PDA

View Full Version : Hey OCA... I Got Something For Ya To Read Bro...

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
TALK OF HILLARY EXIT ENGULFS CAMPAIGNS

Mon Jan 07 2008 09:46:28 ET

Facing a double-digit defeat in New Hampshire, a sudden collapse in national polls and an expected fund-raising drought, Senator Hillary Clinton is preparing for a tough decision: Does she get out of the race? And when?!

"She can't take multiple double-digit losses in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada," laments one top campaign insider to the DRUDGE REPORT. "If she gets too badly embarrassed, it will really harm her. She doesn't want the Clinton brand to be damaged with back-to-back-to-back defeats."

Meanwhile, Democrat hopeful John Edwards has confided to senior staff that he is staying in the race because Hillary "could soon be out."

"Her money is going to dry up," Edwards confided, a top source said Monday morning.

MORE

Key players in Clinton's inner circle are said to be split. James Carville is urging her to fight it out through at least February and Super Tuesday, where she has a shot at thwarting Barack Obama in a big state.

"She did not work this hard to get out after one state! All this talk is nonsense," said one top adviser.

But others close to the former first lady now see no possible road to victory, sources claim.

Developing...

[The dramatic reversal of fortunes has left the media establishment stunned and racing to keep up with fast-moving changes.

In its final poll before Iowa, CNN showed Clinton with a two-point lead over Obama. Editorial decisions were being made based on an understanding the Democratic primary race would be close, explained a network executive.]

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashhn.htm

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Good thing you didn't bet with me aye? :D

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
As enticing as this scenario is, one thing Hillary is not, is a quitter. I think she'd do anything to win.

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
As enticing as this scenario is, one thing Hillary is not, is a quitter. I think she'd do anything to win.

I predict it will come to pass. I truly don't believe she has a chance in hell. Again, all we can do is wait and see I guess.

(She's going down.)

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I predict it will come to pass. I truly don't believe she has a chance in hell. Again, all we can do is wait and see I guess.

(She's going down.)

How sweet would that be. Hollywood would go into mourning. :laugh2:

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 12:21 PM
How sweet would that be. Hollywood would go into mourning. :laugh2:

Yeah they'd be moving out of the country... wait... that was last elections promise wasn't it... :laugh:

hjmick
01-07-2008, 12:49 PM

Which is probably why they have increased Obama's security. ;)

nevadamedic
01-07-2008, 12:52 PM

I wouldn't count hillary out until she officially drops out of the race.

I see a problem for Obama though, he has publically embarassed a Clinton so I see a suicide by sniper rifle in his near future, since that is what seems be what happens when you cross a Clinton.

nevadamedic
01-07-2008, 12:54 PM

(She's going down.)

Ummm Pale, I hate to break it to ya but Hillary wont go down, that why Bill cheated on her, remember? :laugh2:

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Ummm Pale, I hate to break it to ya but Hillary wont go down, that why Bill cheated on her, remember?

That's why bubba wants her to win so badly... he's salivating over the thought of that fresh new crop of interns... :laugh:

01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't count hillary out until she oficially drop out of the race.

I see a problem for Obama though, he has publically embarassed a Clinton so I see a suicide by sniper rifle in his near future, since that is what seems be what happens when you cross a Clinton.

Yeah, maybe so. But Hillary broke down into tears this morning. No lie here. That is not going to win her votes for her.

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Which is probably why they have increased Obama's security. ;)

Obama gets beefed-up protection
By Joseph Curl
January 7, 2008
MANCHESTER, N.H. — Secret Service presence has increased for Sen. Barack Obama since his dramatic win in Iowa, amid fears over the safety of the man seeking to become America's first black president.

The Illinois senator's security now rivals that of President Bush, with a dozen Secret Service agents wearing dark suits and earpieces leading bomb-sniffing dogs through event venues, sweeping all equipment brought by journalists and flanking the candidate as he plunges into crowds of supporters.

"For many black supporters, there is a lot of anxiety that he will be killed, and it is on people's minds," said Melissa Harris-Lacewell, a Princeton University professor of political science and contemporary black culture.

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080107/NATION/415598644/1001

Trigg
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Obama gets beefed-up protection
By Joseph Curl
January 7, 2008
MANCHESTER, N.H. — Secret Service presence has increased for Sen. Barack Obama since his dramatic win in Iowa, amid fears over the safety of the man seeking to become America's first black president.

The Illinois senator's security now rivals that of President Bush, with a dozen Secret Service agents wearing dark suits and earpieces leading bomb-sniffing dogs through event venues, sweeping all equipment brought by journalists and flanking the candidate as he plunges into crowds of supporters.

"For many black supporters, there is a lot of anxiety that he will be killed, and it is on people's minds," said Melissa Harris-Lacewell, a Princeton University professor of political science and contemporary black culture.

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080107/NATION/415598644/1001

My only question here is are WE paying for this beefed up security and if we are why???????

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
My only question here is are WE paying for this beefed up security and if we are why???????

Of course.

Trigg
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Of course.

I've not heard of any threats against him or his family.

IMO until he is president or VP the American public should not be picking up his security costs.

82Marine89
01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
(She's going down.)

Thanks for a visual I didn't need to have. You traumatized me.

Kathianne
01-07-2008, 05:53 PM

IMO until he is president or VP the American public should not be picking up his security costs.

He's had secret service protection since last May:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18474444/

Obama placed under Secret Service protection
'Not aware it was based on any threat,' agency spokesman says

MSNBC video
Obama gets Secret Service protection
May 4: Barack Obama was placed under Secret Service protection, the earliest ever for a presidential candidate. NBC's Pete Williams reports.

MSNBC

Video: In his own words
Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., speaks to the primary themes of his presidential campaign.

Cartoons: Obama
MSNBC.com's editorial cartoonists weigh in on Obama's candidacy.
US Senator Obama stands before addressng concerns of former employees and family members of two Illinois nuclear weapons in Naperville
Reuters

Slide show: A call to serve
Sen. Barack Obama answers the call to public service.

Interactive

Rate Barack Obama's positions
Visit msnbc.com's Candidates + Issues Matrix to rate Obama's ideas about the key issues.

Reservation for 400 under Huckabee
Bill to Paul supporters: 'You’re nuts'
Edwards attends star-studded house party
NBC News and news services
updated 8:11 p.m. CT, Thurs., May. 3, 2007

WASHINGTON - The Secret Service said Thursday that Sen. Barack Obama was being placed under their protection, the earliest ever for a presidential candidate.

Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren said Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff authorized Obama’s protection after consultations with the congressional advisory committee.

Officials said Obama had requested the protection. Such requests are then sent to the congressional panel for approval or rejection....

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 12:24 AM

Yup, weve already talked about this. Obama demanded Secret Service protection twords the beginning of the campaign and got it thanks to Senate majority Leader Harry Reid. He said he needed it because he is black and a target. So he and his family have a complete detail which means advance teams, seperate teams for himself and his family, perminant agents at his residences and offices, armored vehicles and much more. It is all on the tax payers dime. Now don't get me wrong, I think all candidates should have this available to them but they should have to pay for it out of their campaign fund or out of their pocket as the tax payers shouldn't have to pay for it just because he decides to run for President.

manu1959
01-08-2008, 12:42 AM
as dick morris said tonight.....the clintons will play the "america will never elect a black man" card shortly.......

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 12:47 AM

There was actually something posted on a White Power web site, but it wasn't a direct threat or really even a suggestion more like a rant and was blown way out of context.

Pale, I don't think Hillary will get any female interns, I think she will get just males that way there is no temptation for either her or Bill to play around. :laugh2:

red states rule
01-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Just heard on the radio the lines are long at voting places in NH, and the polls are showing Obama surging

Now even some Hillary people are telling her to drop out if she loese bu a wide margin tonight

Clinton Braces for Second Loss;
Union, Senators May Back Obama
By JACKIE CALMES
January 8, 2008; Page A1

NASHUA, N.H. -- With Barack Obama strongly favored -- even within Hillary Clinton's camp -- to win a second straight victory in today's New Hampshire Democratic primary, both rivals are looking to the next battle grounds. But his momentum threatens to swamp her in the next two states as well and shows signs of fracturing her support in the party establishment.

Already some Clinton associates have begun lobbying for her early exit if she loses the primary by a big margin, as polls suggest she could. Several Senate colleagues who have sat on the fence are now in talks with Obama advisers about endorsing the freshman Illinois senator over his more experienced colleague.

Despite raising more than $100 million, Sen. Clinton also faces financial worries as contributions have begun to slacken. But she vows to fight on: Her campaign will pivot to focus more heavily on "Super Tuesday" Feb. 5, when 21 states vote. "We are going all the way to the convention," Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson said.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119976546847474153.html?mod=hpp_us_inside_today