View Full Version : President Bush calls Iran 'threat to world peace'

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Story Highlights

NEW: Bush says Iran remains "a threat to world peace"
Comments come days after high-seas encounter between U.S., Iranian vessels
National security adviser: Iranians "are fishing in troubled waters here"
Pentagon video shows Iranian boats racing back and forth near U.S. Navy convoy

Bush called the incident "a very dangerous gesture" by Iran and warned the Islamic republic against any escalation.

"We have made it very clear, and they know our position, and that is: There
will be serious consequences if they attack our ships, pure and simple."

"My advice to them is: Don't do it."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Excerpt from Transmission" (Not subject to copyright laws)

"This is coalition warship. I am engaged in transit passage in accordance with international law. I intend no harm. Over."

"Inbound small craft: You are approaching a coalition warship operating in international waters. Your identity is not known; your intentions are unclear,"

"I am coming to you," a deep, thickly accented voice says in English over the radio.

"You may be subject to defensive measures. Request that you establish communications now or alter your course immediately to remain clear."

Immediately afterward, an accented voice says, "You will explode in a few minutes."

Then they drop small packages in the water.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Story..........
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/01/09/us.iran/index.html

Iran is a pain in the ass. They keep pulling this crap in International Waters, last time it was with those British Sailors(including a woman) that they kidnapped in International Waters. That Admiral should have fired upon the vessels after a threat like that.

We need to go after Iran and settle this once and for all. They have fucked with us one to many times and with other nations and the only way they will stop is if we attack them. Even the Democratic Candidates want to do that except for Obama who would rather get a reach around from them.

DrJohn
01-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Iran MAY be a threat to world peace....

Bush IS a threat to world peace.

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 03:51 PM

The hell he is.

DrJohn
01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
The hell he is.

How do you derail a thread by stating an opinion?

Thanks

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
How do you derail a thread by stating an opinion?

Thanks

That's not what this thread is about. If you want to rant about that start a damn thread about it.

LiberalNation
01-09-2008, 04:13 PM
WHy it's a totally on topic comment. Yeah Bush as/is a threat to world peace. Iran prolly could be one day too.

theHawk
01-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Could someone please define what "world peace" is? Then maybe we could talk about who is a threat to it.

World peace is simply a feel good statement that means nothing. Is leaving tyrants like Saddam in power considered "peace"? If so, then yea, I guess Bush is a threat to world peace.

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 04:39 PM
WHy it's a totally on topic comment. Yeah Bush as/is a threat to world peace. Iran prolly could be one day too.

You think Iran could one day threaten World Peace? I thought you said you didn't do drugs? If you don't then you shouldn't be graduating High School this year.

LiberalNation
01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
You hafta be starting wars to be a threat to "world peace". What county is Iran at war with right now.

Kathianne
01-09-2008, 04:43 PM
You hafta be starting wars to be a threat to "world peace". What county is Iran at war with right now.

Proxy war with Israel and Lebanon via Syria. Supplying and financing Hamas against Israel. Sending military into Iraq against US, even Sadr told them to knock it off.

LiberalNation
01-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes it is subjective but that state of Iran is not officially at war with anyone. They are supporting groups fighting in limited "wars" but the state of Iran is currently at peace and without enough power or influence to wage a successful war against any country I doubt they're gona be a huge threat to world peace. Iranians are not suicidal, they wont get themselves into a war with us or Israel.

Kathianne
01-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Yes it is subjective but that state of Iran is not officially at war with anyone. They are supporting groups fighting in limited "wars" but the state of Iran is currently at peace and without enough power or influence to wage a successful war against any country I doubt they're gona be a huge threat to world peace. Iranians are not suicidal, they wont get themselves into a war with us or Israel.

Ahem, we are not 'officially' at war either. Congress abdicated that responsibility back with Korea.

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM

The hell you do. If they are supporting countries that threaten world peace then same thing. They have been supporting Al Quaeda and enemies of the coalition in Afganistan and Iraq from day one. The provide troops, financial aid and weapons instead of helping to end the conflict, so to me that would be a threat to world peace. Also if you commit crimes against humanity or violate international waters like Iran does that is a threat to world peace as wars breakout from that. If that Admiral opened fire on those vessels a few days ago, that would have probably started a war with Iran since they are extremly unstable and hate almost every country with the exception of Russia, China and Korea.

The hell they wont get in a war with us. They are pusing buttons to try to get us to strike first, that's what this most recent event is about, also that is what capturing the British sailors was about as they knew nothing good would come of that.

hjmick
01-09-2008, 04:56 PM

Well, in the minds of some people, Iran started a war with the U.S. on November 4, 1979, when a group of Iranian militants took over the American embassy in support of Iran's revolution. They held 52 U.S. diplomats hostage for 444 days. This would not have been possible without the support of the government of Iran that was in place then and is still in control today. Now, unless I am mistaken, a country's embassy is supposed to be treated as sovereign territory, thus making the takeover an act of war.

LiberalNation
01-09-2008, 05:08 PM
You could also say all countries are a threat to world peace by their very nature. They are all independent groups of people with the abilty to start wars with other groups.

theHawk
01-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Ahem, we are not 'officially' at war either. Congress abdicated that responsibility back with Korea.

You beat me to it....

:clap:

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, in the minds of some people, Iran started a war with the U.S. on November 4, 1979, when a group of Iranian militants took over the American embassy in support of Iran's revolution. They held 52 U.S. diplomats hostage for 444 days. This would not have been possible without the support of the government of Iran that was in place then and is still in control today. Now, unless I am mistaken, a country's embassy is supposed to be treated as sovereign territory, thus making the takeover an act of war.

Don't confuse her with facts. :laugh2:

Kathianne
01-09-2008, 05:43 PM
This is what Iran is calling 'fabricated':

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8bLqPSjD7P8&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8bLqPSjD7P8&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

manu1959
01-09-2008, 05:49 PM

really which nation has bush voed to wipe of the face of the earth?....which terrorist organizations does bush arm and fund.....

i listened to obama last night claim that he will send more soliders to afganistan....does that make him a threat to word peace as well.....

france still has troops in the congo are they a threat?

how about the chinese and the slughter of monks in tibet?

manu1959
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM

technically korea is a cease fire .....

Kathianne
01-09-2008, 05:51 PM
technically korea is a cease fire .....

But never a war, ;)

manu1959
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
But never a war, ;)

it was not a declared war it was a police action....same as every war since wwii ....

Kathianne
01-09-2008, 05:55 PM
it was not a declared war it was a police action....same as every war since wwii ....

Yep, Congress has abdicated their declaring war. Allows them to back the president, then blame him. Allows them to be for it, then against it. Good deal they have there.

manu1959
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Yep, Congress has abdicated their declaring war. Allows them to back the president, then blame him. Allows them to be for it, then against it. Good deal they have there.

yep and both sides do it......like obama saying he has always been against the way then last night says he would send more troops to afganistan......

the gop plans to fight this war in iraq.......the dems plan to fight this war in afganistan......

bush was smart he moved the war from the mountains of afganistan where the russians lost to the desert and cites of iraq where our military has the edge....

Kathianne
01-09-2008, 06:05 PM
yep and both sides do it......like obama saying he has always been against the way then last night says he would send more troops to afganistan......

the gop plans to fight this war in iraq.......the dems plan to fight this war in afganistan......

bush was smart he moved the war from the mountains of afganistan where the russians lost to the desert and cites of iraq where our military has the edge....

Agreed.

Gaffer
01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
iran is definitely trying to get us to appear like we started a shooting war. They have every intention of escalating to all out war. They just want it to appear like we started it. There are 50,000 qods force operatives throughout the region. iran is supplying every terror organization in the world and they are crazy. The rulers of iran are radical fundamentalists that don't care who or how many people die. They intend to start an apocalyptic war to bring back the 12th imam.

Sooner or later they will get their war, but it will not be on the scale they want and will only involve the their defeat. And once they are taken down there wil be a big dip in terror activities world wide.

Kathy is right. Congress gave up their war powers with the Korean war. They would not declare war on a country if we were blatantly invaded by someone. A war is a war whether congress says so or not.

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 09:07 PM
iran is definitely trying to get us to appear like we started a shooting war. They have every intention of escalating to all out war. They just want it to appear like we started it. There are 50,000 qods force operatives throughout the region. iran is supplying every terror organization in the world and they are crazy. The rulers of iran are radical fundamentalists that don't care who or how many people die. They intend to start an apocalyptic war to bring back the 12th imam.

Sooner or later they will get their war, but it will not be on the scale they want and will only involve the their defeat. And once they are taken down there wil be a big dip in terror activities world wide.

Kathy is right. Congress gave up their war powers with the Korean war. They would not declare war on a country if we were blatantly invaded by someone. A war is a war whether congress says so or not.

I say we nuke them. :salute:

Gunny
01-10-2008, 07:16 AM

I can't seem to find that broken record emoticon ....:smoke:

retiredman
01-10-2008, 07:18 AM
I can't seem to find that broken record emoticon ....:smoke:

when you find it, please send it to me so that I can use it on RSR!

red states rule
01-10-2008, 07:30 AM

The appeasement wing of the Dem party speaks again

retiredman
01-10-2008, 07:33 AM
The appeasement wing of the Dem party speaks again

how does thinking that president Bush's reckless foreign policy is a threat to world peace equate to "appeasement"?

red states rule
01-10-2008, 07:38 AM
how does thinking that president Bush's reckless foreign policy is a threat to world peace equate to "appeasement"?

Yes

To the kook left, the only terrorist state is the US, and the only terrorist is Pres Bush

Dems have a long history of standing up to evil. They would rather ignore them and hope they go away

retiredman
01-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Yes

To the kook left, the only terrorist state is the US, and the only terrorist is Pres Bush

Dems have a long history of standing up to evil. They would rather ignore them and hope they go away

I think that our most dangerous enemy is state-less..... and you failed to answer my question.

which is the only way you ever deal with questions that befuddle you.

red states rule
01-10-2008, 07:51 AM
I think that our most dangerous enemy is state-less..... and you failed to answer my question.

which is the only way you ever deal with questions that befuddle you.

State-less? Little Adolf has a state, and he is a huge threat.

Dems loved his college speech, it sounded so much like a speech any Dem would make. Since he hates Pres Bush so much, Dems think he can be reasoned with

retiredman
01-10-2008, 07:54 AM
State-less? Little Adolf has a state, and he is a huge threat.

Dems loved his college speech, it sounded so much like a speech any Dem would make. Since he hates Pres Bush so much, Dems think he can be reasoned with

do you see the word "most" in my statement? Do you understand what that word means?
Get back to me on that.

red states rule
01-10-2008, 07:58 AM
do you see the word "most" in my statement? Do you understand what that word means?
Get back to me on that.

Still tapdancing? This thread is about little Adolf. Libs see him as they do Hugo - a misunderstood guy

retiredman
01-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Still tapdancing? This thread is about little Adolf. Libs see him as they do Hugo - a misunderstood guy

I am not tapdancing. I stated that our MOST dangerous enemy was stateless. Do you agree or disagree?

red states rule
01-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I am not tapdancing. I stated that our MOST dangerous enemy was stateless. Do you agree or disagree?

They are backed by, and protected by governments. One of them is Iran - and sooner or later has to be delt with

retiredman
01-10-2008, 08:09 AM
They are backed by, and protected by governments. One of them is Iran - and sooner or later has to be delt with

Is our most dangerous enemy stateless, yes or no?

and if yes, who would you say that it is?

and if you say AQ, are you still hawking that story that Iran is bankrolling and protecting AQ?

red states rule
01-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Is our most dangerous enemy stateless, yes or no?

and if yes, who would you say that it is?

and if you say AQ, are you still hawking that story that Iran is bankrolling and protecting AQ?

I see you are trying to change the topic of the thread. Iran is a threat, and the left sees Ira as a victim of Bush propaganda

retiredman
01-10-2008, 08:17 AM
I see you are trying to change the topic of the thread. Iran is a threat, and the left sees Ira as a victim of Bush propaganda

I see Iran as a threat. I do not see Iran as big of a threat as I do AQ, however.

gabosaurus
01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
I believe Bush remains a threat to world peace. Thank God we are rid of him soon.

5stringJeff
01-10-2008, 06:59 PM
As to Iran, it's certain that they are no friends of peace. They finance terrorists in Syria, Lebanon, and Palestine.

As to the declaration of war, it's not so much that Congress has abdicated its responsibility to declare war. Part of it is that under the UN, declaring war makes one an "agressor." Thus, we don't declare that we are "at war." However, Congress still gives the President authorization to make war.

mrg666
01-10-2008, 07:40 PM
iran is a threat to world peace as previously stated it's taken up libyas mantle of terrorist haven / provider .

Yurt
01-11-2008, 06:18 PM
I believe Bush remains a threat to world peace. Thank God we are rid of him soon.

yet you peacefully type this diatribe from your computer that is a country run by the "evil dictator/mad man" President Bush.

you really think iran's government would let you post this shite? of course you don't, yet you wail and moan over this country when they let you post your thoughts.

astounding

mrg666
01-11-2008, 09:16 PM
yet you peacefully type this diatribe from your computer that is a country run by the "evil dictator/mad man" President Bush.

you really think iran's government would let you post this shite? of course you don't, yet you wail and moan over this country when they let you post your thoughts.

astounding

thats the problem
some folk who have been bought up in a decent democratic society dont really appreciate the freedom they have .
they just want to rebel against a society that as afforded them a good education and lifestyle :laugh2:

nevadamedic
01-12-2008, 03:07 AM
iran is a threat to world peace as previously stated it's taken up libyas mantle of terrorist haven / provider .

Unfortunatly Maineman doesn't have common sense and doesn't understand logic.

red states rule
01-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Unfortunatly Maineman doesn't have common sense and doesn't understand logic.

that is common knowledge to everyone on the board

retiredman
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
that is common knowledge to everyone on the board
why the insults?
this was my statement:

I see Iran as a threat. I do not see Iran as big of a threat as I do AQ, however.

what do you have to say about it?

red states rule
01-12-2008, 06:19 PM
why the insults?
this was my statement:

What insult? I am telling the truth

Amazing how the left does not see Iran as a big a threat as AQ. Little Adolf with nuke is as bad as AQ with a nuke

gabosaurus
01-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Iran has as many nukes as the Fiji Islands. Do you want to invade both?

manu1959
01-15-2008, 12:05 AM

for the beaches and lack of burkas sure............

manu1959
01-15-2008, 12:06 AM
why the insults?
this was my statement:

do you think iran funds and supplies aq........

nevadamedic
01-15-2008, 12:26 AM
for the beaches and lack of burkas sure............

Don't confuse Gabby, I know it's easy but we have to try not to.

gabosaurus
01-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Don't confuse Gabby, I know it's easy but we have to try not to.

At least 82Marine doesn't own my butt. He will have you wearing a burka and following five steps behind him if you keep posting stupid replies to his posts.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 12:35 AM
At least 82Marine doesn't own my butt. He will have you wearing a burka and following five steps behind him if you keep posting stupid replies to his posts.

wow....there are so many options here.........think i will just open another bottle of vino.....

nevadamedic
01-15-2008, 01:17 AM

Hey may not own your butt, but im sure he rents it from time to time like most guys you know.

red states rule
01-16-2008, 07:23 AM

Of course not. Keith Olbermann told him so.

And besides, to libs like MM, anyone who hates Pres Bush as much as little Adolf does - can't be all bad

retiredman
01-16-2008, 09:25 AM

do I think the government of Iran funds and supplies Al Qaeda? no. do you?

Gunny
01-16-2008, 10:12 PM
why the insults?
this was my statement:

I see Iran and AQ as equal threats, Iran being the more urgent of the two with its quest for nuclear power.

AQ "would be" the bigger threat IF it had nuclear weapons. Suicidal idiots with nukes is NOT comforting.

However, Iran is hostile to the US and US interests, it's supporting terrorists in Iraq in direct opposition to US forces, and there's no doubt in my military mind they will attempt to use nuclear force as leverage.

Gunny
01-16-2008, 10:14 PM

Ah, the old you can't prove they have any so they don't schtick. Bullshit. Anyone that thinks Iran isn't going to develop nuclear weapons just as fast as they can get their little meatbeaters moving has marbles in their skull.

red states rule
01-18-2008, 05:54 AM
The lefts version of what happened in Hormuz

The Truth about Hormuz
By now, everyone has seen the video of what appears to be Iranian speedboats harassing U.S. Naval vessels in the Strait of Hormuz. The right-wing media's predictable response was to "Blame Iran First", and a giddy Bush was all set to launch Phase Three of his Illegal and Immoral War on Terror. But the Pentagon's version of the incident never sat quite right with me, and I wasn't able to put my finger on exactly why until this morning on the way to work.

I sat parked at a railroad crossing, watching the blur of boxcars speed by and feeling myself overcome by the strange sensation that it was actually myself who was moving, while the train sat motionless on the tracks, when it hit me like an empty can of Pabst Blue Ribbon tossed by my Uncle Jarvis Chomstein at last year's Chomstein Family Reunion and Colonic Rejuvenation Picnic. My Goddess, how could I have been so gullible? The whole video was an ILLUSION!!!

While it appeared to an unsuspecting viewer that Iranian watercraft were buzzing around our naval destroyers like flies on a turd, the exact opposite was true! These poor Persian pleasure-cruisers were probably out enjoying a nice afternoon on the water, when out of nowhere came a fleet of U.S. warships, a-whoopin' and a-hollerin' and givin' 'em a great big Number Six. The tiny boats sat helpless as the enormous vessels zipped circles around them, coming perilously close at times and threatening to capsize the tiny boats with their giant wakes. Since the cameras were most likely mounted on the decks of the destroyers, it created the illusion that the Iranians were actually darting around the ships! David Copperfield used the exact same trick to make the Statue of Liberty "vanish" years ago.

All this clever chicanery was no doubt conceived by Karl Rove so Bush could have a Gulf of Tonkin to follow-up his Reichstag Fire! I wouldn't be surprised to find out that all those videos of the 9/11 attacks were illusions as well, and we'll one day discover that what we really saw were two skyscrapers being quickly constructed in downtown Manhattan and then spitting out a couple of commercial airliners packed with people.

Where those people are now, only Bush knows.
http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2008/01/the-truth-about.html