PDA

View Full Version : Voter who made Clinton teary picked Obama

nevadamedic
01-10-2008, 03:30 AM
(CNN) – Many political observers are crediting Democrat Hillary Clinton's surprise win in New Hampshire to the New York senator's rare display of emotion at a Portsmouth Coffee shop Monday morning.

But Clinton's tearful moment failed to win at least one Granite State voter — the very woman who prompted her response in the first place.

Marianne Pernold-Young told CNN Wednesday she ultimately picked Barack Obama in Tuesday night's primary because of the Illinois senator's performance at a recent rally she attended.

"I was moved to tears. Not once, but twice," she said. "And he has this enormous electricity. And I was just taken aback. And I just had to go with my feelings."

Full Story...............
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/09/voter-who-made-clinton-cry-picked-obama/

Snap. I don't see why this is national news worthy though.

stephanie
01-10-2008, 03:52 AM
:laugh2:

Why was that video of her crying....made a headline to begin with??

America was....Shafted by the Clintoons, the Democrat party AND the lamestream media again..:dance:

mrg666
01-10-2008, 08:42 PM
:laugh2:

Why was that video of her crying....made a headline to begin with??

America was....Shafted by the Clintoons, the Democrat party AND the lamestream media again..:dance:

in the days of spin and media management ill bet ol hills been getting crying lessons just for occasions like this (think of your first dog that died ) or old waldolf the negro grdener that gave you an apple once (hes dead now)
folk are cleverer today than ever before image speaks loudest

5stringJeff
01-10-2008, 08:47 PM
"I was moved to tears. Not once, but twice," she said. "And he has this enormous electricity. And I was just taken aback. And I just had to go with my feelings."

Not that I would advocate taking the vote away from women, but when a woman votes on her "feelings," is she really doing the rest of the country any good?

Yurt
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Not that I would advocate taking the vote away from women, but when a woman votes on her "feelings," is she really doing the rest of the country any good?

i, feel, you may have a point. in all seriousness, this type of voting is unfortunately what most people use. i admit to it myself, i voted for manwhore in 92, was caught up in the "feeling", his charisma, his feeling my pain....

at its core, it is mob mentality. not just the charisma, but the entire "feeling" thing. in 92 i was 18 and caught up with my girlfriend's mom's high up politics (met frienkenstien and boxcutter). all i saw were dems and the feeling of going to those big time political events. it "felt" right.

hjmick
01-10-2008, 10:34 PM
i, feel, you may have a point. in all seriousness, this type of voting is unfortunately what most people use. i admit to it myself, i voted for manwhore in 92, was caught up in the "feeling", his charisma, his feeling my pain....

at its core, it is mob mentality. not just the charisma, but the entire "feeling" thing. in 92 i was 18 and caught up with my girlfriend's mom's high up politics (met frienkenstien and boxcutter). all i saw were dems and the feeling of going to those big time political events. it "felt" right.

YOU BASTARD! You voted for Feinstein and Boxer and Slick Willie?! :laugh2:

Yurt
01-10-2008, 10:38 PM

grabs concrete wall, extends gluts and awaits the handball.....

manu1959
01-10-2008, 10:38 PM

slick willie was a great mayor of sf and jerry brown was great in oakland.....

feinstein and boxer and pelosi was the year of the woman......when do their term limits kick in.....

Yurt
01-10-2008, 10:39 PM
slick willie was a great mayor of sf and jerry brown was great in oakland.....

feinstein and boxer and pelosi was the year of the woman......when do their term limits kick in.....

LOL, forgot about that guy

manu1959
01-10-2008, 10:42 PM
LOL, forgot about that guy

he was.....tons of stuff got built in sf and there were lots of jobs it was a great time actually......now under newsom and the rest of the loonies....companies are bailing....crime is up and jobs are down.....

hjmick
01-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Hell, I've even voted for a Democrat or two in my time. Most notably, I voted for Tom Bradley for governor.

manu1959
01-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Hell, I've even voted for a Democrat or two in my time. Most notably, I voted for Tom Bradley for governor.

i love tom bradley....

hjmick
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
i love tom bradley....

So did/do I. He was a great mayor, and I didn't even live in Los Angeles. He would have been a better governor, Deukmejian was a waste.

Yurt
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
he was.....tons of stuff got built in sf and there were lots of jobs it was a great time actually......now under newsom and the rest of the loonies....companies are bailing....crime is up and jobs are down.....

interesting, all i heard about were his scandels and "side deals" hence the "slick" part that even you named him by.

manu1959
01-10-2008, 11:33 PM
So did/do I. He was a great mayor, and I didn't even live in Los Angeles. He would have been a better governor, Deukmejian was a waste.

watched bradley get interviewed last night ...... great guy..... duke was a marooon.....

manu1959
01-10-2008, 11:34 PM
interesting, all i heard about were his scandels and "side deals" hence the "slick" part that even you named him by.

oh willie was all about the deal.....he was great ....olde school chicago politics all the way......

Yurt
01-10-2008, 11:34 PM

Yurt
01-10-2008, 11:39 PM
oh willie was all about the deal.....he was great ....olde school chicago politics all the way......

hmmmmmmmm, seems a little bit of wheeling and dealing is really the way to get things working a city........but, as you know and i am not assuming you are saying -- too much of a good thing is not such a good thing.

take away the wheeling and dealing and what our we left with? who controls the deals? who spins the wheels? because in reality, you can't spin a wheel, without.......well the wheel "don't spin on its own."

what exactly are you saying?

hjmick
01-10-2008, 11:41 PM
watched bradley get interviewed last night ...... great guy..... duke was a marooon.....

Who ran it? How old was the interview? He died in '98 or so.

manu1959
01-10-2008, 11:42 PM
hmmmmmmmm, seems a little bit of wheeling and dealing is really the way to get things working a city........but, as you know and i am not assuming you are saying -- too much of a good thing is not such a good thing.

take away the wheeling and dealing and what our we left with? who controls the deals? who spins the wheels? because in reality, you can't spin a wheel, without.......well the wheel "don't spin on its own."

what exactly are you saying?

i am saying willie played the game very well and got things done......

Yurt
01-10-2008, 11:59 PM
i am saying willie played the game very well and got things done......

so then what i said was right? or rather, what I asked, was right?

you have to know how to spin the wheel.... to get the deal

bill clinton was also called "slick"

many good things happened to this country under his presidency. and, it appears that many good things happened while willie was mayor. are these events directly related or was the economy and other factors the driving "success" of these two men? forget clinton actually, i am interested in willie.

manu1959
01-11-2008, 12:02 AM
so then what i said was right? or rather, what I asked, was right?

you have to know how to spin the wheel.... to get the deal

bill clinton was also called "slick"

many good things happened to this country under his presidency. and, it appears that many good things happened while willie was mayor. are these events directly related or was the economy and other factors the driving "success" of these two men? forget clinton actually, i am interested in willie.

both.....the economy was ripe and slick men take advantage of good situations......

Yurt
01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
both.....the economy was ripe and slick men take advantage of good situations......

you should be a politician :D

manu1959
01-11-2008, 12:37 AM
you should be a politician :D

i inhaled..... a lot......

hjmick
01-11-2008, 12:38 AM

You got my vote.

manu1959
01-11-2008, 12:49 AM
You got my vote.

write me in.....:laugh2:

Yurt
01-11-2008, 12:58 AM

politician

do they get discounts?

nevadamedic
01-11-2008, 01:50 AM

That would depend if she made that vote during that time of the month. :laugh2: