PDA

View Full Version : 'sexist' Protesters Disrupt Hillary

stephanie
01-08-2008, 12:44 AM
A potted plant or not?? I say.....they need to be watered..:coffee:

SEXIST’ PROTESTERS DISRUPT HILLARY (UPDATE)

A couple of yahoos interrupted Hillary Clinton’s speech tonight in Salem by waving big signs and chanting “Iron my shirts!”

Clinton asked that the lights be turned on, apparently to see them better and declared. “Oh the remnants of sexism, alive and well tonight,” to applause.

She then talked about breaking glass ceilings, before joking as the pair were hustled out: “If there’s anybody in the audience who wants to learn to iron his own shirt, we can talk about that.”

We followed.to ask what the heck they were thinking.

Nick Gemelli, who is 21, and born at least a decade after “iron my shirts” was an anti-women’s rights slogan, didn’t have much of a rationale. “I just don’t think a woman should be President,” he said.

He couldn’t really say why, but he agreed that he was a health care voter, as the sticker on his carrying case implied. The “Hillary for President” sticker was a bit more of a puzzle.
He said he had just been given both and peeled them off. He said he had no connection to any campaign.

read the rest..
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2008/01/sexist-jamokes-disrupt-hillary.html

Abbey Marie
01-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Turn the lights up, ey? Looks like Hillary might be resorting to plants in the audience, to garner sympathy for more of the women vote.

hjmick
01-08-2008, 10:49 AM
The two guys happen to work for Boston radio station WBCN 104.1 FM, and are members of the Toucher and Rich Show. It appears to have been a stunt staged by the morning show.

I don't usually like to link to blogs like Hot Air, but they seem to have the best information on the incident as well as links:

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/01/07/video-the-obligatory-iron-my-shirt-post

eighballsidepocket
01-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Didn't those two guys commit a hate crime against Hillary?:coffee: