PDA

View Full Version : NH meant nothing to me

gabosaurus
01-09-2008, 12:10 AM
It is a small state, relevant only in the fact that it is the first real primary. And the vote margin was far from overwhelming on either side.
Hillary's victory in NH means little more than Obama's win in Iowa. McCain was expected to do well in NH and he did.
Let's wait a few weeks before we try to crown anyone as a "favorite."

manu1959
01-09-2008, 12:13 AM
It is a small state, relevant only in the fact that it is the first real primary. And the vote margin was far from overwhelming on either side.
Hillary's victory in NH means little more than Obama's win in Iowa. McCain was expected to do well in NH and he did.

so you were disapointed in the results then......

82Marine89
01-09-2008, 12:13 AM
NH has 12 delegates as does Wyoming. Why does one get coverage and the other doesn't?

01-09-2008, 12:41 AM
NH has 12 delegates as does Wyoming. Why does one get coverage and the other doesn't?

and Romney got more delegates in Wyoming then McCain got in New Hampshire.

Let's see how Michigan goes. Obviously it will go to Hillary because Obama is not on the ballot (I still dont know why Obama and Edwards let her get away with that).

However, it's another match up with Romney and McCain. That will give us a bigger picture of whats going on.

Ultimately anything can happen between now and Super Tuesday. But I think the McCain win hurts Giuliani the most this second.

manu1959
01-09-2008, 12:43 AM

Let's see how Michigan goes. Obviously it will go to Hillary because Obama is not on the ballot (I still dont know why Obama and Edwards let her get away with that).

However, it's another match up with Romney and McCain. That will give us a bigger picture of whats going on.

Ultimately anything can happen between now and Super Tuesday. But I think the McCain win hurts Giuliani the most this second.

so lets say the final race for pres is hillary vs obama.....no gop....who do you elect.....

01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
so lets say the final race for pres is hillary vs obama.....no gop....who do you elect.....

Honestly, I prepare for Armageddon

manu1959
01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Honestly, I prepare for Armageddon

no really......pick.....hillary or obama......

pegwinn
01-09-2008, 01:30 AM

First in line.

01-09-2008, 01:46 AM
no really......pick.....hillary or obama......

Obama

01-09-2008, 01:47 AM
First in line.

Yeah well Wyoming was first

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 01:52 AM

When's the Michigan Primary? I thought they were all heading for South Carolina...................

01-09-2008, 01:53 AM
When's the Michigan Primary? I thought they were all heading for South Carolina...................

next tuesday. SC and Nevada are a week from Saturday.

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 01:55 AM
next tuesday. SC and Nevada are a week from Saturday.

SC and Nevada are the same day?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

01-09-2008, 01:58 AM
SC and Nevada are the same day?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

yes.

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 02:01 AM
yes.

What a crock of crap.

01-09-2008, 02:09 AM
What a crock of crap.

Why exactly is having Nevada and SC on the same day a crock of crap?

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Why exactly is having Nevada and SC on the same day a crock of crap?

Because the candidates should be in the state that is holding the primary.

01-09-2008, 02:50 AM

you dont like the thought of super tuesday do you?

red states rule
01-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Todays headline:

Hillary Sobs Her Way To A Win

GW in Ohio
01-09-2008, 11:00 AM

gaby: You're deliberately ignoring the dynamics of these election campaigns. New Hampshire's size and electoral votes are irrelevant. Because of its position as the first primary, it has a tremendous influence on the dynamics of the campaign.

If Hillary had lost decisively in NH, her campaign would've been on life support. But because she won, the money will start rolling in again and her campaign has all sorts of momentum.

Look at McCain and Romney and the effect New Hampshire had on their campaigns.

gabosaurus
01-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I liken New Hampshire to the first week of the college football season. Obama began the regular season ranked No. 1, only to lose his first game. The underdog Hillary eeked out a win.
But what happens later, when they both start to encounter tougher and more meaningful opponents?

I doubt Hillary's campaign would have been on "life support" if she had lost in NH. She knows that Michigan and South Carolina are much more important. Both are more meaningful in terms of how people regard the candidates.
I am waiting to see how Obama and Clinton approach the campaigns in those two states and how the voters turn out to support either one.

Hagbard Celine
01-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Keep telling yourself that, but NH is a wiley she-devil and she has ways of bringing you back for more.

pegwinn
01-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah well Wyoming was first

My bad, you are right.

In that case, I would guess they were punished for splitting the parties and essentially having two primary dates.

But don't take my word for it, I already screwed it up once. :laugh2:

pegwinn
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Feb 5 will be a bitch......... talk about spreading oneself thin. They could really be in a jam.