PDA

View Full Version : Blameless in Marriage?

Cheyenne
01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
I have been watching the movie, 'The Politician's Wife', a British movie filmed in three parts. G-r-e-a-t movie.

But it has raised a question. We always say that 'it takes two to tango'; two make a relationship.
So, when a marriage goes awry, can one of the parties involved be innocent, blameless? Or do both contribute to the demise?
I happen to think the first way. Sometimes it's more about what the other person really is & nothing what you yourself has/hasn't done.

PostmodernProphet
01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
assuming the possibility of any human being to be a true son of a bitch, it is logical that you could have a broken marriage with one totally innocent and one totally responsible party......what you say about the marriage where the groom is screwing the bridesmaid before the reception is ended?........

Cheyenne
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
......what you say about the marriage where the groom is screwing the bridesmaid before the reception is ended?........I hear this story so much more than you'd think.
The Bride showed poor judgment on her choice of partner. But, as you said, the groom is a S.O.B.; never had good intentions except those that are self-serving.

But did the Bride have warning signs during the courtship she ignored??
Do you think she could have contributed to his wayward behavior in some way?

01-07-2008, 09:18 PM
i do. I think it happens alot.

abuse, adultery, lots of things cause marriages to break down that are the results of one selfish party and an innocent party.