PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from airport

jimnyc
02-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Had to drop off my wife and son as they are going to Florida to visit her parents. It was much harder than I thought. It actually brought a tear to my eye when I watched my son walk into the terminal while I was pulling away. At the same time, I looked at him and for the first time he just reminded me so much of myself. Watching him with his little suitcase over his shoulder and waving with his little hand. Damn, he's growing up much too fast! I can only hope that little boy knows just how much he means to me and how much I love him.

He was nice when he hugged me goodbye but he's much more interested in the cool plane ride, and is in a rush to get there because he's going to Sea World and has a ticket to swim with the dolphins. :)

Dilloduck
02-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Had to drop off my wife and son as they are going to Florida to visit her parents. It was much harder than I thought. It actually brought a tear to my eye when I watched my son walk into the terminal while I was pulling away. At the same time, I looked at him and for the first time he just reminded me so much of myself. Watching him with his little suitcase over his shoulder and waving with his little hand. Damn, he's growing up much too fast! I can only hope that little boy knows just how much he means to me and how much I love him.

He was nice when he hugged me goodbye but he's much more interested in the cool plane ride, and is in a rush to get there because he's going to Sea World and has a ticket to swim with the dolphins. :)

The "cool" stuff gets old---A dads' love doesn't. Trust it and it won't be so sad when he's not aound .

jimnyc
02-17-2007, 06:37 PM
The "cool" stuff gets old---A dads' love doesn't. Trust it and it won't be so sad when he's not aound .

True, true. Not to mention, I have the whole house to myself for an entire week! :)

darin
02-17-2007, 06:57 PM
So - Par-Tay at Jim's place? :D

Abbey Marie
02-17-2007, 10:13 PM

Well, since I'm a heck of a lot closer than you, I'll let you know how it goes. I'll pick up Bonnie on the way if her hubby lets her go.
;) :D :dance:

KitchenKitten99
02-19-2007, 12:22 AM

swim with the dolphins? must be at Discovery Cove, which is on the other side of the street that Sea World is on (but sea world owns it). Tim and I went there on our honeymoon and got to do the same thing. It was SO much fun, and we have some great pictures.

If it is DC, he'll get to swim in a simulated coral reef with stingrays (stingers cut off) and other tropical fish, visit a tropical bird sanctuary and hand-feed really pretty tropical birds and small deer/animals.

Pale Rider
02-19-2007, 12:29 AM
True, true. Not to mention, I have the whole house to myself for an entire week! :)

I'll be over.... have the Jameson whiskey ready, and we'll order in some stripers!!! :D

On a more serious note, my son is 28. He's my one and only. I've told him many times that I love him, and likewise, he me. His mother is a piece of shit. He idiolizes his paw. I make no qualms about who I am when I talk to him, or when we're together. I wish my father had been more like that with me. My son can talk to me about anything, and I mean anything, and he does. I'm the voice of experience and matuatiry that he needs. I'm his anchor in life. Kids need that. What I'm saying is, don't coddle your kids. Teach them the facts of life, and how cruel and unforgiving it is. They will always remember that they have a great parent that they can always rely on for support and love. Relish these days when your son is young Jim. They're only "kids" for a short time, then all of a sudden they're all grown up, and all you want to do at times is kick their ass. Even though, you'll never regret having a "son".

(Please don't flame me for not saying "daughter". Don't have one, don't know, but I'm absolutey sure it's just as much fun for a mom to have a daughter as it is for pop to have a son.)

jackass
02-19-2007, 05:02 PM
(Please don't flame me for not saying "daughter". Don't have one, don't know, but I'm absolutey sure it's just as much fun for a mom to have a daughter as it is for pop to have a son.)

Actually I have both...and I am closer to my daughter than my son. I thinkits that Daddys little girl thing. I think that it when they both get older...my son and I will gravitate closer.

jimnyc
02-19-2007, 05:06 PM

Surely, just hit route 80 and go east about 2500 miles or so!

Well, since I'm a heck of a lot closer than you, I'll let you know how it goes. I'll pick up Bonnie on the way if her hubby lets her go.

Now THAT sounds like a plan to me :)

swim with the dolphins? must be at Discovery Cove, which is on the other side of the street that Sea World is on

My bad, you are correct!

I'll be over.... have the Jameson whiskey ready, and we'll order in some stripers!!! :D

I'd never turn down a stripper, especially if you're paying!

Nienna
02-22-2007, 08:52 AM

I know how you feel about them growing up, Jim, as I'm sure most parents do...

We have a little plastic step stool in the bathroom for the kids. They always used to stand on it to reach the sink or when I brushed their teeth or combed their hair. Today, I was trying to part my 8-year-old girl's hair, and I had to stand on the stool to see what I was doing! :(

Abbey Marie
02-22-2007, 04:46 PM
I know how you feel about them growing up, Jim, as I'm sure most parents do...

We have a little plastic step stool in the bathroom for the kids. They always used to stand on it to reach the sink or when I brushed their teeth or combed their hair. Today, I was trying to part my 8-year-old girl's hair, and I had to stand on the stool to see what I was doing! :(

And eventually, we'll be the toothless ones in diapers, talking gibberish.

KitchenKitten99
02-22-2007, 05:07 PM
And eventually, we'll be the toothless ones in diapers, talking gibberish.

I thought those were hippies and liberals running around my state capitol... :dunno:

Abbey Marie
02-22-2007, 05:10 PM
I thought those were hippies and liberals running around my state capitol... :dunno:

:laugh2: