrity, it's not surprising. :D

There are two different kinds of good teams. The Braves in Baseball were good in the 90s. The Yankees were good, too. The difference? Championships. Remember the bills from the 1980s? 4 consecutive SuperBowls, no wins. They were a GREAT team, but never completed the deed in that stretch. I hope seattle isn't 'that' kind of good.