PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams Supports the Troops

Kathianne
01-09-2008, 05:32 PM
He is 'interrupted' by a bugler. Quite touching and funny. via Blackfive (http://www.blackfive.net/main/2008/01/robin-williams.html)

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-RCIcZ1fIQ&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-RCIcZ1fIQ&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

Psychoblues
01-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Robin thinks the War On Iraq was and is a grave mistake on the part of the USA. He has said so repeatedly. Most Americans think the War On Iraq is a grave mistake. WE want our troops out of the way of harm in an unjustified and internationally illegal war. Our troops support that, our congress supports that but the ignorance that is displayed by the executive branch indicates that they have a better idea. I've heard that shit before.

There is no greater purpose or creed than for the Democrats to SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!! I quess the Repulicans think otherwise or would rather wish they all be simply dead. It beats the hell out of paying pensions and disabilities.

MtnBiker
01-09-2008, 11:41 PM
It is good to see Robin Williams spending time entertaining the troops.

emmett
01-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Robin thinks the War On Iraq was and is a grave mistake on the part of the USA. He has said so repeatedly. Most Americans think the War On Iraq is a grave mistake. WE want our troops out of the way of harm in an unjustified and internationally illegal war. Our troops support that, our congress supports that but the ignorance that is displayed by the executive branch indicates that they have a better idea. I've heard that shit before.

There is no greater purpose or creed than for the Democrats to SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!! I quess the Repulicans think otherwise or would rather wish they all be simply dead. It beats the hell out of paying pensions and disabilities.

Pensions are still paid to surviving spouses.

You don't really believe the president would like for all our service members to be dead David. Have you standing too close to the gas pump when fueling up and got high again?

manu1959
01-10-2008, 12:03 AM
in obama's speech last night he said that he would withdraw from iraq and invade afganistan....is the war in afganistan legal or illegal?

Kathianne
01-10-2008, 12:06 AM

Your input is appreciated. Waiting with baited breath for the links for your assertions.

nevadamedic
01-10-2008, 12:51 AM
He is 'interrupted' by a bugler. Quite touching and funny. via Blackfive (http://www.blackfive.net/main/2008/01/robin-williams.html)

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-RCIcZ1fIQ&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-RCIcZ1fIQ&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

I thought he was a Liberal?

MtnBiker
01-10-2008, 01:16 AM
I thought he was a Liberal?

So, he can't go and entertain the troops?

stephanie
01-10-2008, 01:28 AM
My hats off to Robin and all the others who go over and entertain the troops...:clap:

No matter their feeling on the war, they still go..

nevadamedic
01-10-2008, 02:09 AM
So, he can't go and entertain the troops?

That's against the Liberal bylaws. He will lose his lose his Liberal decoder ring for that one.

stephanie
01-10-2008, 02:36 AM
That's against the Liberal bylaws. He will lose his lose his Liberal decoder ring for that one.

get a grip:slap:....
they are doing and showing their support for the troops..
That says a lot about them..in my book..

nevadamedic
01-10-2008, 02:59 AM

Just like Dirty Harry Reid supports the troops?

stephanie
01-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Just like Dirty Harry Reid supports the troops?

We are talking bout Robin Williams and him entertaining the troops..Hello??

nevadamedic
01-10-2008, 03:06 AM
We are talking bout Robin Williams and him entertaining the troops..Hello??

Democrat's don't do anything to help other people unless there is a back end to the deal.

stephanie
01-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Democrat's don't do anything to help other people unless there is a back end to the deal.

whatever..:rolleyes:

nevadamedic
01-10-2008, 03:18 AM
whatever..:rolleyes:

I knew it, your a Democrat in disguise! :slap:

stephanie
01-10-2008, 03:22 AM
I knew it, your a Democrat in disguise! :slap:

whatever??:rolleyes:

AFbombloader
01-10-2008, 03:27 AM

From your post, I have to believe you are "most Americans", "the troops", and a member of "Congress" because you seem to be speaking for all of them. You sir are non of the above. Quit talking for anyone but yourself. If you want to say you want all of those things, fine. But without supporting links showing all the other groups feel as you do, quit talking out your ass. For one thing, I am an American serviceman and I disagree with you assertion. I want the job finished so no other people need to go back in 10 years.

AF:salute:

theHawk
01-10-2008, 09:10 AM
pb presumes that he knows whats best for the troops.

MtnBiker
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM

The man is over there shaking hands, telling jokes and making people laugh, what is wrong with that? So what if he is liberal, not everything has to have a political spin to it. By making such a comment you diminish your own character.

I'm having a hard time determining which post in this thread is more worthless, the one I just quoted or Psychoblues post.

trobinett
01-11-2008, 08:20 PM
The man is over there shaking hands, telling jokes and making people laugh, what is wrong with that? So what if he is liberal, not everything has to have a political spin to it. By making such a comment you diminish your own character.

I'm having a hard time determining which post in this thread is more worthless, the one I just quoted or Psychoblues post.

BOTH of those two, and many of the rest..............:finger3:

Psychoblues
01-17-2008, 09:31 PM
I can't do your reading for you, dumbass.

From your post, I have to believe you are "most Americans", "the troops", and a member of "Congress" because you seem to be speaking for all of them. You sir are non of the above. Quit talking for anyone but yourself. If you want to say you want all of those things, fine. But without supporting links showing all the other groups feel as you do, quit talking out your ass. For one thing, I am an American serviceman and I disagree with you assertion. I want the job finished so no other people need to go back in 10 years.

AF:salute:

I stand by what I said.

Psychoblues
01-17-2008, 09:34 PM
You are a liar, hawk.

pb presumes that he knows whats best for the troops.

I have never said that or intimated that.

Kathianne
01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
PB is trying to render the rest of us immobile via brainlash with the last two posts. Hold steady.

Psychoblues
01-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Don't blame your immobility on me, kitty. And don't accuse the rest of the board as being equally as immobile.

PB is trying to render the rest of us immobile via brainlash with the last two posts. Hold steady.

You have answered neither of my last 2 posts and I suspect that you will never answer them. To do so would be only to admit your ignorance and failure to comprehend.

Kathianne
01-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Don't blame your immobility on me, kitty. And don't accuse the rest of the board as being equally as immobile.

You have answered neither of my last 2 posts and I suspect that you will never answer them. To do so would be only to admit your ignorance and failure to comprehend.

right, now if only we could find them...

Psychoblues
01-17-2008, 10:20 PM
You can't find what just ain't there, kitty.

right, now if only we could find them...

Take your wild goose chase on down the road, OK?

Kathianne
01-17-2008, 10:37 PM
You can't find what just ain't there, kitty.

Take your wild goose chase on down the road, OK?

:fu: too funny! Still as the emo says, you are a loser of the fuktard degree.

Psychoblues
01-17-2008, 10:57 PM
kitty, your insulence noted, you must really hate yourself.

:fu: too funny! Still as the emo says, you are a loser of the fuktard degree.

As a "fuktard" as you like to call me I am very happy with your attitude.

typomaniac
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM

Holy crap! Something sensible from steph. There must really be a blizzard in hell right about now.
:clap:

Psychoblues
01-17-2008, 11:18 PM
GOOD MORNING, VIET NAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin is the very best.

actsnoblemartin
01-18-2008, 02:11 AM
I concur, I have seen some liberals in hollywood supportin the troops

GOOD MORNING, VIET NAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin is the very best.

Psychoblues
01-18-2008, 02:30 AM
I don't know of a liberal in Hollywood that doesn't support the troops, martin.

I concur, I have seen some liberals in hollywood supportin the troops

Clue me in if you have information contrary to that observation of mine?!?!?!?!?!?! OK?

actsnoblemartin
01-18-2008, 02:39 AM
sean penn, rosie o'donnell. I havent seen them go to iraq and afghanistan to say I support you and perform, pose for autographs.

Thats was my point

but its cool if u think of fool of it

:laugh2:

I don't know of a liberal in Hollywood that doesn't support the troops, martin.

Clue me in if you have information contrary to that observation of mine?!?!?!?!?!?! OK?

Psychoblues
01-18-2008, 03:06 AM
I suppose your next culprits will be the Dixie Chicks, Willie Nelson, Ben Affleck, etc.

sean penn, rosie o'donnell. I havent seen them go to iraq and afghanistan to say I support you and perform, pose for autographs.

Thats was my point

but its cool if u think of fool of it

:laugh2:

FoxNews reports that even Toby Keith has problems with the War On Iraq. Wait a minute,,,,,,,,even Toby Keith reports that he has a problem with the War On Iraq. Strike that.

I repeat, I don't know of a single Hollywood type or any even regional entertainer that does not support our troops. The implication that not supporting the War On Iraq is tantamount to non-support of the troops is dishonest at best and a damned lie for purely political purposes or somewhere in the middle. Even I shudder at the thought of what I would consider the worst in that scenario. Believe me, martin, I don't have much for anyone that would place a single American troop in harms way when they weren't willing to place themselves in the same line of fire for the good they hope to achieve from the death of that American soldier.

actsnoblemartin
01-18-2008, 03:41 AM
Im spefically talking about entertainers who put their money where their mouth is so to speak, denzel washington, gary senise, they give money to the troops.

We need more entertainers to go over to iraq and afghanistan and entertain the troops, words are meaningless.

Even mark cuban, donates money to the troops, but time is even more important

I like toby keith, and robin williams, i have no problem with their views on iraq.

Rosie o donell and sean penn, have said things that are untrue, and have potential to hurt our troops, they are entitled to be against the war, but if they lie, or distort the truth, then i have a problem, simplying disagreeing is not a criminal act :laugh2:

not agreeing with the war does NOT mean, hating/not supporting the troops

my bottom line: i think those with celebrity owe it to their country to go to iraq and afghanistan and entertain the troops. Give back to the country that made you what you are.

thats all.

in conclusion I think we agree, and furthermore I find that the questioning of people's patriotism simply for god forbid, thinking for themselves, and not being blind sheep, un-american, and borderline fascist.

I used to believe you had to support the mission to support the troops, and gladly raise my hand for the dunce cap.

I think we basically agree here no?

I suppose your next culprits will be the Dixie Chicks, Willie Nelson, Ben Affleck, etc.

FoxNews reports that even Toby Keith has problems with the War On Iraq. Wait a minute,,,,,,,,even Toby Keith reports that he has a problem with the War On Iraq. Strike that.

I repeat, I don't know of a single Hollywood type or any even regional entertainer that does not support our troops. The implication that not supporting the War On Iraq is tantamount to non-support of the troops is dishonest at best and a damned lie for purely political purposes or somewhere in the middle. Even I shudder at the thought of what I would consider the worst in that scenario. Believe me, martin, I don't have much for anyone that would place a single American troop in harms way when they weren't willing to place themselves in the same line of fire for the good they hope to achieve from the death of that American soldier.

stephanie
01-18-2008, 03:42 AM
Holy crap! Something sensible from steph.There must really be a blizzard in hell right about now.

Well...we're still waiting on something sensible from you..dearie..

Don't keep us in suspense..:poke:

actsnoblemartin
01-18-2008, 03:44 AM
just kiss and make up you two

:coffee:

stephanie
01-18-2008, 03:51 AM
just kiss and make up you two

:coffee:

NO..

But I do know something he can kiss...I'm sitting on it..:dance:

Psychoblues
01-18-2008, 04:14 AM
With that big ass of yours, staphy, I don't think a "kiss" is appropriate. Perhaps a big ol' wet smooch but a kiss is much too innocent, don't you agree?

NO..

But I do know something he can kiss...I'm sitting on it..:dance:

Can we get back to the purpose of the original post in this thread?

stephanie
01-18-2008, 04:28 AM
With that big ass of yours, staphy, I don't think a "kiss" is appropriate. Perhaps a big ol' wet smooch but a kiss is much too innocent, don't you agree?

Can we get back to the purpose of the original post in this thread?

Well...you would know about ass and horses..:poke:

typomaniac
01-18-2008, 07:15 PM

No problem; here it is:

I support the troops. :cool:

stephanie
01-18-2008, 07:51 PM
No problem; here it is:

I support the troops. :cool:

bullypulpit
01-19-2008, 05:34 AM
in obama's speech last night he said that he would withdraw from iraq and invade afganistan....is the war in afganistan legal or illegal?

The invasion of Afghanistan, although too long delayed after 9/11, was justified as the Taliban actively supported and harbored Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda. It was an action against an enemy which had struck America and killed her citizens.

The invasion of Iraq, on the other hand, was nothing more than Chimpy McPresident working off his chubby for Saddam, under the flimsiest of pretexts.

jimnyc
01-19-2008, 08:22 AM
The invasion of Afghanistan, although too long delayed after 9/11, was justified as the Taliban actively supported and harbored Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda. It was an action against an enemy which had struck America and killed her citizens.

I thought those who hijacked the airplanes were Saudi nationals? Are you implying it's ok to invade foreign nations where suspected terrorists are, where said nations had nothing to do with the attacks on 9/11, in order to seek out and kill or capture the terrorists? Should the UN governing body vote on this and give explicit permission to invade?

Psychoblues
01-19-2008, 09:50 PM
jim, I know you are trying to find some reasonable agreement here but Osama Bin Laden was also a Saudi national living and headquartered in Afghanistan and being protected and given safe harbour by the Taliban whic hwas the ruling jurisdiction then in Afghanistan and had been previously targeted and attacked with cruise missles and other more subversive measures on the orders by Bill Clinton despite MILLIONS of protests from the reich wingers that to this day embrace the Saudi regime that we recently gave 800 buillion dollars worth of military eqipment and other American treasure and trust even though it was Osama Bin Laden that planned and his surrogates carried out the attack on 9/11 and that he and Saddam Hussein hated each other and there has never been an iota of evidense presented that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 in fact just the opposite is true and you should know that.

I thought those who hijacked the airplanes were Saudi nationals? Are you implying it's ok to invade foreign nations where suspected terrorists are, where said nations had nothing to do with the attacks on 9/11, in order to seek out and kill or capture the terrorists? Should the UN governing body vote on this and give explicit permission to invade?