PDA

View Full Version : Police chief canned for stealing firefighters' beer

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Story Highlights

Police Chief Brian Hill's dismissal is effective January 25
Surveillance camera caught Hill taking the beer; it's unclear why firemen had beer
Hill convicted of misdemeanor theft last month, placed on probation
Police, fire departments share a building; door between them usually unlocked

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/09/chief.beer.ap/index.html

:lol: It said the beer's value is less then $1,000. It has to be under $250 if it's a Misdemenor and normally they just cite the people like with a traffic ticket. I wonder why he got probation, especially with his service to the community.

Also why in the hell did the Fire Department have beer? That is a nono especially since they can not drink on or prior to their shift for obvious reasons. If they even have one beer, one glass of wine or a shot they are not allowed to respond. Something sounds funny here.

darin
01-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Funny - after I clicked on your link about the missing marine, I saw this story and thought "I wonder how long before that gets posted on the board?" :)

Hagbard Celine
01-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Eh. Maybe he shouldn't have been fired. It seems like an interdepartmental prank to me.

nevadamedic
01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Eh. Maybe he shouldn't have been fired. It seems like an interdepartmental prank to me.

I agree, we used to have fun with the Sheriff's Department when I was with the Fire and Rescue Service and vice versa.