2. Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat
3. Thom Yorke - The Eraser
4. James Figurine - Mistake Mistake Mistake Mistake
5. The Decembrists - The Crane Wife

The ClayTaurus
01-10-2007, 09:53 AM
1. Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
2. Jay Dee - The Shining
3. Nina Simone - Nina Simone Sings the Blues (It's a reissue, is that cheating?)
4. Nelly Furtado - Loose
5. Incubus - Light Grenades

Bonus 6. DJ Shadow - The Outsider (This doesn't crack the top five because 6 or so tracks are absolute rubbish; the rest, however, is stellar)

dan
01-10-2007, 10:55 AM
3. Nina Simone - Nina Simone Sings the Blues (It's a reissue, is that cheating?)

Hell, yeah! I dig me some Nina Simone. That Gnarls Barkley album didn't really hold up for me, though. There were maybe three great tracks (one of which is about as overplayed as it gets).

The ClayTaurus
01-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Hell, yeah! I dig me some Nina Simone. That Gnarls Barkley album didn't really hold up for me, though. There were maybe three great tracks (one of which is about as overplayed as it gets).Oh I entirely disagree. Crazy was certainly overplayed, but the remainder of the album is deceptively good. Track 2, St. Elsewhere, is by far my favorite. I remember when I first listened to it, however, I hated that song. I think there are 2, MAYBE 3 songs I could do without on the album, but the quality of everything else easily makes up for it.

If you like Nina, get that album. Amazing.

dan
01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Maybe I need to give it another shot. I'm a huge Danger Mouse fan, I'm still listening to The Grey Album.

Jon
01-12-2007, 04:39 AM
Maybe I need to give it another shot. I'm a huge Danger Mouse fan, I'm still listening to The Grey Album.

Grey Album FTW!!111one!1

:2up: