PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember?

01-07-2008, 01:08 PM
That Alan Keyes is running? I always forget till someone reminds me.

Trigg
01-07-2008, 02:10 PM

I didn't know he was running.

He's the one who is always calling for reparations to blacks for slavery.

PostmodernProphet
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I didn't know he was running.

He's the one who is always calling for reparations to blacks for slavery.

yeah, I'm on his email list......so I get regular reminders......however, I don't recall him EVER asking for reparations.....in fact, it sounds like the exact opposite of what I would expect.....do you have a link?.......

typomaniac
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Alan Keys. The Anti-Kucinich. :lmao:

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 01:06 AM

I always remember, I just don't know who in the hell he is. I don't know why he is even running, isn't he a Republican? Why isn't he in all of the debates etc.

Gaffer
01-08-2008, 01:21 AM
keyes runs in every presidential election. I think he gets special discounts from the hotels he stays in, plus he gets to collect that federal election money. I think that's where sharpton got the idea last election. But he's not as smart and is getting investigated for fraud. sharpton is also the one pushing for reparations.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 01:32 AM
keyes runs in every presidential election. I think he gets special discounts from the hotels he stays in, plus he gets to collect that federal election money. I think that's where sharpton got the idea last election. But he's not as smart and is getting investigated for fraud. sharpton is also the one pushing for reparations.

Hmmmm are you sure he's not a Democrat?

82Marine89
01-08-2008, 02:08 AM
I always remember, I just don't know who in the hell he is. I don't know why he is even running, isn't he a Republican? Why isn't he in all of the debates etc.

You always remember, but you don't know who he is? Isn't he a Republican? Aren't you a political activist or is that a new name for bloggers?

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 02:14 AM
You always remember, but you don't know who he is? Isn't he a Republican? Aren't you a political activist or is that a new name for bloggers?

Yup, I am good at remembering names but thats about it, he's nver done anything major I dont think.

Trigg
01-08-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah, I'm on his email list......so I get regular reminders......however, I don't recall him EVER asking for reparations.....in fact, it sounds like the exact opposite of what I would expect.....do you have a link?.......

http://www.alankeyes.com/qa.php

The hypothetical solution Alan offered his questioner was this:

To right a historical injustice or imbalance in the marketplace that tends to give blacks certain disadvantages, Alan suggested allowing descendants of slaves an income tax break for a limited period of time — by which they might have the means to invest capital, create new businesses, and otherwise escape the destructive dependency on government welfare that Lyndon Johnson's Great Society had created within black culture during the 1960's, and which continues undiminished today.

I was mistaken some what, not monitary reparations, but an income tax break.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 02:49 PM

I thought they were trying to reward them with some kind of restitution as well...............

I bet Hugh is voting for Dr. Keyes. :laugh2:

JimmyAteWorld
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
The only time I've seen him anywhere is in that joke of a debate in Iowa. I found it funny that they threw him in with the Republicans but left Kucinich and Gravel (or whatever his name is) out of the Democrat's debate.

PostmodernProphet
01-08-2008, 07:31 PM

Trigg, either you were mistaken a whole lot and still are, or you are trying to pull a fast one on us....you quote from a page which begins.....

"Alan does not support "reparations" — which he calls "an effort to extort monetary damages from the American people.""

he discusses a hypothetical in which there was a tax credit but states....

"He does feel, however, that if his hypothetical solution were ever implemented (something he does not anticipate), it would bring about a swift and decisive end to the federal income tax for all Americans, since once the American people saw the economic energy that suspension of the income tax unleashed for Black Americans, they would clamor for abolition of the federal income tax and implementation of the Fair Tax proposal Alan has long advocated to replace it. This would free Americans from the liberty-destroying shackles that make us all wage-slaves of the federal government."......

PostmodernProphet
01-08-2008, 07:34 PM
I found it funny that they threw him in with the Republicans

why, you won't find a more articulate conservative in this country.....if you want a true Reagen conservative you should look at Keyes.....unfortunately, he has already lost to Obama once, for the Illinois senate seat......

Trigg
01-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Trigg, either you were mistaken a whole lot and still are, or you are trying to pull a fast one on us....you quote from a page which begins.....

"Alan does not support "reparations" — which he calls "an effort to extort monetary damages from the American people.""

he discusses a hypothetical in which there was a tax credit but states....

"He does feel, however, that if his hypothetical solution were ever implemented (something he does not anticipate), it would bring about a swift and decisive end to the federal income tax for all Americans, since once the American people saw the economic energy that suspension of the income tax unleashed for Black Americans, they would clamor for abolition of the federal income tax and implementation of the Fair Tax proposal Alan has long advocated to replace it. This would free Americans from the liberty-destroying shackles that make us all wage-slaves of the federal government."......

You posted the exact same quote I did, how is that misleading??

Abbey Marie
01-09-2008, 03:15 PM
I remember that right before the election damaging information came out about Obama's opponent for the Senate, Jack Ryan. And when Ryan quit the race, Obama was a practically shoo-in because he faced a last minute and widely disliked candidate- Alan Keyes. How convenient that the media sued to have those custody records released at such a key juncture for Obama. Let's just say I don't think Mr. Hope is above playing very dirty politics.

As below:

[Obama's] opponent in the general election was expected to be Republican primary winner Jack Ryan. However, Ryan withdrew from the race in June 2004, following public disclosure of child custody divorce records containing sexual allegations by Ryan's ex-wife, actress Jeri Ryan.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

And:

The four-year-old allegations about Ryan were contained in court papers unsealed this week. In them, Jeri Ryan states her ex-husband took her to sex clubs and asked her to engage in sexual activity in front of other patrons. Chicago media outlets had sued for the release of the court documents.

Ryan denied the allegations, which were contained in court papers filed in a visitation dispute over the couple's son. Monday, he called the account "ridiculous" and insisted then that he had no plans to drop out.

Rumors about allegations in the divorce documents swirled during the state's Republican primary, but Ryan steadfastly refused to release the records.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/25/il.ryan/

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 03:35 PM
I remember that right before the election damaging information came out about Obama's opponent for the Senate, Jack Ryan. And when Ryan quit the race, Obama was a practically shoo-in because he faced a last minute and widely disliked candidate- Alan Keyes. How convenient that the media sued to have those custody records released at such a key juncture for Obama. Let's just say I don't think Mr. Hope is above playing very dirty politics.

As below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

And:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/25/il.ryan/

Obama Bin Laden knows he can never win on the issues alone so he has to play dirty.

JimmyAteWorld
01-09-2008, 04:35 PM
why, you won't find a more articulate conservative in this country.....if you want a true Reagen conservative you should look at Keyes.....unfortunately, he has already lost to Obama once, for the Illinois senate seat......

I found it funny they put him in because Keyes was barely a blip on the radar screen, yet they left Kucinich and Gravel out of the Democrats debate.

There's apparently a fine line between articulate and ranting.

Duncan Hunter fills the bill as a Reagan conservative. Unfortunately he doesn't have the backing or the noteriety.