PDA

View Full Version : ABC News: Hillary cries during campaign stop (?? bizarre if true....)

Little-Acorn
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
ABC news is reporting that Hillary got tears in her eyes during a campaign stop in New Hapshire. If true, that's very bizarre. I can't imagine her handlers letting her do this. She wants to be President of the United States. If she loses control when a few Americans in her own party say things about her that she can't answer, how is she going to react when dealing with Vladimir Putin, Hugo Chavez, Mahmoud Ahmadinejihad, etc., as well as domestic opponents ranging from Steny Hoyer to George Will to Ann Coulter?

Crying is the KISS OF DEATH to a politician. An unmistakable sign that he/she can't handle the pressure. And the pressure has barely started. Hillary ain't seen pressure yet - she still has never been held to answer the hardball questions most politicians get. Yet.

And in Hillary's case, it's rather a surprise. As far as I know, she didn't cry the numerous times Bill fooled around on her and got caught. She didn't cry when he lost the governorship of Arkansas. She didn't cry when she was subpoenaed to testify to Congress about the Rose Law Firm etc. She didn't cry when her 1993 Health Care Nationalization Plan crashed and burned.

Now she cries because simply campaigning for President is "hard"???

Why do I not find this completely believable?

Is Hillary carefully trying to show how soft and vulnerable she is, and not the shrill, demagogic maven we have seen for the last sixteen years? Well, if she took a razor and slashed her own throat on National TV, we would see that she bleeds just like anybody else, too... and she may have done exactly that with this stunt. The side effects may turn out to be much worse than she planned.

------------------------------

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/clinton-gets-em.html

Clinton Gets Emotional on Campaign Trail

January 07, 2008 12:34 PM

ABC News' Kate Snow Reports: Campaigning in New Hampshire one day before the first-in-the-nation primary, Senator Hillary Clinton got emotional and had tears in her eyes as she spoke with voters about how hard it is to balance a busy campaign life and her passion for the country's future.

The Senator from New York was sitting at a big table in Cafe Espresso in Portsmouth, New Hampshire with 16 undecided voters, mostly women, warmly and calmly taking questions.

Then she took an unexpected question from a woman standing in the back.

"My question is very personal, how do you do it?" asked Marianne Pernold Young, a freelance photographer from Portsmouth, New Hampshire. She mentioned Clinton's hair and appearance always looking perfectly coifed. "How do you, how do you keep upbeat and so wonderful?"

Clinton began responding, jokingly. First talking about her hair: "You know, I think, well luckily, on special days I do have help. If you see me every day and if you look on some of the websites and listen to some of the commentators they always find me on the day I didn't have help. It's not easy."

But then, Clinton began getting emotional: "It's not easy, and I couldn't do it if I didn't passionately believe it was the right thing to do. You know, I have so many opportunities from this country just don't want to see us fall backwards," she said.

Her voice breaking and tears in her eyes, she said, "You know, this is very personal for me. It's not just political it's not just public. I see what's happening, and we have to reverse it."

Watch the video HERE ( http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4097366 ).

"Some people think elections are a game, lot's of who's up or who's down, [but] it's about our country , it's about our kids' futures, and it's really about all of us together," she said.

"You know, some of us put ourselves out there and do this against some pretty difficult odds, and we do it, each one of us because we care about our country but some of us are right and some of us are wrong, some of us are ready and some of us are not, some of us know what we will do on day one and some of us haven't thought that through enough," she said in a veiled reference to her Democratic rival Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.

Trigg
01-07-2008, 02:57 PM
As much as I can't stand the woman this is the first time I have ever seen her look human. She wasn't saying the political double-speak, I think it was an honest reaction. Actually nice to see from someone who comes across as so hard-nosed and unfeeling.

Still won't vote her her though, she's against everything I agree with.

stephanie
01-07-2008, 03:00 PM
What a GREAT performance....GAG ME..

:dance:

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 03:43 PM
What a GREAT performance....GAG ME..

:dance:

I'm with you Stephanie. And I didn't see any tears, either.

stephanie
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm with you Stephanie. And I didn't see any tears, either.

Just what I want..my CIC crying when the going gets tough..

This was as staged and oh so predictable..

What a fricken phony and shallow person this woman is...it's like she just figured she was OWED the Presidency and when people didn't just fall all over her........bring out the tears...

I have to admit..I am rather enjoying seeing her fall on her plastic face..:cheers2:

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah... right... where were the tears?

What a crock of shit.

Little-Acorn
01-07-2008, 04:14 PM
"There's no crying in baseball!" - from the esteemed authority on the subject Tom Hanks. Or from his scriptwriter, to be exact.

Is there crying in political campaigning? Haven't seen any in quite a while, from anyone running for high office. Last time I recall seeing this, was when Edmund Muskie did it after someone made a verbal attack on his wife as he was running for President in the 1970s.

And Muskie was basically condemned for not being able to take the heat, unfair or not, and soon dropped out of the race.

Will Hillary?

musicman
01-07-2008, 04:20 PM
As much as I can't stand the woman this is the first time I have ever seen her look human. She wasn't saying the political double-speak, I think it was an honest reaction. Actually nice to see from someone who comes across as so hard-nosed and unfeeling.

Have to respectfully disagree with you, Trigg. You know what this bitch is. This performance was scripted, right down to the last stammer - the relentlessly rehearsed, exquisitely timed quaver of the voice. The only hard, immutable truth in this woman's world is political expediency; she is a perfect monster. Notice how - in the midst of her burst of "honest human emotion" - she managed to deliver surgical strikes against Obama's lack of experience, and the "hostile" media? Believe her not. You can tell when Hillary Clinton is lying - her lips are moving.

Dilloduck
01-07-2008, 04:20 PM
"There's no crying in baseball!" - from the esteemed authority on the subject Tom Hanks. Or from his scriptwriter, to be exact.

Is there crying in political campaigning? Haven't seen any in quite a while, from anyone running for high office. Last time I recall seeing this, was when Edmund Muskie did it after someone made a verbal attack on his wife (or his mother, don't remember which) as he was running for VP in the 1970s.

And Muskie was basically condemned for not being able to take the heat, unfair or not, and soon left the ticket.

Will Hillary?

Y'all need to quit picking on a woman--especially a CRYING woman. She's a mother and a wife. You heartless bastards !!!!!

DrJohn
01-07-2008, 04:34 PM
They ought to show that video to the terrorists....
now THAT would be torture!

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Have to respectfully disagree with you, Trigg. You know what this bitch is. This performance was scripted, right down to the last stammer - the relentlessly rehearsed, exquisitely timed quaver of the voice. The only hard, immutable truth in this woman's world is political expediency; she is a perfect monster. Notice how - in the midst of her burst of "honest human emotion" - she managed to deliver surgical strikes against Obama's lack of experience, and the "hostile" media? Believe her not. You can tell when Hillary Clinton is lying - her lips are moving.

So true, about the Obama criticisms in the midst of being so upset...

stephanie
01-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Running for President is obviously too hard for this poor woman..

I think she should drop out...... go home and bake a batch of cookies..:cheers2:

theHawk
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
The media is just being hard on her for a while....to make her sweat. She'll still make a comeback to win the nomination and be crowned the comeback Queen.

typomaniac
01-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Running for President is obviously too hard for this poor woman..

I think she should drop out...... go home and bake a batch of cookies..:cheers2:

The Internet is no place for a woman, either. :lol:

Little-Acorn
01-07-2008, 05:12 PM
The media is just being hard on her for a while....to make her sweat. She'll still make a comeback to win the nomination and be crowned the comeback Queen.

Huh?

How is the media being any harder on her, than on the rest of the candidates? She's been trying to pretend she's "for change", and Obama has said he'll do more changing than she will. I still haven't seen anyone ask her why she thinks nationalizing the entire health care system would be good for the country, or why she thinks various corporations deserve the punishment she intends to hand out, etc. They haven't even asked her whose philandering is worse, Rudy Giuliani's or her husband's.

She says "It's hard" campaigning for President. As I said earlier, she hasn't seen hard yet. But it's coming. And she's crying already?

stephanie
01-07-2008, 05:37 PM
The Internet is no place for a woman, either. :lol:

:cow:

typomaniac
01-07-2008, 06:17 PM
:cow:

I stand corrected: the only women who belong on the Internet are naked ones with perfect bodies. :boobies:

Kathianne
01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I stand corrected: the only women who belong on the Internet are naked ones with perfect bodies. :boobies:

That's all of us! :cool:

stephanie
01-07-2008, 06:30 PM

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/280nwib.gif

82Marine89
01-07-2008, 06:32 PM
That's all of us! :cool:

And y'all look like Miss America at closing time. :cheers2:

Kathianne
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
And y'all look like Miss America at closing time. :cheers2:

Nah, anytime. :laugh2:

glockmail
01-07-2008, 06:37 PM
ABC news is reporting that Hillary got tears in her eyes during a campaign stop in New Hapshire. ..... She's realizing that here goal of political power ain't gonna happen, so she does what any immature girl would do: cry.

manu1959
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
She's realizing that here goal of political power ain't gonna happen, so she does what any immature girl would do: cry.

i can just see it now......state of the union adress and she gets a hot flash and bursts into tears.....

hell i may vote for her twice just so i can see it.....

actsnoblemartin
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
women are qualified to run a country, but crying...

there's no crying in baseball :laugh2:

i can just see it know......state of the union adress and she gets a hot flash and bursts into tears.....

hell i may vote for her twice just so i can see it.....

typomaniac
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
On a serious note, there's ONE excuse for tearing up during a speech, which works even if you're a man:

If you're remembering someone you personally knew who is now dead. The more recently they died, and the closer they were to you, the better.

Yurt
01-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I think billy boy is enjoying himself immensly.... ya know hillary, i told you it was hard... no not that, its only you in the room, anyway, ... not as easy as you thought....here's sandpaper tissue...

Immanuel
01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
What tears?

Was that another staged question? Staged for the sympathy votes it would bring.

I don't have a problem with a candidate getting choked up during the campaign whether male or female, but she wasn't crying and I don't believe she was really all that "choked up". Personally, I feel that if a candidate does honestly get choked up, it shows they are only human... which leaves her out. :D J/K. But really, I didn't buy her act. But, it seems the media wants to.

Then she took an unexpected question from a woman standing in the back.

"My question is very personal, how do you do it?" asked Marianne Pernold Young, a freelance photographer from Portsmouth, New Hampshire. She mentioned Clinton's hair and appearance always looking perfectly coifed. "How do you, how do you keep upbeat and so wonderful?"

Unexpected? Yeah, about as unexpected as Al Gore's insistence that if we don't stop polluting, the earth will burn up in our lifetime.

Immie

Dilloduck
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Huh?

How is the media being any harder on her, than on the rest of the candidates? She's been trying to pretend she's "for change", and Obama has said he'll do more changing than she will. I still haven't seen anyone ask her why she thinks nationalizing the entire health care system would be good for the country, or why she thinks various corporations deserve the punishment she intends to hand out, etc. They haven't even asked her whose philandering is worse, Rudy Giuliani's or her husband's.

She says "It's hard" campaigning for President. As I said earlier, she hasn't seen hard yet. But it's coming. And she's crying already?

You callous bastard---you just don't UNDERSTAND women !!! :laugh2:

No worries--I don't either

happyfeet
01-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Whichever way the cookie crumbles Hillary or Obama will be your next president. How does a Hillary/Obama ticket sound? Or an Obama/Hillary ticket?

red states rule
01-08-2008, 04:35 AM
Whichever way the cookie crumbles Hillary or Obama will be your next president. How does a Hillary/Obama ticket sound? Or an Obama/Hillary ticket?

Like a ticket that will ensure a Republican win in November

Bring it on!

happyfeet
01-08-2008, 04:39 AM
Like a ticket that will ensure a Republican win in November

Bring it on!

I disagree. George Bush has burned the Republican party for the next election at least. What is going to be fascinating is 2012. By then there would have been a four year Democrat president and possibly a Democrat house (depending on 2010 midterms). What the Democrats have done to the economy and solutions with regard to Iraq, will certainly make 2012 interesting.

stephanie
01-08-2008, 04:40 AM

Sounds wonderful...two schmucks with no experience to run the military watchdog and the most economic Country that the world relies on...Yippee...:dance:

red states rule
01-08-2008, 04:42 AM
I disagree. George Bush has burned the Republican party for the next election at least. What is going to be fascinating is 2012. By then there would have been a four year Democrat president and possibly a Democrat house (depending on 2010 midterms). What the Democrats have done to the economy and solutions with regard to Iraq, will certainly be interesting.

What do Dems want to do? They want to raise taxes, surrender in Iraq, have government run health care, liberal Judges who make up laws from the bench, more government regulation over private business, and open borders and amnesty for illegals

Not a winning platform in November

Dems are doing exactly what Republicnas did - and they lost in 06.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Sounds wonderful...two schmucks with no experience to run the military watchdog and economic Countries that the world relies on...Yippee...:dance:

We would be better off with Moe, Larry, and Curley running things then Hilary and Obama

stephanie
01-08-2008, 04:51 AM
We would be better off with Moe, Larry, and Curley running things then Hilary and Obama

Come on....at least they are first term Senators...Hell they got more experience than ANY GOVERNAOR OF A STATE...And don't forget..........she's a WOMAN and he is half BLACK...

Sheesh...have some faith...I am...:dance:

red states rule
01-08-2008, 04:56 AM
Come on....at least they are first term Senators...Hell they got more experience than ANY GOVERNAOR OF A STATE...And don't forget..........she's a WOMAN and he is half BLACK...

Sheesh...have some faith...I am...:dance:

I have faith as well - that the Amercan people will not fall for the liberal BS they are trying to sell :laugh2:

stephanie
01-08-2008, 05:20 AM
I just thought of this..

According to some Democrats in some states...Obama is actually an OREO COOKIE

He is half white and half black..........Break out the Oreo cookies to throw at him..

Just ask Michael Steel, Condi Rice, Justice Thomas..

As one black pundit said...Bill Clinton is more black than Bambam, and Bill Clinton probably dated mo black women than Bambam..:cheers2:

red states rule
01-08-2008, 05:34 AM
I just thought of this..

According to some Democrats in some states...Obama is actually an OREO COOKIE

He is half white and half black..........Break out the Oreo cookies to throw at him..

Just ask Michael Steel, Condi Rice, Justice Thomas..

As one black pundit said...Bill Clinton is more black than Bambam, and Bill Clinton probably dated mo black women than Bambam..:cheers2:

Should Obama get the nod, you know damn well the liberal media will play the race card.

If you do not vote for Obama you are a - gasp - a racist. I remember well watching Chris Matthews bellow how the racists in TN did not vote for Harold Ford and that is why he lost

Chris did not say the same thing about Michael Steele in MD

And lets not forget this gem from the LA Times

Obama the 'Magic Negro'
template_bas
template_bas
The Illinois senator lends himself to white America's idealized, less-than-real black man.
By David Ehrenstein, L.A.-based DAVID EHRENSTEIN writes about Hollywood and politics.
March 19, 2007
AS EVERY CARBON-BASED life form on this planet surely knows, Barack Obama, the junior Democratic senator from Illinois, is running for president. Since making his announcement, there has been no end of commentary about him in all quarters — musing over his charisma and the prospect he offers of being the first African American to be elected to the White House.

But it's clear that Obama also is running for an equally important unelected office, in the province of the popular imagination — the "Magic Negro."

The Magic Negro is a figure of postmodern folk culture, coined by snarky 20th century sociologists, to explain a cultural figure who emerged in the wake of Brown vs. Board of Education. "He has no past, he simply appears one day to help the white protagonist," reads the description on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro .

He's there to assuage white "guilt" (i.e., the minimal discomfort they feel) over the role of slavery and racial segregation in American history, while replacing stereotypes of a dangerous, highly sexualized black man with a benign figure for whom interracial sexual congress holds no interest.

As might be expected, this figure is chiefly cinematic — embodied by such noted performers as Sidney Poitier, Morgan Freeman, Scatman Crothers, Michael Clarke Duncan, Will Smith and, most recently, Don Cheadle. And that's not to mention a certain basketball player whose very nickname is "Magic."

Poitier really poured on the "magic" in "Lilies of the Field" (for which he won a best actor Oscar) and "To Sir, With Love" (which, along with "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," made him a No. 1 box-office attraction). In these films, Poitier triumphs through yeoman service to his white benefactors. "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" is particularly striking in this regard, as it posits miscegenation without evoking sex. (Talk about magic!)

The same can't quite be said of Freeman in "Driving Miss Daisy," "Seven" and the seemingly endless series of films in which he plays ersatz paterfamilias to a white woman bedeviled by a serial killer. But at least he survives, unlike Crothers in "The Shining," in which psychic premonitions inspire him to rescue a white family he barely knows and get killed for his trouble. This heart-tug trope is parodied in Gus Van Sant's "Elephant." The film's sole black student at a Columbine-like high school arrives in the midst of a slaughter, helps a girl escape and is immediately gunned down. See what helping the white man gets you?

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,5335087.story?coll=la-home-center

stephanie
01-08-2008, 06:20 AM
JUST HOW CONVIENENT...that they always leave out...the Obambam was born with a WHITE mother and a BLACK father...???

But......don't you all forget...Obambam is Black...hell how can we forget it, that's what the media keeps telling us..

Oh...and in case if you haven't noticed....the Shrill is a woman and RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.....

Margret Thatcher has the Shrill beat in that category........by a long shot...You would never see the iron lady cry, if she was behind a few points in a stupid poll:...the Shrill will never be a Margaret Thatcher...and Bambam will never be a JFK or a MLK........sorry

But...yuk yuk....I will votes fors thems boths...the Srhill, and the black empty suit........justa becausa...

red states rule
01-08-2008, 06:25 AM
JUST HOW CONVIENENT...that they always leave out...the Obambam was born with a WHITE mother and a BLACK father...???

But......don't you all forget...Obambam is Black...hell how can we forget it, that's what the media keeps telling us..

Oh...and in case if you haven't noticed....the Shrill is a woman and RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.....

Margret Thatcher has the Shrill beat in that category........by a long shot...You would never see the iron lady cry, if she was behind a few points in a stupid poll:...the Shrill will never be a Margaret Thatcher...and Bambam will never be a JFK or a MLK........sorry

Dems are trying to advance their plan to wussify America.

Thank God it is not working

PostmodernProphet
01-08-2008, 06:29 AM

you need to have been somewhere, before you can make a comeback......

PostmodernProphet
01-08-2008, 06:32 AM
I disagree. George Bush has burned the Republican party for the next election at least. What is going to be fascinating is 2012. By then there would have been a four year Democrat president and possibly a Democrat house (depending on 2010 midterms). What the Democrats have done to the economy and solutions with regard to Iraq, will certainly make 2012 interesting.

assuming we survive it, of course.....

red states rule
01-08-2008, 06:32 AM
you need to have been somewhere, before you can make a comeback......

and actually accomplish a few things

glockmail
01-08-2008, 06:55 AM
On a serious note, there's ONE excuse for tearing up during a speech, which works even if you're a man:

If you're remembering someone you personally knew who is now dead. The more recently they died, and the closer they were to you, the better.

Her campaign is dead, so she's got an excuse.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Her campaign is dead, so she's got an excuse.

Sure she does

1) the sexist voters of America

2) the stupid voters who do not understand the complex issues and that she is the only one who can save America

3) the right wing attack machine that smeared her and fooled the voters into voting for Obama

Did I miss anyhting?

Immanuel
01-08-2008, 08:01 AM

We'd be better of with Moe, Larry and Curley running the government than any politician out there. So what's your point? ;)

Immie

red states rule
01-08-2008, 08:03 AM
We'd be better of with Moe, Larry and Curley running the government than any politician out there. So what's your point? ;)

Immie

Big tax and spend libs like Hillary and Obama would be MUCH worse. Not only that, the illegals and terrorists would be very happy with them as President

That is the point

Immanuel
01-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Big tax and spend libs like Hillary and Obama would be MUCH worse. Not only that, the illegals and terrorists would be very happy with them as President

That is the point

Maybe, but I don't see a lot of difference between any of the candidates regardless of party. We're screwed! Period!!

Immie

JohnDoe
01-08-2008, 08:17 AM
me thinks the men on this site protests too much....

Where were you all when the Mittster was crying?

Candidate has another teary moment

Says he's not ashamed of having emotions

Mitt Romney's first noteworthy misty-eyed moment of the campaign came at the end of his nationally televised speech on faith and politics earlier this month in Texas. "God bless this great land, God bless the United States of America," he declared.

After his eyes filled with tears for the third time in as many weeks on the presidential campaign trail, Mitt Romney explained that, no, he is not immune to sadness and grief.

"I'm a normal person. I have emotions," Romney told reporters in New Hampshire. "I'm not ashamed of that at all."

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar..._teary_moment/

red states rule
01-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Maybe, but I don't see a lot of difference between any of the candidates regardless of party. We're screwed! Period!!

Immie

Oh really?

Dems want to raise taxes - Republicans do not

Dems want government run health care - Republicans do not

Dems want to surrender in Iraq - Republicans do not

Dems want to open the borders to illegals - some Republicnas do not

Dems want to increase government regualtion on the private sector - Republicans do not

Need more?

glockmail
01-08-2008, 08:26 AM

Where were you all when the Mittster was crying? "page not found"

red states rule
01-08-2008, 08:27 AM

But JD, this is the smartest women in the world.

She has played the women card, and whined how the "guys are ganging up on her"

While libs will try to have it both ways - they can't.

And the voters are not buying it

JohnDoe
01-08-2008, 08:39 AM
But JD, this is the smartest women in the world.

She has played the women card, and whined how the "guys are ganging up on her"

While libs will try to have it both ways - they can't.

And the voters are not buying it

Good Morning Rsr :)

Thought you'd like my post! hahahaha!

My only point is the ones that think it was a "girl thing" or sign of weakness for her to tear or the ones that believe it was manufactured, need to express that same sentiment about Mitt Romney who has cried or welled up several times or President Bush for that matter, who has welled up and teared many times in public speaking to us.

I don't know if the Hill was faking it or not.... it did not seem that she was to me but anything is possible and I am not beyond being able to be fooled...

I just wondered why there is not such commotion with Mitt Romney or President Bush when they cry in public, or questioning on whether they are toooooo weak and emotional to be president or whether they were FAKING IT for political gain when they did it....the weaping in public?

jd

Immanuel
01-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Oh really?

Dems want to raise taxes - Republicans do not

Dems want government run health care - Republicans do not

Dems want to surrender in Iraq - Republicans do not

Dems want to open the borders to illegals - some Republicnas do not

Dems want to increase government regualtion on the private sector - Republicans do not

Need more?

Oh really?

Republicans want to fund a war to the tune of trillions of dollars and pay for it in the future. Guess what... sooner or later we are going to pay for it.

Surrender in Iraq? Well, there we have a difference of opinion. You see, I don't think that evaluating our strategy in Iraq and deploying our forces in different manners is surrender despite the rhetoric (and that is all it is) of the Bush Admin. What are the Republican candidate's positions on Iraq? Maintain the status quo? That won't win the war. A lot of Republicans don't like the way things are going there right now. If a Republican wins the White House this year, I imagine we'll see something along the lines of the Democrat solutions by '09.

Republicans don't have any solutions for the borders either. They are not talking about closing them either and I am not sure that is the best course of action on that matter either. I think our best bet would be to re-evaluate our immigration numbers and laws to increase the number of legal aliens and snuff out the illegal problem... and that does not include amnesty for illegals.

Increased governmental regulations on the private sector? Well, that sounds like decreased civil rights to me and I can't think of any one who has done more damage to civil rights in the last century then George Bush and I believe all the Republican candidates backed him up on it.

No, I don't think there is much difference between either party these days, except of course the rhetoric and which direction they point their fingers.

Immie

red states rule
01-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Good Morning Rsr :)

Thought you'd like my post! hahahaha!

My only point is the ones that think it was a "girl thing" or sign of weakness for her to tear or the ones that believe it was manufactured, need to express that same sentiment about Mitt Romney who has cried or welled up several times or President Bush for that matter, who has welled up and teared many times in public speaking to us.

I don't know if the Hill was faking it or not.... it did not seem that she was to me but anything is possible and I am not beyond being able to be fooled...

I just wondered why there is not such commotion with Mitt Romney or President Bush when they cry in public, or questioning on whether they are toooooo weak and emotional to be president or whether they were FAKING IT for political gain when they did it....the weaping in public?

jd

Good morning JD

You know damn well Hillary was faking it. The Clintons have made tugging on the heartstrings of libs an art form. On the one hand, she has her people tell us how tough and strong she is - then she cries and whines how the men are attacking her

The bottom line is, the myth of the Clintons could vanish beofre our eyes tonight, and then the Clinton machione will make the usual excuses for her loss

I wonder if Bill will be upset - or he will be laughing his ass off inside?

JohnDoe
01-08-2008, 08:48 AM
"page not found"
Good Morning Lean and mean!

Try this:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/12/19/candidate_has_another_teary_moment/

if that does not work, try this....click on the fourth article down.

http://search.boston.com/local/Search.do?s.sm.query=mitt+romney+tears&s.tab=

jd

red states rule
01-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh really?

Republicans want to fund a war to the tune of trillions of dollars and pay for it in the future. Guess what... sooner or later we are going to pay for it.

Surrender in Iraq? Well, there we have a difference of opinion. You see, I don't think that evaluating our strategy in Iraq and deploying our forces in different manners is surrender despite the rhetoric (and that is all it is) of the Bush Admin. What are the Republican candidate's positions on Iraq? Maintain the status quo? That won't win the war. A lot of Republicans don't like the way things are going there right now. If a Republican wins the White House this year, I imagine we'll see something along the lines of the Democrat solutions by '09.

Republicans don't have any solutions for the borders either. They are not talking about closing them either and I am not sure that is the best course of action on that matter either. I think our best bet would be to re-evaluate our immigration numbers and laws to increase the number of legal aliens and snuff out the illegal problem... and that does not include amnesty for illegals.

Increased governmental regulations on the private sector? Well, that sounds like decreased civil rights to me and I can't think of any one who has done more damage to civil rights in the last century then George Bush and I believe all the Republican candidates backed him up on it.

No, I don't think there is much difference between either party these days, except of course the rhetoric and which direction they point their fingers.

Immie

1) The amount of money flowing into the federal government is at record highs, while the annual deficit has dropped by more then 50%

2) It is surrender when Dems want to pull out the troops despite the huge success the troops are having. AQ is on the run, and the people of Iraq are stepping up and taking more of the load

3) Some Republicnas are wanting to seal the border and enfore the laws we have on the looks. The Dems and the liberal media then call them racists and how thge "hate brown people". Dems see them as a new voting block, and want to give them amnesty so they can vote for them

4) How is more government control ont he private sector a decreasein civl rights? Hillary has said how she wants to take the profits of oil comapnies away from them, and SHE invests them as she wants

What civil rights have you lost?

JohnDoe
01-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Good morning JD

You know damn well Hillary was faking it. The Clintons have made tugging on the heartstrings of libs an art form. On the one hand, she has her people tell us how tough and strong she is - then she cries and whines how the men are attacking her

The bottom line is, the myth of the Clintons could vanish beofre our eyes tonight, and then the Clinton machione will make the usual excuses for her loss

I wonder if Bill will be upset - or he will be laughing his ass off inside?
rsr,

She's not a quitter, nor is Bill...I can't see her giving up so easily, I think she and he are in it for the long haul.

It will at least take more than 2-5 losses before she bows out imo and even then, I can't see her doing it.

jd

glockmail
01-08-2008, 08:57 AM

You know damn well Hillary was faking it. .... I disagree. I don't think she has the ability to "act" and hide her emotions. In fact, her obvious show of emotions: hate, greed, jealousy, spite, are what has gotten her so far down in the polls.

No, I think that Hillary is genuinely sad, and frightened, that she blew it and her career is over.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 08:59 AM
rsr,

She's not a quitter, nor is Bill...I can't see her giving up so easily, I think she and he are in it for the long haul.

It will at least take more than 2-5 losses before she bows out imo and even then, I can't see her doing it.

jd

Even some of her own people are telling her to drop out if she loses by a wide margin tonight. Of course the Clintons are not worried about what is best for their party or the country - they are only worried what is best for the Clintons

Immanuel
01-08-2008, 09:00 AM
What civil rights have you lost?

The right to feel free in my own country for one. Thanks to the USA (un)Patriot Act. The right to feel that I can freely discuss my beliefs without worrying about upsetting the government and ending up in some prison camp for those beliefs. The right to speak to any friends I might have in the Middle East although, I for one do not know anyone there, but that doesn't matter.

Those are just starters and things will get worse.

Do you remember after 9/11 when Americans were turning in Americans because of their heritage?

Immie

red states rule
01-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I disagree. I don't think she has the ability to "act" and hide her emotions. In fact, her obvious show of emotions: hate, greed, jealousy, spite, are what has gotten her so far down in the polls.

No, I think that Hillary is genuinely sad, and frightened, that she blew it and her career is over.

She is not sad. She is pissed the damn peasents are not voting for her

red states rule
01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
The right to feel free in my own country for one. Thanks to the USA (un)Patriot Act. The right to feel that I can freely discuss my beliefs without worrying about upsetting the government and ending up in some prison camp for those beliefs. The right to speak to any friends I might have in the Middle East although, I for one do not know anyone there, but that doesn't matter.

Do you remember after 9/11 when Americans were turning in Americans because of their heritage?

Immie

You are expressing your views here, and nobody is stopping you. The crap people are taken off to prisons for expressing their views is just that - crap

Not all Middle Eastern people are terrorists - but all terrorists seem to be Middle Eastern people. I have no problem with terrorist profiling

glockmail
01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Good Morning Lean and mean!

Try this:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/12/19/candidate_has_another_teary_moment/

if that does not work, try this....click on the fourth article down.

http://search.boston.com/local/Search.do?s.sm.query=mitt+romney+tears&s.tab=

jd

Thanks Sweet and Petite!

Romney teared up due to:
* a show of dedication from his supporters
* his church acknowledging his core beliefs
* the site of a soldier's casket and the knowledge that it could have been one of his own.

By contrast Hillary teared up because she realizes that she is losing support and her lust for power will not be fulfilled.

SURCULUS
01-08-2008, 09:07 AM
she's crying cause someone asked her "How do you keep up with your appearance"? Hilary responds basically saying: It's not easy putting on this face everyday and rehearsing what will be my last big show" Gone with the wind" somewhere in the back of her mind she had to be thinking no wonder I'm losing.....they just don't hear me when I talk about the important issues facing this country,their asking about my hair!! lol I smell defeat or is that nail polish?

Dilloduck
01-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks Sweet and Petite!

Romney teared up due to:
* the site of a soldier's casket and the knowledge that it could have been one of his own.

By contrast Hillary teared up because she realizes that she is losing support and her lust for power will not be fulfilled.

Cmon glock--women cry when they get mad or sometimes for no reason at all.

JohnDoe
01-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks Sweet and Petite!

Romney teared up due to:

Hey???

Do you hear me denying any of that...???

:salute:

jd

red states rule
01-08-2008, 09:09 AM
she's crying cause someone asked her "How do you keep up with your appearance"? Hilary responds basically saying: It's not easy putting on this face everyday and rehearsing what will be my last big show" Gone with the wind" somewhere in the back of her mind she had to be thinking no wonder I'm losing.....they just don't hear me when I talk about the important issues facing this country,their asking about my hair!! lol I smell defeat or is that nail polish?

Welcome to the board!!!

Even the liberal media is not happy over Hill's poor acting job

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_carlson&sid=a7MTl5pj764g

red states rule
01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Hey???

jd

With Hillary, it is more like these stupid people are denying her what she sees as her birthright - the Oval office

glockmail
01-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Cmon glock--women cry when they get mad or sometimes for no reason at all.
In this case I think its anger and frustration. Her whole political life has been pandering to the black man in exchange for his vote and now he turned around and bit her in the ass. She's got to be thinking: "get back in your place, nigga!". :lol:

glockmail
01-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Hey???

jd Nope! :clap:

Dilloduck
01-08-2008, 09:14 AM
In this case I think its anger and frustration. Her whole political life has been pandering to the black man in exchange for his vote and now he turned around and bit her in the ass. She's got to be thinking: "get back in your place, nigga!". :lol:

Watch her take that moment of emotion and spin into a campaign slogan.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Watch her take that moment of emotion and spin into a campaign slogan.

Will she run a TV ad blaming Bush for her outburst of tears?

Immanuel
01-08-2008, 09:24 AM
You are expressing your views here, and nobody is stopping you. The crap people are taken off to prisons for expressing their views is just that - crap

I didn't say they were, except I would mention Jose Padilla. I think that is his name. That doesn't mean it won't though.

Not all Middle Eastern people are terrorists - but all terrorists seem to be Middle Eastern people. I have no problem with terrorist profiling

I have a problem when people who are not terrorist are called and treated as terrorists.

Immie

red states rule
01-08-2008, 09:27 AM
I didn't say they were, except I would mention Jose Padilla. I think that is his name. That doesn't mean it won't though.

I have a problem when people who are not terrorist are called and treated as terrorists.

Immie

Last I checked, Padilla was convicted of terrorists activities - or did I miss something?

Can you list some examples of people who are not terrorist are called and treated as terrorists?

glockmail
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Watch her take that moment of emotion and spin into a campaign slogan. :lol:

It would be difficult to spin that one. All this time she's claimed to be a champion for society's victims, and now she wants to be a victim of those she supposedly propped up.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
:lol:

It would be difficult to spin that one. All this time she's claimed to be a champion for society's victims, and now she wants to be a victim of those she supposedly propped up.

According to Terry McAuliffe ( I just heard him on the radio) the media is to blame for Hillary losing in Iowa and trailing in NH - Hillary has been unfairly covered

82Marine89
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM

Immie

Hold on there Immie. Since when do your feeling have protection under the Constitution? You are free in this country and to state otherwise is complete nonsense. Last time I checked, the 1st Amendment keeps the government from making any laws that stifle your free speech and if you worry about upsetting the government, then you just need to man up and get over it. As much as those on the left would like you to believe, there are no secret prison camps where you are sent for mental reconstruction. Not to say that that wouldn't be a bad thing for some of the loons on the left, but being that this is a free Nation, they are allowed to ramble on just as I am now.

Check your feeling at the sign on page and please state one freedom that you have actually lost.

glockmail
01-08-2008, 09:40 AM
According to Terry McAuliffe ( I just heard him on the radio) the media is to blame for Hillary losing in Iowa and trailing in NH - Hillary has been unfairly covered She was the media's darling for years, and got as far as she did becasue of them. They now have a new darling, and she's been tossed in the garbage.

Ever notice how nothing is ever her fault? That's the main problem that I have with her.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 09:44 AM
She was the media's darling for years, and got as far as she did becasue of them. They now have a new darling, and she's been tossed in the garbage.

Ever notice how nothing is ever her fault? That's the main problem that I have with her.

The liberal media is quick to dump libs that are no longer needed. Cindy Crackpot for one

Of course Hillary is not to blame for her defeats - she is the smartest women in the world - is muct be sombody elses fault

When Obama fouls up on the trail, will the liberal media defend him or find a new flavor of the month?

glockmail
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM

When Obama fouls up on the trail, will the liberal media defend him or find a new flavor of the month? They'll dump him at the earliest opportunity in favor of the next liberal.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 10:07 AM
They'll dump him at the earliest opportunity in favor of the next liberal.

I don't know if they will. Obama is also loved by the world press. It seems Obama is running for President of the World and not President of the US

glockmail
01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't know if they will. Obama is also loved by the world press. It seems Obama is running for President of the World and not President of the US You could have said the same thing about Hillary 5 years ago. Or Bill 10 years ago.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
You could have said the same thing about Hillary 5 years ago. Or Bill 10 years ago.

Valid point

But the left is obsessed with taking abck the WH, and if Hillary loses tonight - Obama is all they will have left to try and take it back

glockmail
01-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Valid point

But the left is obsessed with taking abck the WH, and if Hillary loses tonight - Obama is all they will have left to try and take it back

They've made a political calculation. In this case it is a good one.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
They've made a political calculation. In this case it is a good one.

Obama will still lose in November if he is the Dems chocie

glockmail
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Obama will still lose in November if he is the Dems chocie I'm not convinced of that.

If he does win he will screw things up so royally in four years that the GOP will score major victories on 2010 and 2012. Its a shame that we my lose Israel and a major US City to see that though.

Abbey Marie
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey???

jd

Well actually, yes. By complaining that different reactions/rules were applied to Hillary's crying than for Romney's, you imply that their crying situations were virtually indistinguishable. Glock pointed out (quite well) how they were far from the same, and therefore should not be regarded in the same way.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm not convinced of that.

If he does win he will screw things up so royally in four years that the GOP will score major victories on 2010 and 2012. Its a shame that we my lose Israel and a major US City to see that though.

Right now, the liberal media is giving him a free ride. If Obama wins the nomination, i can't see him in a debate with Mitt (or any Republican)defending higher taxes, government run health care, and appeasement to the terrorists.

At least Obama openly admits he wants to jack up our taxes. The last Dems who did that was Mondale in 1984.

And we all know how well he did in November

glockmail
01-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Right now, the liberal media is giving him a free ride. If Obama wins the nomination, i can't see him in a debate with Mitt (or any Republican)defending higher taxes, government run health care, and appeasement to the terrorists.

At least Obama openly admits he wants to jack up our taxes. The last Dems who did that was Mondale in 1984.

And we all know how well he did in November

Valid point. I agree that Mitt would be the GOP's best chance to defeat BHO.

McCain would not stand a chance. Which is why the media is boosting him as well.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Valid point. I agree that Mitt would be the GOP's best chance to defeat BHO.

McCain would not stand a chance. Which is why the media is boosting him as well.

McCain would be a very bad choice. When Alan Colmes says McCain is our best choice to win in Novemebr - you know not to vote for him

typomaniac
01-08-2008, 12:31 PM

"After his eyes filled with tears for the third time in as many weeks on the presidential campaign trail, Mitt Romney explained that, no, he is not immune to sadness and grief.

'I'm a normal person....'"

If HIS backers rig Mittler's way into the White House, anyone who's not a Mormon will be in danger under the Patriot Act.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 12:35 PM

If HIS backers rig Mittler's way into the White House, anyone who's not a Mormon will be in danger under the Patriot Act.

I see the religious bigot has joined the discussion

typomaniac
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I see the religious bigot has joined the discussion

Nothing in which the red parrot spammer is involved could possibly be called a "discussion."

red states rule
01-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Nothing in which the red parrot spammer is involved could possibly be called a "discussion."

I understand how a religious bigot like you would be unable to defend his bigoted views in a discussion

So you try not to engage in one

typomaniac
01-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I understand how a religious bigot like you would be unable to defend his bigoted views in a discussion

So you try not to engage in one

That's not why I don't try to have discussions with you anymore. The real reason I don't try to have discussions with you is that you never listen. Everyone here knows it. I'm just saying it.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 01:16 PM
That's not why I don't try to have discussions with you anymore. The real reason I don't try to have discussions with you is that you never listen. Everyone here knows it. I'm just saying it.

Fine

If you do not want to try and defend your bigotry against Mormons - that is fine

retiredman
01-08-2008, 01:20 PM
McCain would be a very bad choice. When Alan Colmes says McCain is our best choice to win in Novemebr - you know not to vote for him

so RSR...the true muscular conservative...are you still riding the Rudy bandwagon with all his pro-abortion supporters and pro-gay rights supporters and pro-gun control supporters, or have you flip flopped and now are backing someone else?

red states rule
01-08-2008, 01:23 PM
so RSR...the true muscular conservative...are you still riding the Rudy bandwagon with all his pro-abortion supporters and pro-gay rights supporters and pro-gun control supporters, or have you flip flopped and now are backing someone else?

Not at all

I am calling out a religious bogot- I suppose you do not have any problem with him since the guy who is a Mormon is a Repbublican

You must be very depressed seeing Hillary crashing and burning - to a rookie Senator

retiredman
01-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Not at all

I am calling out a religious bogot- I suppose you do not have any problem with him since the guy who is a Mormon is a Repbublican

You must be very depressed seeing Hillary crashing and burning - to a rookie Senator

If you would pull your spambot head out of your ass, you would have known, long ago, that Hillary has NEVER been my candidate of choice.

And many many religious conservative Christians - who we know overwhelmingly vote for republicans - consider mormonism a cult. that is a fact.

I don't.... but then, my denomination is much more tolerant of individual differences than most of the evangelical wing of the protestants.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 01:30 PM
If you would pull your spambot head out of your ass, you would have known, long ago, that Hillary has NEVER been my candidate of choice.

And many many religious conservative Christians - who we know overwhelmingly vote for republicans - consider mormonism a cult. that is a fact.

I don't.... but then, my denomination is much more tolerant of individual differences than most of the evangelical wing of the protestants.

Yes there are religious bigots on both sides - but your silence here tells me you are tolerant only when the slurs are directed at Dems

Hagbard Celine
01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I think all you guys are a bunch of bigoty bigots bigoting your bigotry all over this board. Bigoting bigots bigoted bigotry.

retiredman
01-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes there are religious bigots on both sides - but your silence here tells me you are tolerant only when the slurs are directed at Dems

you are free to surmise anything from my inattention to certain threads or certain posters. I am "tolerant" of no bigot. period. I happen to key in on the posts of some members and not others.

this is the primary season....time for you to pick your candidate and pick apart the ones you don't like...and I'll do the same on my side. You suggested that I would be disappointed due to Hillary's fall from the top, when we both know that it is YOU who should be worried about that. Hillary would have been able to galvanize the religious right to come out and vote for the republican - even if it were pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun contrl Rudy - if he were running against Hillary. Not so for the rest of the democratic field. We run Obama or Edwards against your New York City philandering, pro-gay, pro-abortion,pro-gun control moderate, and the religious right votes with the asses firmly planted in the barcaloungers all day election day.

Dilloduck
01-08-2008, 02:41 PM

Wait until Carville and Begala get to take the reins. Rumor has it that Bill is about to call in the big guns. Heck--now she can she she can empathize with the victims.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I now know why Obama Bin Laden asked for Secret Service protection, he remembered what happens to people who oppose the Clintons.

typomaniac
01-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I think all you guys are a bunch of bigoty bigots bigoting your bigotry all over this board. Bigoting bigots bigoted bigotry.

The only bigotry that goes on anymore is when Italian tourists visit our national parks.

("Mama Mia! That-sa one bigotry!") :dance:

Yurt
01-08-2008, 10:18 PM
The only bigotry that goes on anymore is when Italian tourists visit our national parks.

("Mama Mia! That-sa one bigotry!") :dance:

oh, my, you uh, so hillaryass...

red states rule
01-09-2008, 07:09 AM
you are free to surmise anything from my inattention to certain threads or certain posters. I am "tolerant" of no bigot. period. I happen to key in on the posts of some members and not others.

this is the primary season....time for you to pick your candidate and pick apart the ones you don't like...and I'll do the same on my side. You suggested that I would be disappointed due to Hillary's fall from the top, when we both know that it is YOU who should be worried about that. Hillary would have been able to galvanize the religious right to come out and vote for the republican - even if it were pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun contrl Rudy - if he were running against Hillary. Not so for the rest of the democratic field. We run Obama or Edwards against your New York City philandering, pro-gay, pro-abortion,pro-gun control moderate, and the religious right votes with the asses firmly planted in the barcaloungers all day election day.

Your "inattention" is because the religious bigot is going after a conservative. When it is a black lib being attacked - you leap to his defense

retiredman
01-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Your "inattention" is because the religious bigot is going after a conservative. When it is a black lib being attacked - you leap to his defense

that is your opinion. I disagree. Like I said...the vast majority of attacks at Romney come from the religious right.... most evangelical Christians - who predominantly self-identify as republicans - think that mormonism is a cult.

red states rule
01-09-2008, 07:35 AM
that is your opinion. I disagree. Like I said...the vast majority of attacks at Romney come from the religious right.... most evangelical Christians - who predominantly self-identify as republicans - think that mormonism is a cult.

It is a fact based on your posts

When the black guy is attacked you call the attacker a bigot

When it is a white conservative, you offer excuses - but you do not call the attacker a bigot

retiredman
01-09-2008, 07:38 AM

When it is a white conservative, you offer excuses - but you do not call the attacker a bigot

link?

Immanuel
01-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Last I checked, Padilla was convicted of terrorists activities - or did I miss something?

Can you list some examples of people who are not terrorist are called and treated as terrorists?

What difference does it make if the potential is there? The point is that the potential is there. Constitutional rights are setup to protect us from future abuses of our own government not things from the past. The threat is there and whether this Presidential Administration uses it or the Chelsea Clinton administration of 2029 uses it, we need to be protected.

Originally posted by 82Marine89

Hold on there Immie. Since when do your feeling have protection under the Constitution? You are free in this country and to state otherwise is complete nonsense. Last time I checked, the 1st Amendment keeps the government from making any laws that stifle your free speech and if you worry about upsetting the government, then you just need to man up and get over it. As much as those on the left would like you to believe, there are no secret prison camps where you are sent for mental reconstruction. Not to say that that wouldn't be a bad thing for some of the loons on the left, but being that this is a free Nation, they are allowed to ramble on just as I am now.

As stated earlier, today, I am free but as bits and pieces of the Constitution are run through the Presidential shredder those freedoms deteriorate. When will we wake up at 2am to find jackbooted troopers pounding in our doors demanding our arrests for being pro-life? Do you want to wake up that morning wondering WTF(udge) happened to this country? Yes, I watch 24! :D

Immie

PS Sorry my reply took so long. I was busy yesterday.

happyfeet
01-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Anyway - Billary won NH...:poke:

Dilloduck
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Anyway - Billary won NH...:poke:

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF TEARS.

manu1959
01-09-2008, 07:14 PM
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF TEARS.

women always cry when they don't get their way......

Dilloduck
01-09-2008, 07:20 PM

and look how the voters came through for her. Everything's better today.

Kathianne
01-09-2008, 07:21 PM

You're so mean! :cry:

typomaniac
01-09-2008, 07:35 PM
More people than you think buy into this stereotype:

When Shields and Warner asked their respondents to justify their ratings, they found, "while women were believed to cry more intensely, they were also judged better able to control their tear flow, perhaps suggesting that they purposely displayed more intense tears than men."
Source (http://www.rps.psu.edu/probing/crying.html)

http://www.rps.psu.edu/probing/graphics/crying.gif

Kathianne
01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
You're so mean! :cry:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4017/womancryingdf6.jpg

nevadamedic
01-10-2008, 12:34 AM

Don't insult Maineman or he will cry then block you. :laugh2:

red states rule
01-10-2008, 06:37 AM
The liberal media is back on the Hilary bandwagon

Couric Encourages 'Humanized' Clinton to 'Reveal More of Yourself'
By Brent Baker | January 10, 2008 - 06:39 ET
Telling Hillary Clinton “some observers believe” that when she got “emotional” -- as “your voice cracked and your eyes welled up” -- that “humanized you and made you much more attractive to women voters,” CBS's Katie Couric on Wednesday night cooed: “Will you be willing now to reveal more of yourself and be less reserved?” As if the “emotional” moment Monday in New Hampshire exposed the real, sensitive Hillary Clinton while the “reserved” Hillary persona of the last 15-plus years doesn't match reality. For the interview aired on the CBS Evening News, Clinton invited Couric to her home in New Castle, New York. Clinton described the incident as “Hillary unplugged” and insisted it showed “I don't see politics as a game,” but as a way of “getting in a position to actually help people.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/01/10/couric-encourages-humanized-clinton-reveal-more-yourself