PDA

View Full Version : In Kenya, Obama's relatives 'pray' for victory

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Story Highlights

Sen. Barack Obama's father is from Kenya, where his grandmother and uncle live
The Obamas live in a remote village, don't own a TV but keep up with the election
On Hillary Clinton, Obama's grandmother says the best man or woman should win
Sen. Obama first visited Kenya after his father died in 1982

His father, his grandmother and most of his family members in Kenya are Muslims.

Full Story...............
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/07/kenya.obama.relatives/index.html

Hmmmmm, his whole family are Muslims but somehow he is not? Something sounds fishy to me.

darin
01-08-2008, 01:02 PM
It's not his 'whole family are Muslims' - it's "Most of his family In Kenya are Muslims" ;)

retiredman
01-08-2008, 01:24 PM
his father's side of his family are muslim. His father divorced his mother when he Barack was three.... Barack was raised by his Christian mom and is, himself, a protestant.

but I guess bigoted islamo-phobia is tough to disguise.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
his father's side of his family are muslim. His father divorced his mother when he Barack was three.... Barack was raised by his Christian mom and is, himself, a protestant.

My, if you were this upset over bigots attacking Mormons

Oh, that guy is a conservative. Now I know why you are silent on those attacks

darin
01-08-2008, 01:28 PM

Except his 'christianity' is bigoted and racist.

At least the CHURCH where claims membership is:

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

OLD
Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

New

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

1. A congregation committed to ADORATION.
2. A congregation preaching SALVATION.
3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

Click here to read about Dr. Wright’s talking points for Trinity United Church of Christ its Web site and the Black Value System.

But whatever.

retiredman
01-08-2008, 01:28 PM

republicans are the ones attacking Romney's religion and calling it a cult. Not me.

Hagbard Celine
01-08-2008, 01:31 PM

Haha, Mormons...
http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/712/All-about-the-Mormons?.html

red states rule
01-08-2008, 01:31 PM
republicans are the ones attacking Romney's religion and calling it a cult. Not me.

You are not leaping to Mitts defense like you are Obama's

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 01:33 PM

Of course not, he would lose his Liberal Cool Kid Card.

Hagbard Celine
01-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Every lib gets his liberal cool kid card with his copy of the "LIB HANDBOOK." It also doubles as a book mark.

red states rule
01-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Libs have selective outrages and have to check who the is being attacked (party affiliation) before they defend the person

retiredman
01-08-2008, 01:40 PM

I have no reason to defend Romney. I could give a shit how much mud gets slung by republicans at one another during the primary season. As far as I am concerned, the more mud they throw all over each other, the better I like it. If your winner comes out of the convention covered in mud, he'll be that much easier to beat and his democratic opponent will have that much longer coattails.....

don't forget: we win the white house AND get to 60 in the senate - watch out! :laugh2:

darin
01-08-2008, 01:42 PM
don't forget: we win the white house AND get to 60 in the senate - watch out! :laugh2:

Watch out is right! Can you say HIGHER Taxes and fewer freedoms? :(

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Every lib gets his liberal cool kid card with his copy of the "LIB HANDBOOK." It also doubles as a book mark.

Lib Handbook? is that like Hitlers autobiography?

retiredman
01-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Watch out is right! Can you say HIGHER Taxes and fewer freedoms? :(

awww.... NOW don't you wish you hadn't elected a moron and a bunch of followers in congress who pissed away the Ronnie-Newt revolution? It really must suck to be a conservative republican about now....seeing the dream die.... ah well.:lol:

darin
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Seeing the dream of lower taxes, better life, better healthcare, a more-solid foundation of society? That ain't dead. There are more of US, than there are of YOU.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
awww.... NOW don't you wish you hadn't elected a moron and a bunch of followers in congress who pissed away the Ronnie-Newt revolution? It really must suck to be a conservative republican about now....seeing the dream die.... ah well.:lol:

The only dream that is going to die is that of the terrorist and the dyke running for President on your ticket.

retiredman
01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
The only dream that is going to die is that of the terrorist and the dyke running for President on your ticket.

Ronnie and Newt's revolution started to die the minute you all impeached Clinton for a blow job.... it's been slipping away ever since. Today, more americans self identify as democrats than republicans by an increasing margin.... generic congressional ballots put democrats ahead nationwide...and our presidential candidates kick your candidate's asses.

CHANGE is the biggest cry from both party's candidates. If Dubya had been anything other than an abysmal failure and an embarrassment to the republican party and the nation, republicans, at least, would be running on a platform of staying the powerfully successful course! Ooops. LOL

Hagbard Celine
01-08-2008, 01:55 PM

No, it's the handbook we libs live our lives by. It's kinda like the Bible except it's for libs. We get it free from the government when we "come of age" at 12. It's paid for by tax dollars. It comes with condoms, a welfare check, a dimebag of sticky icky and of course the lib cool kid card. I've quoted it several times in many of my posts. I'm surprised you haven't caught onto it sooner. :dunno: We need to start a thread that compiles all the quotes I've written from the handbook.

Abbey Marie
01-08-2008, 02:01 PM

No, Nevada, it's like Mao's Little Red Book. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Ronnie and Newt's revolution started to die the minute you all impeached Clinton for a blow job.... it's been slipping away ever since. Today, more americans self identify as democrats than republicans by an increasing margin.... generic congressional ballots put democrats ahead nationwide...and our presidential candidates kick your candidate's asses.

CHANGE is the biggest cry from both party's candidates. If Dubya had been anything other than an abysmal failure and an embarrassment to the republican party and the nation, republicans, at least, would be running on a platform of staying the powerfully successful course! Ooops. LOL

I guess you are as dumb as you look. Clinton was impeched for lying under oath as well as disbarred and stripped of his law license so keep blabbing off.

Abbey Marie
01-08-2008, 02:10 PM

You mean like the way Dems all distanced themselves from Clinton after his 8 years in the White House? Didn't they want to "Stay the powerfully successful course"? :rolleyes: Talk about embarassment- Billy set the bar.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 02:20 PM
You mean like the way Dems all distanced themselves from Clinton after his 8 years in the White House? Didn't they want to "Stay the powerfully successful course"? :rolleyes: Talk about embarassment- Billy set the bar.

No they distanced themselves from Clinton because they didn't want to be found dead by an aparent suicide.

Mao's Little Red Book? What's that?

retiredman
01-08-2008, 02:21 PM

old news. dubya's the goat now and trying to bring up the ghost of clinton will not make dubya go away, or cause his skunk stench to clear away from the GOP going into 2008.

Abbey Marie
01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
old news. dubya's the goat now and trying to bring up the ghost of clinton will not make dubya go away, or cause his skunk stench to clear away from the GOP going into 2008.

Direct comparisons which serve to put current criticism into perspective, are never old news.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 02:24 PM

Bush isn't the one who got impeached........... :laugh2:

retiredman
01-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Direct comparisons which serve to put current criticism into perspective, are never old news.

it is interesting that post election analysis of Gore's campaign, when put in light of Clinton's enduring popularity, tended to indicate that he screwed up by NOT getting Bill more involved in his campaign. Do you think that the republican loser will be wishing he'd run on Dubya's legacy this november? ;)

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Can we get back on topic about Obama Bin Laden and his terrorist relatives?

retiredman
01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Bush isn't the one who got impeached........... :laugh2:

he still smells worse than clinton ever did.

and democrats in congress saw how the impeachment of Clinton was a pyrrhic victory for the republicans and how it really cost them in the long run - they were not about to make the same mistake.

I remember, back in the midst of the senate impeachment trial, Gallup ran a poll and asked voters if they could have the choice between Clinton and Dole to make that day, who would they chose....and Clinton was more popular then than he was when he was elected in '96!

retiredman
01-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Can we get back on topic about Obama Bin Laden and his terrorist relatives?

why do you think he has any terrorist relatives? are you one of those bigots who believes that all muslims are terrorists?

why don't you go to the local mosque and start killin' em all then?

Abbey Marie
01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
it is interesting that post election analysis of Gore's campaign, when put in light of Clinton's enduring popularity, tended to indicate that he screwed up by NOT getting Bill more involved in his campaign. Do you think that the republican loser will be wishing he'd run on Dubya's legacy this november? ;)

I think the Monday morning quarterbacking about Gore was quite likely an attempt to find an excuse for his losing. There is simply no way to know what effect hanging with Billy would have had, as people can say anything after the election. Also, it is easy to forget what a pariah he was at the time.

As for Bush, I think it is always wise to run as your own person.

retiredman
01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
I think the Monday morning quarterbacking about Gore was quite likely an attempt to find an excuse for his losing. There is simply no way to know what effect hanging with Billy would have had, as people can say anything after the election. Also, it is easy to forget what a pariah he was at the time.

As for Bush, I think it is always wise to run as your own person.

regarding Clinton we'll have to agree to disagree. He was never a pariah in my eyes or in the eyes of most democrats that I knew...we were disappointed in him, but we all knew that the witch hunt kangaroo court impeachment spectacle was just republican theater and it certainly came back to bite them in the ass.

And even though you think that the republican candidates should run as their own person, should they express PRIDE in Bush's stellar legacy, and if so, why are they all harping about CHANGE?

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 02:44 PM
why do you think he has any terrorist relatives? are you one of those bigots who believes that all muslims are terrorists?

Yup, they are.

retiredman
01-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Yup, they are.

OK...then answer my second question, Mr. tough guy!

and if you think that all muslims are terrorists, what do we need to discuss in THIS thread?

Dilloduck
01-08-2008, 02:53 PM
regarding Clinton we'll have to agree to disagree. He was never a pariah in my eyes or in the eyes of most democrats that I knew...we were disappointed in him, but we all knew that the witch hunt kangaroo court impeachment spectacle was just republican theater and it certainly came back to bite them in the ass.

And even though you think that the republican candidates should run as their own person, should they express PRIDE in Bush's stellar legacy, and if so, why are they all harping about CHANGE?

Everyone is harping about change because change is enevitable. Easiest campaign promise there is to keep. Someday these candidates are gonna wise up and realize that people are a bit particular about the changes they would like to see.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 02:59 PM
OK...then answer my second question, Mr. tough guy!

and if you think that all muslims are terrorists, what do we need to discuss in THIS thread?

Because I can. This guys family are a bunch of terrorists which means he is too. You are what you eat.

retiredman
01-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Because I can. This guys family are a bunch of terrorists which means he is too. You are what you eat.

you are just a foolish and ignorant bigot who does not understand the nature of the enemy facing us...you are a liability.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 03:10 PM
you are just a foolish and ignorant bigot who does not understand the nature of the enemy facing us...you are a liability.

Yes I do, Muslim's and Liberal's are the enemy.

retiredman
01-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes I do, Muslim's and Liberal's are the enemy.

no... your narrow minded bigotry, borne of your own willfull ignorance, makes you a liability to our democracy.

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
no... your narrow minded bigotry, borne of your own willfull ignorance, makes you a liability to our democracy.

The only Liability around here is you, that why your still a virgin and how old are you? :laugh2:

retiredman
01-08-2008, 03:18 PM
The only Liability around here is you, that why your still a virgin and how old are you? :laugh2:

:lame2:

and really sophomoric. is that really the level at which you normally debate?

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 03:21 PM
:lame2:

and really sophomoric. is that really the level at which you normally debate?

Im sorry, sex with men doesn't count so yup, your still a virgin.

Yurt
01-08-2008, 09:43 PM

At least the CHURCH where claims membership is:

But whatever.

This must be paramount in dispelling the obamarama myth. If a 'white' christian belonged to a church that held just a fraction of the color "commitment" this would be all over the news. To me, it is not just about his supposed christianity, it is the church's commitment to one class of people over another. obamarama could never, ever effectively represent and run this country

blackpower!

red states rule
01-09-2008, 07:17 AM

So when it is a black lib being attacked - you call him a racist

But when it is a white conservative - you don't care

Typical of the "tolerance" of the left

retiredman
01-09-2008, 07:35 AM
So when it is a black lib being attacked - you call him a racist

But when it is a white conservative - you don't care

Typical of the "tolerance" of the left

who said I didn't care about white conservatives being attacked? I think that conservatives and moderates in the republican party need to figure out who their candidate will be. Unlike some people on here, I am not about to get in the middle of the deliberations of the other party. You guys pick out your candidate...we'll pick out ours.

red states rule
01-09-2008, 07:36 AM
who said I didn't care about white conservatives being attacked? I think that conservatives and moderates in the republican party need to figure out who their candidate will be. Unlike some people on here, I am not about to get in the middle of the deliberations of the other party. You guys pick out your candidate...we'll pick out ours.

Being a liberal you have selective outrage and selective racism

retiredman
01-09-2008, 07:40 AM

again...your opinion. I disagree.

but while we're at it, did I MISS your outrage when the poster called Obama a terrorist and all of his relatives terrorists? Please let me know the post number where you expressed that outrage.

nevadamedic
01-10-2008, 03:21 AM

I guess praying to their Muslim God of hatred didn't work. :laugh2:

retiredman
01-10-2008, 07:37 AM
again...your opinion. I disagree.

but while we're at it, did I MISS your outrage when the poster called Obama a terrorist and all of his relatives terrorists? Please let me know the post number where you expressed that outrage.

Having a tough time finding your outrage?

why am I not surprised? :laugh2:

red states rule
01-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Having a tough time finding your outrage?

why am I not surprised? :laugh2:

Unlike you, I find all racism disgusting. Even when it is directed at black libs

Libs like you find racism directed at conservatives acceptable. Dems are the party of hate and racism

retiredman
01-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Unlike you, I find all racism disgusting. Even when it is directed at black libs

Libs like you find racism directed at conservatives acceptable. Dems are the party of hate and racism

yet you did not express any outrage at this thread's presumption that Obama and all his family were terrorists. why was that?

red states rule
01-10-2008, 07:56 AM
yet you did not express any outrage at this thread's presumption that Obama and all his family were terrorists. why was that?

Do I consider Obama a terrorist - of course not. As far as his family, I do not know

What I do know is, you are typical of the left. On the on hand you look for any hint of racism from the right, (real or not) while on the other hand ignore blatant racism from the left

retiredman
01-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Do I consider Obama a terrorist - of course not. As far as his family, I do not know

What I do know is, you are typical of the left. On the on hand you look for any hint of racism from the right, (real or not) while on the other hand ignore blatant racism from the left

what I know is: you claim that I show selective outrage, yet you do not show any outrage to the author of THIS thread who has called Obama and his family "terrorists".
I call that selective outrage and that makes you a fucking hypocrite.:lol:

red states rule
01-10-2008, 08:02 AM
what I know is: you claim that I show selective outrage, yet you do not show any outrage to the author of THIS thread who has called Obama and his family "terrorists".
I call that selective outrage and that makes you a fucking hypocrite.:lol:

Not at all. I have said racism is disgusting no matter who does it

You on the other hand find racism directed toward conservatives acceptable. You leaped to the defense of the black liberal, but said nothing about the religious bigotry toward the conservative

You are the hypocrite - which is normal for liberals like you

retiredman
01-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Not at all. I have said racism is disgusting no matter who does it

You on the other hand find racism directed toward conservatives acceptable. You leaped to the defense of the black liberal, but said nothing about the religious bigotry toward the conservative

You are the hypocrite - which is normal for liberals like you

I have read back through this thread and have not found you specifically condemning its author. please provide the post number where that occured.

red states rule
01-10-2008, 08:10 AM
I have read back through this thread and have not found you specifically condemning its author. please provide the post number where that occured.

I have said several times I find any racism disgusting, and I do not consider Obama a terrorist

You support racism, as long as it is NOT directed at a liberal. Before any lib like you attacks a racist statement, you first check the party affilaition of the person who said it, and the person it was directed at

retiredman
01-10-2008, 08:11 AM
I have said several times I find any racism disgusting, and I do not consider Obama a terrorist

You support racism, as long as it is NOT directed at a liberal. Before any lib like you attacks a racist statement, you first check the party affilaition of the person who said it, and the person it was directed at

where is the post number showing your outrage at the slanderous assertions of the thread's author?

red states rule
01-10-2008, 08:20 AM
where is the post number showing your outrage at the slanderous assertions of the thread's author?

You do need to go back to the hop website MM

Again, you are ignoring my posts on calling racial slurs disgusting, while you support them - as long as they were directed at Mitt

retiredman
01-10-2008, 08:25 AM
You do need to go back to the hop website MM

Again, you are ignoring my posts on calling racial slurs disgusting, while you support them - as long as they were directed at Mitt

I, like you, think that all racial slurs are wrong. I have never supported such slurs. YOU claimed that not only do I need to generally abhor that behavior, but that I must show OUTRAGE whenever board members exhibit it. I think that your argument would be more valid if you could show where you had expressed YOUR outrage at this thread's author.

PostmodernProphet
01-10-2008, 10:21 AM

do you really see something hateful and wrong in what that church is teaching?....I see no attacks on anyone there....if anything, I see a committment to self-help instead of demanding special treatment.....

waterrescuedude2000
01-11-2008, 12:52 PM
I, like you, think that all racial slurs are wrong. I have never supported such slurs. YOU claimed that not only do I need to generally abhor that behavior, but that I must show OUTRAGE whenever board members exhibit it. I think that your argument would be more valid if you could show where you had expressed YOUR outrage at this thread's author.

Heil Mittler :laugh2::laugh2: