PDA

View Full Version : Google search feature - anyone using?

jimnyc
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
The Google search feature which only gives results from this board, which is linked from the banner at the top - is anyone utilizing this or should I get rid of it?

I want to remove the banner and maybe make something smaller to link to it but not sure if it's even worth the hassle if nobody is using it...

Kathianne
01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
The Google search feature which only gives results from this board, which is linked from the banner at the top - is anyone utilizing this or should I get rid of it?

I want to remove the banner and maybe make something smaller to link to it but not sure if it's even worth the hassle if nobody is using it...

Keep the google search! Please!

retiredman
01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I have not used it thus far.

Abbey Marie
01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
I always forget we have this. I just used it for the first time, and it was helpful.

jimnyc
01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I always forget we have this. I just used it for the first time, and it was helpful.

In case anyone is not aware, or missed my announcement the first time around - it can't hurt to give the Google search a try and give me your feedback. Just click on the banner at the top of the forums...

It will return results just like any other Google search you perform, only every result will come directly from the forums here. It's much quicker than vB's built in engine and much more powerful.

Kathianne
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
In case anyone is not aware, or missed my announcement the first time around - it can't hurt to give the Google search a try and give me your feedback. Just click on the banner at the top of the forums...

It will return results just like any other Google search you perform, only every result will come directly from the forums here. It's much quicker than vB's built in engine and much more powerful.

Sure is. It lets you put in numbers and words less than 4 letters, which can be very difficult when you know exactly what you are trying to find here. Jim, I always meant to thank you for adding it.

BTW, how is the dog?

mrg666
01-08-2008, 05:38 PM

ditto