PDA

View Full Version : 11,900 and Counting

red states rule
01-08-2008, 06:06 AM
So far, the Reid and Pelosi Congres have approved 11,900 earmarks (pork) projects costing the taxpayers nearly $20 billion

Congress still has to pass 8 more spending bills, no no telling how much of our money will be wasted

Yet, Dems want to jack up our taxes so they can fund "vital" government programs

Here is some of the pork that has been passed already

House
TTHUD
$500,000
Renovate the Public Pool in Banning, California

House
Labor-HHS
$175,000
Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy

Senate
Agriculture
$1,000,000
Mormon Cricket & Grasshopper Activities in Utah

Senate
TTHUD
$800,000
National Women's Hall of Fame, Seneca Falls, New York

House
TTHUD
$500,000
Traffic Calming, Windermere, Florida

House
Commerce
$250,000
Montana World Trade Center

Senate
Labor-HHS
$1,000,000
Clinton School of Public Service, Little Rock, Arkansas

House
Labor-HHS
$75,000
ArtsQuest—The Banana Factory, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

House
TTHUD
$700,000
Parking Lot Repairs, Asnuntuck Community College, Enfield, Connecticut

House
TTHUD
$150,000
Mt. Zion Federal Credit Union, San Antonio, Texas

Senate
Commerce
$575,000
Detroit Renaissance

House
Agriculture
$365,156
Potato Breeding, Aberdeen, Idaho

Senate
Agriculture
$842,000
Alabama Beef Connection

Senate
Agriculture
$227,000
Dairy Education in Iowa

House
Agriculture
$387,976
Manure Management Research, Ames, Iowa

House
TTHUD
$400,000
Signal/Intersection Improvement, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Senate
Interior
$250,000
Mother's Day Shrine Building, Grafton, West Virginia

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/upload/pork_projects.html

theHawk
01-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Don't forget the $2.46 billion going to Israel!

DrJohn
01-09-2008, 04:00 AM
How many earmarks did the republican-controlled congress pass in the six years they controlled the government?

Must have been a lot to run up the ALL TIME RECORD DEFICIT!!!

I guess it's ok if you're a republican...

emmett
01-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Stop it now.

Not everything is pork you know. It's important to spend 92,437 dollars on a study to see if we can produce avacado trees that will grow in NC. This will enhance our lives. Hell, because of the fucking press we can't have those wonderful 7500 dollar toilets anymore for our politicians to shit in. Then there was the 1500 dollar rolls of toilet paper for them to wipe their nasty asses with. Now that..................was wasteful.

red states rule
01-09-2008, 07:14 AM
How many earmarks did the republican-controlled congress pass in the six years they controlled the government?

Dems said the would cut the pork - they are not. So I understand why you want to bring up the previous Congress and not discuss the current Dem Congress

Again, is this why Dems want to increase taxes - so they can spend more money on pork?

Trigg
01-09-2008, 01:39 PM

No it's not ok, and is exactly the reason the republicans lost so many seats.

Unfortunatally the dems are heading down the same road, promising change and not delivering.

This is why we need a business man in the White House instead of another politician. Someone who's been out in the real world and run his own business.

Lazarus
01-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Impressive list, RSR.

Unfortunately for you, however, is the fact that your very first example :

House
TTHUD
$500,000

is under Republican representation.

DrJohn
01-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Dems said the would cut the pork - they are not. So I understand why you want to bring up the previous Congress and not discuss the current Dem Congress

Again, is this why Dems want to increase taxes - so they can spend more money on pork?

Sooo... since the repubs didn't SAY that they wanted to reduce pork, then that means that they are for pork? Is that why the two top pork producers are republican? Thad Cochran of Mississippi and Ted Stevens of Alaska are the two top pork men.

Is that what you're saying???? Repubs are for pork since they didn't say that they would get rid of it???
Simple yes or no question there....

April15
01-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I hope they put in a few thousand more. It is about time the blue states started to get our tax money back instead of sending it to the red states to support them lazy people.

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
So far, the Reid and Pelosi Congres have approved 11,900 earmarks (pork) projects costing the taxpayers nearly $20 billion

Congress still has to pass 8 more spending bills, no no telling how much of our money will be wasted

Yet, Dems want to jack up our taxes so they can fund "vital" government programs

Here is some of the pork that has been passed already

House
TTHUD
$500,000

House
Labor-HHS
$175,000
Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy

Senate
Agriculture
$1,000,000
Mormon Cricket & Grasshopper Activities in Utah

Senate
TTHUD
$800,000
National Women's Hall of Fame, Seneca Falls, New York

House
TTHUD
$500,000
Traffic Calming, Windermere, Florida

House
Commerce
$250,000
Montana World Trade Center

Senate
Labor-HHS
$1,000,000
Clinton School of Public Service, Little Rock, Arkansas

House
Labor-HHS
$75,000
ArtsQuest—The Banana Factory, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

House
TTHUD
$700,000
Parking Lot Repairs, Asnuntuck Community College, Enfield, Connecticut

House
TTHUD
$150,000
Mt. Zion Federal Credit Union, San Antonio, Texas

Senate
Commerce
$575,000
Detroit Renaissance

House
Agriculture
$365,156
Potato Breeding, Aberdeen, Idaho

Senate
Agriculture
$842,000
Alabama Beef Connection

Senate
Agriculture
$227,000
Dairy Education in Iowa

House
Agriculture
$387,976
Manure Management Research, Ames, Iowa

House
TTHUD
$400,000
Signal/Intersection Improvement, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Senate
Interior
$250,000
Mother's Day Shrine Building, Grafton, West Virginia

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/upload/pork_projects.html

Senator McCain is promising to cut the pork spending drastically if not eliminate it.

Trigg
01-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Senator McCain is promising to cut the pork spending drastically if not eliminate it.

OF course he is, he wants to get elected. Afterward it's back to business as usual.

manu1959
01-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Sooo... since the repubs didn't SAY that they wanted to reduce pork, then that means that they are for pork? Is that why the two top pork producers are republican? Thad Cochran of Mississippi and Ted Stevens of Alaska are the two top pork men.

Is that what you're saying???? Repubs are for pork since they didn't say that they would get rid of it???
Simple yes or no question there....

are you arguing these expenditures are good or bad or are you simply justifing bad behaviour with bad behaviour.....thought dems were better than pubs....thought they were fiscally responiible and were going to create a surplus....

DrJohn
01-10-2008, 03:48 AM
are you arguing these expenditures are good or bad or are you simply justifing bad behaviour with bad behaviour.....thought dems were better than pubs....thought they were fiscally responiible and were going to create a surplus....

All of my life the republican party was the fiscally esponsible party....

until Bush started spending and spening and spending.

All I'm saying is that both parties are guilty of porking up the budget. It seems tha some folks try to blame everything on the dems while we know evryone ees to want a piece of the pie.

red states rule
01-10-2008, 06:26 AM
All of my life the republican party was the fiscally esponsible party....

until Bush started spending and spening and spending.

All I'm saying is that both parties are guilty of porking up the budget. It seems tha some folks try to blame everything on the dems while we know evryone ees to want a piece of the pie.

The point is, Dems are increasing pork, while at the same time, they want to increase taxes

Or are you ignoring this point?

Why do Dems always fall back on the same old talking point "Republicans did it" - even though Dems ran against the insane spending of the Republicans?

DrJohn
01-10-2008, 11:37 AM
The point is, Dems are increasing pork, while at the same time, they want to increase taxes

Why do Dems always fall back on the same old talking point "Republicans did it" - even though Dems ran against the insane spending of the Republicans?

so it is OK for the repubs do have pork since the dems have come out against it?

That's what you're saying.

Why do you repubs blame everything, including the things that y'all do, on the dems??
That's what you're doing....

over and over and over....

Lazarus
01-10-2008, 02:30 PM

Another point worth considering is the fact that Reps increased pork, while at the same time, they decreased taxes.

Or are you ignoring that point.

Oh yeah, that's right....... decreasing taxes increases health of the economy....which will pay for republican porkbarrel spending.

Reality says otherwise.

red states rule
01-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Another point worth considering is the fact that Reps increased pork, while at the same time, they decreased taxes.

Or are you ignoring that point.

Oh yeah, that's right....... decreasing taxes increases health of the economy....which will pay for republican porkbarrel spending.

Reality says otherwise.

Spoken like a true lib - keep going back to the previous Congress - and give the current Dem run Congress a pass

I know it is fustratuing to you but the Bush tax cuts have INCREASED tax revenues - and Dems are determined to spend every cent of it (and then some)

red states rule
01-12-2008, 07:23 AM
so it is OK for the repubs do have pork since the dems have come out against it?

That's what you're saying.

Why do you repubs blame everything, including the things that y'all do, on the dems??
That's what you're doing....

over and over and over....

Unlike you, I openly said my party was wrong on their spending. YOU seem content with the Dems lying about cutting the pork - and wanting more of my money to fund it

Dems have been busted in another lie, and your reaction is to go back in time and duck the point I am making about the Dems increasing the pork

DrJohn
01-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Unlike you, I openly said my party was wrong on their spending. YOU seem content with the Dems lying about cutting the pork - and wanting more of my money to fund it

Dems have been busted in another lie, and your reaction is to go back in time and duck the point I am making about the Dems increasing the pork

No,I'm not content with the Dems pork, either.
I don't know where you read that.

red states rule
01-12-2008, 08:02 AM
No,I'm not content with the Dems pork, either.
I don't know where you read that.

The other main point is, Dems are wasting money on pork and pay raises -while pushing for tax increases at the same time

So much for the Dems promise to watch over the taxpayers money. Yea, they will watch it as they take more out of our pockets

DrJohn
01-12-2008, 08:05 AM
The other main point is, Dems are wasting money on pork and pay raises -while pushing for tax increases at the same time

So much for the Dems promise to watch over the taxpayers money. Yea, they will watch it as they take more out of our pockets

It seems to me that both political parties are raking in the pork.

I know, you're going to say that the dems promised to cut it, while I say that the repubs are getting theirs, too.
Since the repubs didn't promise to cut pork, does that mean they like it?
Yes or no

red states rule
01-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Dems ran in 06 on the Republicans insane spending and promised they would stop it

They are not - they are increasing it

http://fms.treas.gov/mts/mts1207.txt

DrJohn
01-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Dems ran in 06 on the Republicans insane spending and promised they would stop it

They are not - they are increasing it

http://fms.treas.gov/mts/mts1207.txt

So the repubs ARE for the "insane spending".

Thanks for clearing that up :laugh2:

red states rule
01-12-2008, 08:16 AM
So the repubs ARE for the "insane spending".

Thanks for clearing that up :laugh2:

and Dems are outspending them -while demanding higher taxes

Are you supporting their actions?

DrJohn
01-12-2008, 08:18 AM
and Dems are outspending them -while demanding higher taxes

Are you supporting their actions?

No, I don't support the pork, at all.

red states rule
01-12-2008, 08:20 AM
No, I don't support the pork, at all.

how about the Dems call for higher taxes while they increase the pork? Even though it is a fact the Bush tax cuts ahve increased revenues to the US government

DrJohn
01-12-2008, 08:25 AM
how about the Dems call for higher taxes while they increase the pork? Even though it is a fact the Bush tax cuts ahve increased revenues to the US government

I don't know anyone that wants to pay higher taxes.

red states rule
01-12-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't know anyone that wants to pay higher taxes.

That was not the question

Do you support the Dems desire to raise taxes, while they are wasting our tax money on pork, perks, and pay raises?

DrJohn
01-12-2008, 08:31 AM
That was not the question

Do you support the Dems desire to raise taxes, while they are wasting our tax money on pork, perks, and pay raises?

I don't know how I can make my position clearer.
I said that I don't want higher taxes and, in a previous post, I said that I don't want pork:either Dem or repub.

Show me where all of the repubs are voting against the pork, perks and pay raises.
They are for those things, too.

red states rule
01-12-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't know how I can make my position clearer.
I said that I don't want higher taxes and, in a previous post, I said that I don't want pork:either Dem or repub.

Show me where all of the repubs are voting against the pork, perks and pay raises.
They are for those things, too.

We agree on 2 issues - this is scary

The Republicans who voted for the pay raise and excessive pork should be tossed out along with the Dems who voted for them as well