PDA

View Full Version : Mitt.... World Class Flip-Flopper

jillian
02-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Is that sucking sound I hear the sound of Mitt applying his lips to the rear of the rabid right? (oops...sorry,... the base).

Flip
http://www.greaterboston.tv/features/btp_romney_032902.html

I'll say the same thing to you I've said since 1994 and probably before and that is on a personal basis I don't favor abortion. However, as governor of the Commonwealth I will protect the right of a woman to choose."

Flop
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236499,00.html

"I'm committed to promoting the culture of life," the Massachusetts governor told the conservative magazine. "Like Ronald Reagan and Henry Hyde and others who became pro-life, I had this issue wrong in the past."

Guess it's okay to flip flop to suck up to the right. :clap:

Dilloduck
02-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Is that sucking sound I hear the sound of Mitt applying his lips to the rear of the rabid right? (oops...sorry,... the base).

Flip

Flop

Not to this conservative-----he sucks!

trobinett
02-17-2007, 04:16 PM

Flip

Flop

Well, the left should be familiar with that sound, they are usually involved in a circle jerk where it can be heard on a regular basis.

Flip flopping is the exclusive territory of the left, they made up the rules, and they lead the pack.

jillian
02-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Well, the left should be familiar with that sound, they are usually involved in a circle jerk where it can be heard on a regular basis.

Flip flopping is the exclusive territory of the left, they made up the rules, and they lead the pack.

Which has what to do with anything??? Not like you'd vote for a moderate or left-leaner. Thought it was all about "consistency" with you guys so you can understand the sound bites.

Why aren't you screaming flip-flopper??? Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I'm waiting.

Can you say "hypocrites"? Sure, I knew ya could.

manu1959
02-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Which has what to do with anything??? Not like you'd vote for a moderate or left-leaner. Thought it was all about "consistency" with you guys so you can understand the sound bites.

did you have sex before marriage?

trobinett
02-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Which has what to do with anything???

It has EVERYTHING to do with this thread jillian, do you need any help?

Not like you'd vote for a moderate or left-leaner.

How would you know that?

Thought it was all about "consistency" with you guys so you can understand the sound bites.

Consistency doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. As to "sound bites", never been high on MY priority list.

I am, and in fact, I'm call YOU out. The left is famous for "flip-flopping", and that WAS the point that I made. So, wait no longer.

Watch the screen jillian, "HYPOCRITES", hows that, thought I said it pretty good, didn't you?

Its the left that usually gets called out for being "hypocrites", and its no different this time around.:smoke:

stephanie
02-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Hmmmmmm...

Who was it who said to me........What does it matter ta ya...

It's not like you'd vote for them anyway.....:boobies:

I'm not sure on Romney...
I haven't made up my mind on anyone yet....way too early..

Yurt
02-17-2007, 06:36 PM

Flip

Flop

How is this a flip flop? The guy changed his mind ONCE.

Do you not support politicians being able to change their minds?

Yes or no.

KarlMarx
02-17-2007, 07:05 PM

It reminds me of the sound of the Left kissing the asses of George Soros, Fiddle Asstro, You-Blow Chavez.

trobinett
02-17-2007, 07:09 PM
It reminds me of the sound of the Left kissing the asses of George Soros, Fiddle Asstro, You-Blow Chavez.

:clap:

jillian
02-17-2007, 07:13 PM

Yes or no.

I wasn't the one spending an entire election cycle whining about it, love.

jillian
02-17-2007, 07:14 PM

Wouldn't know since your fantasy that everyone who is centrist or leans left supports those guys doesn't apply to me.

I do so love the stereotypes, though.

jillian
02-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Hmmmmmm...

Who was it who said to me........What does it matter ta ya...

It's not like you'd vote for them anyway.....:boobies:

I'm not sure on Romney...
I haven't made up my mind on anyone yet....way too early..

Well, you don't know I wouldn't vote for him. Unlike the rabid right, I'm not allergic to voting for republicans who support moderate policies. Mitt used to be a moderate. Now he's busy sucking up to the left, so, no, now I wouldn't cast a vote for him at this point. Two years ago, I might have. ;)

Hugs to ya, babe. Hope you're staying warm up there.

trobinett
02-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Wouldn't know since your fantasy that everyone who is centrist or leans left supports those guys doesn't apply to me.

And you find no correlation?

jillian
02-17-2007, 07:20 PM
It has EVERYTHING to do with this thread jillian, do you need any help?

No. I also find questions like that really boring.

How would you know that?

What? That you wouldn't vote for a Dem??? OK, I'll bite, which dem would you vote for (other than Lieberman who's a Repub)? Go ahead, prove me wrong.

Consistency doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. As to "sound bites", never been high on MY priority list.

Really? Funny, I always figured that the people who couldn't tell that someone could support something if it were paid for by tax dollars but not if the money were borrowed (with China holding the paper) lived by the sound bite. *shrug*

I am, and in fact, I'm call YOU out. The left is famous for "flip-flopping", and that WAS the point that I made. So, wait no longer.

As opposed to having a president who refuses to alter a course of action even after it's failed? I'm ok with changes of mind based on changed circumstance. But nothing changed for Romney except the need to suck up to the left for primary season.

Watch the screen jillian, "HYPOCRITES", hows that, thought I said it pretty good, didn't you?

I thought I said it better. ;)

Its the left that usually gets called out for being "hypocrites", and its no different this time around.:smoke:

Yeah...sure it isn't.... just like when adultery becomes a right wing cause celebre, unless of course, it's being committed by Newt Gingrich. :clap:

KarlMarx
02-17-2007, 07:27 PM

Has a familiar ring to it eh Jillian?

jillian
02-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Has a familiar ring to it eh Jillian?

lol... we all do it sometimes. But when I'm addressing a specific poster, I usually, though not always, know who I'm dealing with and try to stay away from it. :)

trobinett
02-17-2007, 07:34 PM
No. I also find questions like that really boring.

Oh, I thought you "respected" a good "go round".

What? That you wouldn't vote for a Dem??? OK, I'll bite, which dem would you vote for (other than Lieberman who's a Repub)? Go ahead, prove me wrong.

Ok, ya got me on that one. Can't think of a single Dem I would vote for. So sue me!:bye1:

Really? Funny, I always figured that the people who couldn't tell that someone could support something if it were paid for by tax dollars but not if the money were borrowed (with China holding the paper) lived by the sound bite. *shrug*

You couldn't be more wrong jillian. I live, as do most that I support, or hold a like outlook, a life that requires no support from the government, and certainly wouldn't advocate ANY country holding the note for something we couldn't afford to pay for with "blood, sweat, or tears". Which is just exactly what we are doing now. In case that has escaped your attention.

As opposed to having a president who refuses to alter a course of action even after it's failed? I'm ok with changes of mind based on changed circumstance. But nothing changed for Romney except the need to suck up to the left for primary season.

Of course the circumstances has changed, the initial plans of our enemy has changed.

As to political consideration, NO ONE in a political party can take the high ground, be serious, and more importantly, BE HONEST.

I thought I said it better. ;)

Ok, if it makes you feel better.:cheers2:

Yeah...sure it isn't.... just like when adultery becomes a right wing cause celebre, unless of course, it's being committed by Newt Gingrich. :clap:

Reread your post jillian, your doing exactly what you say you abhorred, am I wrong?

jillian
02-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh, I thought you "respected" a good "go round".

I love a good "go round", but I prefer they actually be debates, especially with people who are fellow car lovers. ;)

Ok, ya got me on that one. Can't think of a single Dem I would vote for. So sue me!:bye1:

LOL! No cause of action for that. I'll simply save an "I told you so" in my bank. :laugh:

You couldn't be more wrong jillian. I live, as do most that I support, or hold a like outlook, a life that requires no support from the government, and certainly wouldn't advocate ANY country holding the note for something we couldn't afford to pay for with "blood, sweat, or tears". Which is just exactly what we are doing now. In case that has escaped your attention.

Actually, the "I voted for it before I voted against it" was EXACTLY about how it was going to be paid for. We could afford it better pre tax cuts for the rich and after the tax cuts, we borrowed the money which is why our national debt has skyrocked and China DOES, in fact, hold our paper for it. So you know, I lean left socially, but I do not believe we should be living off of the national credit card, which is what we've been doing for the last six years.

Of course the circumstances has changed, the initial plans of our enemy has changed.

Actually, I've always wondered why *this* enemy... seemed silly when we were attacked by Saudis trained in Afghanistan. Should have focused our efforts there instead of allowing the Taliban to reassert themselves. They should have been stomped to dust and OBL's head paraded in the streets. Instead we kiss up to Pakistan which has hidden him since 9/11.

As to political consideration, NO ONE in a political party can take the high ground, be serious, and more importantly, BE HONEST.

I think some are worse than others. Beyond that, they're all politicians. It's just a function of which ones best represent our views. My definition of an honest politician??? One who stays bought.

Ok, if it makes you feel better.:cheers2:

lol.... cute. You must be a very good husband. You've got the "yes, dear" thing down cold. :mm:

Reread your post jillian, your doing exactly what you say you abhorred, am I wrong?

I'd hope not. Again, it wasn't me who whined about flip-floppers for an entire election cycle, only to embrace one because he now says he's anti-choice. Just figured I'd raise the issue.

trobinett
02-17-2007, 07:55 PM
jillian posted:

lol.... cute. You must be a very good husband. You've got the "yes, dear" thing down cold.

Well,.....................................:eek:

I hate that when THAT happens..:wink2:

jillian
02-17-2007, 08:00 PM
jillian posted:

Well,.....................................:eek:

I hate that when THAT happens..:wink2:

Heh! Cheers to ya! :beer:

Gaffer
02-17-2007, 08:10 PM
well jill we have never stopped in afganhistan. It's been ongoing since it started.There are 50,000 NATO troops there now and they have fought some major battles there. Battles that have gone unreported in the media, could you tell me why that is?

The taliban did get their asses handed to them. They ran to pakistan to hide out and regroup. Bin laden went there too. we have not been allowed to go in there after them. Seems like a logical thing to do if your enemy is using the country to hide and train and launch attacks from. But that would be invading a soveriegn country. If we did that what do you think your wonderful democratic congress would say?

They would say it was not necessary to go after bin laden in pakistan, he was contained.

Whatever Bush does you and the rest of the dems will condemn him for it.

jillian
02-17-2007, 08:13 PM
well jill we have never stopped in afganhistan. It's been ongoing since it started.There are 50,000 NATO troops there now and they have fought some major battles there. Battles that have gone unreported in the media, could you tell me why that is?

The taliban did get their asses handed to them. They ran to pakistan to hide out and regroup. Bin laden went there too. we have not been allowed to go in there after them. Seems like a logical thing to do if your enemy is using the country to hide and train and launch attacks from. But that would be invading a soveriegn country. If we did that what do you think your wonderful democratic congress would say?

They would say it was not necessary to go after bin laden in pakistan, he was contained.

Whatever Bush does you and the rest of the dems will condemn him for it.

We dropped the ball in Afghanistan. Diverted our troops and resources and the Taliban is very much resurrecting itself.

As for "whatever Bush does" I will condemn him for it. You clearly don't know me because I very much wanted to root for him.

And if you think Dems are a cohesive unit who have a homogeneous view of things, then you're sadly mistaken. Haven't you ever heard the old adage "I don't belong to any organized political party; I'm a democrat"???

Yurt
02-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I wasn't the one spending an entire election cycle whining about it, love.

You failed to answer the question, again.

Yes or no.

If you are unable to answer it, just say so, don't play these schoolyard games.

manu1959
02-17-2007, 08:18 PM
We dropped the ball in Afghanistan. Diverted our troops and resources and the Taliban is very much resurrecting itself.

....should we send more troops?

jillian
02-17-2007, 08:27 PM
....should we send more troops?

To Afghanistan? Yes. Should have from the get-go.

Dilloduck
02-17-2007, 08:32 PM
To Afghanistan? Yes. Should have from the get-go.

and Pakistan ? and Saudi Arabia ?

Dilloduck
02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
and Pakistan ? and Saudi Arabia ?

Well ? You have repeatedly reminded us that the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia and Bin Laden has not been killed. Apaprently you have no problem sending more "targets" to Afghanistan. How about the other countries of interest ?

OCA
02-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Ever change your mind about anything Jilly? No thats right you're never friggin wrong and absolutely fucking perfect in every way.

Ftou sou kariola! :wink2:

Grumplestillskin
02-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Ever change your mind about anything Jilly? No thats right you're never friggin wrong and absolutely fucking perfect in every way.

Kerry changed his mind...plenty of times....look where it got him...

Grumplestillskin
02-17-2007, 09:57 PM

Hey, I just put that through the Greek translator on the internet. It came out as "I have a small penis"...hhhmmm

Gaffer
02-17-2007, 10:01 PM
hmmmm There are 50,000 NATO troops in Afganhistan, how many do we need there?

Of course the taliban are coming back. They have spent four years getting it together in pakistan. They rule western pak now. Lots of locals to draw on for troops and plenty more coming in from other countries. They even announced in one of their tapes a while ago they were stepping up operations.

There have been scores of battles fought in afganhistan along the border with pak. There have been thousands of taliban and al queda killed and captured. But its never covered on the news. Is that because it would show the military and Bush in a good light and having success? A suicide bomber in kabul gets covered big on the news. A battle that kills 200 taliban gets ignored. Some of it hand to hand. I have to find out about it on a milblog on the internet. even FOX the "conservative" network doesn't carry the reports. It's become the forgotten front.

Afganhistan is a NATO operation. Which means Bush doesn't have much say in how things are run, other than the amount of troops put in and support allocated. Being NATO run it can't be Bush's fault if anything goes wrong. Therefore the news doesn't want to be bothered with reporting on things there other than to harp on bin laden not being caught.

Abbey Marie
02-17-2007, 11:22 PM
No one can say what is in Romney's heart; it may be political, it may sincere. But I can say that a lot us change our minds about the immorality of abortion. It often comes with age and reflection.

OCA
02-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey, I just put that through the Greek translator on the internet. It came out as "I have a small penis"...hhhmmm

Yeah, ok.

OCA
02-18-2007, 12:11 PM

You mean John "go to war with a camera crew" Kerry?

Mittt is changing his mind on abortion, its a sign of maturity this move to the correct side on this issue. He might've gotten my vote since I can't in good conscience vote for a social piece of shit like Giuliani. I mean who the fuck votes for somebody who condones murdering unborn babies?

Bonnie
02-18-2007, 05:26 PM

Flip

Flop

Well either he grew up and gained some wisdom or he just got very gutsy in thinking he could win an election without having NOW and Planned parenthood's armtwisting..ooops I mean pocketbooks..

02-18-2007, 11:11 PM

First, he will have to address his changes in position before people will take him seriously.

Second, you seem to not understand the difference between a flip flop and a geniune change of position for principled reasons. There is a difference. The question here is whether Mitt's change in position is for principles or for political expediency.

02-18-2007, 11:14 PM

As for "whatever Bush does" I will condemn him for it. You clearly don't know me because I very much wanted to root for him.

And if you think Dems are a cohesive unit who have a homogeneous view of things, then you're sadly mistaken. Haven't you ever heard the old adage "I don't belong to any organized political party; I'm a democrat"???

Resurrecting themselves? Have you paid any attention to recent reports from Afghanistan? We have obliterated their efforts to resurge in recent battles.

02-18-2007, 11:23 PM

Changing once on principle is one thing. Changing every other day for political expediency is a huge problem.

In fact, that was Kerry's major problem with the Swift Boat Veterns for Truth. Everytime they point out how this part of his story is incorrect, he would tell a completely different version. He couldnt even keep from flip flopping his own life history. Which of the 6 different versions of his experience in Vietnam were people supposed to believe over the SB Vets one version?

Heck, I heard a John Kerry speech where he changed his position on Iraq twice in the same speech.

Now if Mitt starts changing his position every other day depending on what crowd he is talking to.. ill get worried about his positions. But I think a man can have a change of view on issues, particularly moral issues. President Reagan did. And there was no doubt in my mind that it was a sincere and complete change.

This thread is really showing me that Democrats really didn't understand why John Kerry's change in position every other month (or 20 minutes) was a huge problem for him. They just recognize that his changing positions was a negative and think that any other politician who changes positions once in his life will face the same problem.

02-18-2007, 11:25 PM
No one can say what is in Romney's heart; it may be political, it may sincere. But I can say that a lot us change our minds about the immorality of abortion. It often comes with age and reflection.

You know what.. Thinking about it, I can live with someone who does the right thing for the wrong reasons as long as the right thing is done. Atleast I think I could.

02-18-2007, 11:28 PM
You mean John "go to war with a camera crew" Kerry?

Mittt is changing his mind on abortion, its a sign of maturity this move to the correct side on this issue. He might've gotten my vote since I can't in good conscience vote for a social piece of shit like Giuliani. I mean who the fuck votes for somebody who condones murdering unborn babies?

I dont know if it was a vote between Guiliani or any pro abortion Democrat, I could easily pull the lever for Guiliani cause he is the man who would probably make me sick least.

Life is tough sometimes. Choices between good and bad are often the easy ones. Its the choices been good and gooder, and; bad or less bad, that are the tough ones.

Some people seem to think that the only choices all the time are good and evil. I wish it were the case but its not.