PDA

View Full Version : Foriegn Military Bases

manu1959
02-17-2007, 03:44 PM
As i have always said....if they don't want our military in their country....

lets leave....and take our foriegn aid with us.....fuckem

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6370671.stm

Gaffer
02-17-2007, 05:22 PM
As i have always said....if they don't want our military in their country....

lets leave....and take our foriegn aid with us.....fuckem

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6370671.stm

A lot of our foriegn bases are used to support our actions in other parts of the world. So we don't want to give em all up. Mostly its the commies wanting us to not have access to areas of the world they want to see in turmoil. Weaken the access points and you weaken our response capabilities. Liberal dems are the new commies of the world.

manu1959
02-17-2007, 05:41 PM
A lot of our foriegn bases are used to support our actions in other parts of the world. So we don't want to give em all up. Mostly its the commies wanting us to not have access to areas of the world they want to see in turmoil. Weaken the access points and you weaken our response capabilities. Liberal dems are the new commies of the world.

i am well aware of why we have them and why we have the where we have them.....it does not change my opinion

Roopull
02-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Personally, I'm all for bringing all soldiers not actively fighting home from any foreign base. Why are we providing defense for Germany, France, Japan etc??? It's not like they're grateful!

We responded to WWII just fine without having foreign bases & that was before we had mid-air refueling.

I actually think having our military spread all over the globe cripples our ability to respond to threats... look at Iraq, now. We're constantly hearing the military doesn't have enough troops. What if we didn't have to man all these bases all over the damned place?

Ever think of the great cost savings we provide to those other nations, too? Why should Germany man a real military when they have us there to protect them? Then, to add insult to injury, they go around touting how much we militaristic Americans spend on defense in comparison to those nations we're defending... as though we're warmongers or something.

I say bring 'em home, let 'em man the borders, and save us money while making us better equipped to kick ass when it's really needed.

Gaffer
02-17-2007, 06:07 PM
The bases in Germany, Japan and the UK among others are not there to protect those countries. They are there as support points for our troops throughout the world. For example a refueling mission can't be launched from the US to refuel over europe and the refueling planes still have enough fuel to get back to the states. Those bases are there strictly to support our military in other missions, not the defense of those countries. And those bases are there because those countries want us there. even though the commie elements in those countries don't.

If we really want to hurt them economically we could just restrict the servicemen to the bases. The bases are capable of sustaining themselves. Also restrict civilian entry for workers. that would put a big crimp in the local economy. Wouldn't take long before they would be making nice with us again.