PDA

View Full Version : Cowards Give Up On Gis - & Give In To Evil

stephanie
02-17-2007, 03:08 PM
:clap:
Ralph Peters can write things more eloquently then me....
But I'd like to add my own sentiments here......
May this Democrat Congress.....ROT IN HELL...

February 17, 2007 -- PROVIDING aid and comfort to the enemy in wartime is treason. It's not "just politics." It's treason.

And signaling our enemies that Congress wants them to win isn't "supporting our troops."

The "nonbinding resolution" telling the world that we intend to surrender to terrorism and abandon Iraq may be the most disgraceful congressional action since the Democratic Party united to defend slavery.

The vote was a huge morale booster for al Qaeda, for Iraq's Sunni insurgents, and for the worst of the Shia militias.

The message Congress just sent to them all was, "Hold on, we'll stop the surge, we're going to leave - and you can slaughter the innocent with our blessing."

We've reached a low point in the history of our government when a substantial number of legislators would welcome an American defeat in Iraq for domestic political advantage.

Yes, some members voted their conscience. But does anyone believe they were in the majority?

This troop surge might not work. We can't know yet. But we can be damned sure that the shameful action taken on the Hill while our troops are fighting isn't going to help.

And a word about those troops: It's going to come as a shock to the massive egos in Congress, but this resolution won't hurt morale - for the simple reason that our men and women in uniform have such low expectations of our politicians that they'll shrug this off as business as usual.

This resolution has teeth, though: It's going to bite our combat commanders. By undermining their credibility and shaking the trust of their Iraqi counterparts, it makes it far tougher to build the alliances that might give Iraq a chance.

If you were an Iraqi, would you be willing to trust Americans and risk your life after the United States Congress voted to abandon you?

Now that Donald Rumsfeld's gone, the Democrats are doing just what they pilloried the former Secretary of Defense for doing: Denying battlefield commanders the troops and resources they need.

Congresswoman Pelosi, have you no shame?

As a former soldier who still spends a good bit of time with those in uniform, what infuriates me personally is the Doublespeak, Stalin-Prize lie that undercutting our troops and encouraging our enemies is really a way to "support our troops."

As for bringing them home, why not respect the vote the troops themselves are taking: Sustained re-enlistment rates have been at a record high.

And our soldiers and Marines know they'll go back to Iraq or Afghanistan. And no, Senator Kerry, it's not because they're too stupid to get a "real" job like yours or because they're "mercenaries." Some Americans still believe in America.

If our troops are willing to fight this bitter war, how dare Congress knife them in the back?

On Thursday night, I was in Nashville as a guest of the 506th Regimental Combat Team - with whom I'd spent all too brief a time in Baghdad.

The occasion was their welcome-home ball, complete with dress uniforms spangled with awards for bravery. Proud spouses sat beside their returned warriors.

Of course, those soldiers were glad to be home with their loved ones. But they also know they'll go back to one theater of war or another - and no one complained.

They share a value that Congress has forgotten: duty. They're willing to bear the weight of the world on their shoulders. Because they know that freedom has a price.

As you entered the ballroom for the event, the first thing you saw was a line of 34 photographs. A single white candle softly lit each frame. Those were the members of the 506th who didn't come home.

Soldiers honor their dead. It's the least Congress could do to honor the living men and women in uniform.

You don't support our troops by supporting our enemies.

Ralph Peters' latest book is "Never Quit The Fight."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02172007/news/columnists/cowards_give_up_on_gis____give_in_to_evil_columnis ts_ralph_peters.htm

Gaffer
02-17-2007, 05:43 PM
He says it so very well. I totally agree.

Hugh Lincoln
02-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Peters is smarter than this. Democrats hate America, but that doesn't mean the war is right.

Just out of curiosity...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=16157#post16157

LiberalNation
02-18-2007, 10:43 AM
I wish congress would stop wasting it's time on worthless non binding resolutions. Everyone already knows who and who doesn't support the war. It's just a bunch of talk while doing nothing but tht's how our legislative system works I guess. Hopefully will see something binding after this troop surge fails to change much in that country.

Birdzeye
02-18-2007, 12:15 PM
The one person who has provided the most "aid and comfort to the enemy" is George W. Bush, with his grossly incompetent prosecution of this war.

OCA
02-18-2007, 12:21 PM
The one person who has provided the most "aid and comfort to the enemy" is George W. Bush, with his grossly incompetent prosecution of this war.

:stupid:

darin
02-18-2007, 12:34 PM

lmao. How would you measure the War? Tell me, please, what constitutes success or failures? Which reports have you been privy to? Which briefings?

You are the worst kind of liberal; the kool-aide-drinking, talking-points spouting, finger-pointer. You don't know shit, yet you're too arrogant to admit it.

Birdzeye
02-18-2007, 12:36 PM
lmao. How would you measure the War? Tell me, please, what constitutes success or failures? Which reports have you been privy to? Which briefings?

You are the worst kind of liberal; the kool-aide-drinking, talking-points spouting, finger-pointer. You don't know shit, yet you're too arrogant to admit it.

Ah, so all you have is personal attacks, no substance. But then it seems, from the "content" of your posts, that you're only here to flame. Pffft.

OCA
02-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Ah, so all you have is personal attacks, no substance. But then it seems, from the "content" of your posts, that you're only here to flame. Pffft.

Birdshit take a look at your post, in and of itself its nothing more than a vitriol laden flame with no roots in reality.....we are simply making fun of you, nothing less, nothing more.

Birdzeye
02-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Birdshit take a look at your post, in and of itself its nothing more than a vitriol laden flame with no roots in reality.....we are simply making fun of you, nothing less, nothing more.

Pot. Kettle. Black. You're projecting onto me the very characteristics that shine through in all your posts. Is vitriolic hatred all you have?

Grumplestillskin
02-18-2007, 01:38 PM
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Birdzeye again.

Gunny
02-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Pot. Kettle. Black. You're projecting onto me the very characteristics that shine through in all your posts. Is vitriolic hatred all you have?

Support your statement:

OCA
02-18-2007, 01:40 PM

Difference being is mine is vitriolic hatred brought about by facts and evidence. You? I suppose that Bush statement summed it up best. Am I speaking to fraulein Sheehan?

OCA
02-18-2007, 01:41 PM
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Birdzeye again.

Birdshit when you start getting rep from the board troll you probably should step back and reevaluate your posts.

Grumplestillskin
02-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Birdshit when you start getting rep from the board troll you probably should step back and reevaluate your posts.

She's only posted 43 times and she's got you sussed off the bat. Biggest laugh is: "vitriolic hatred brought about by facts and evidence." You have an opinion and an attitude. That's all you bring to the table. Go to Webster's picture dictionary. Under the word troll, there's your ugly mug...:beer:

Birdzeye
02-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Difference being is mine is vitriolic hatred brought about by facts and evidence. You? I suppose that Bush statement summed it up best. Am I speaking to fraulein Sheehan?

Facts and evidence? :laugh:

You should at least present them before making such a claim.

darin
02-18-2007, 01:51 PM

Is it IRONIC to anyone else that YOU of all people ask for 'facts' and 'evidence' yet base your political viewpoints on the 'opposite' of Facts and Evidence? Laughable, really.

Gunny
02-18-2007, 01:52 PM

Speaking of facts and evidence ... again ... support your statement:

OCA
02-18-2007, 01:52 PM
She's only posted 43 times and she's got you sussed off the bat. Biggest laugh is: "vitriolic hatred brought about by facts and evidence." You have an opinion and an attitude. That's all you bring to the table. Go to Webster's picture dictionary. Under the word troll, there's your ugly mug...:beer:

Sussed? No more like I love to eat libs for lunch and its 1:48 here....lunchtime.

Its easy to deny the truth about me from behind the monitor, ain't it?

OCA
02-18-2007, 01:55 PM

So tell us Birdshit how was the prosecution of the war incompetent? Or is it that you really think ALL wars are incompetent?

Grumplestillskin
02-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Sussed? No more like I love to eat libs for lunch and its 1:48 here....lunchtime.

You haven't eaten a fruit cake (well, you mighta in your time), let alone a liberal. You can't lick someone to death...

Its easy to deny the truth about me from behind the monitor, ain't it?

What is the truth? As for you last bit...:laugh2:

Grumplestillskin
02-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Why don't you guys back up this statement at the beginning of the thread

PROVIDING aid and comfort to the enemy in wartime is treason. It's not "just politics." It's treason.

Grumplestillskin
02-18-2007, 01:59 PM

PROVIDING aid and comfort to the enemy in wartime is treason. It's not "just politics." It's treason.

OCA
02-18-2007, 02:06 PM

Whats to back up, its true.

Providing aid and comfort to the enemy through continued organized efforts to subvert and undermine foriegn policy and the war effort is treason. Its went well beyond simple disagreement and you damn well know it.

SassyLady
02-18-2007, 04:00 PM
From the Constitution - Article III

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

Unfortunately, those that have the power to declare a person treasonous are the ones committing the act.

02-18-2007, 11:08 PM

If your position is so strong why dont you answer his questions?

The left goes on and on about the President's "failures." I have yet to see any evidence of them.