PDA

View Full Version : Vista Lands #1 Spot in Top-10 Worst of 2007

-Cp
01-10-2008, 04:07 PM
http://www.bootdaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=972&Itemid=56

typomaniac
01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
My laptop began dying a slow death last month, and I had to buy a new one with Vista. :mad:

No major compatibility issues yet, knock on wood.

mrg666
01-10-2008, 06:13 PM
My laptop began dying a slow death last month, and I had to buy a new one with Vista. :mad:

i think ive been lucky with my new laptop (vista ):laugh2: . every prog ive put in to date as been fine nero , ca antivirus , dvd shrink (very old proggy ) , convertx and some others i cant think of .
overall after the hype and compatibility scare mongering it's not bad once you get the feel of where everything is .

KitchenKitten99
01-11-2008, 12:01 PM
my husband has issues with Call of Duty 4, and that game was labeled to be compatible with Vista. The only real issues he has though, is the game will freeze for a few seconds every so often, and it doesn't happen every time. He is just making sure he keeps up with the Windows updates and downloads anything needed. Other than that, it works pretty nice. I definitely like the color scheme and setup a little better than XP. I have a free upgrade disc, should I choose to upgrade to Vista, but I won't anytime soon, because my favorite programs require way too many system tweaks to make it worth the couple extras I like with Vista. Plus my laptop is only 2GB, and you need 1GB just to run Vista. DH's laptop has 4GB (he had it custom built for gaming), so it handles it, no problem.

Remember how people said XP was loaded with issues, and now it works just fine? Sometimes they gotta work the unexpected bugs out of it.

Yurt
01-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Exactly fuzzy, if i don't have to, I won't buy Vista for another year or so. Have a problem now with my fan bracket, but so far, the arctic paste I bought is working until the new bracket comes. Probably should not run the computer, but eeeeh, oh well. If this one dies, Fry's has a MB/CPU combo for $89 that I will buy and XP will be installed on that as well.

Dilloduck
01-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Exactly fuzzy, if i don't have to, I won't buy Vista for another year or so. Have a problem now with my fan bracket, but so far, the arctic paste I bought is working until the new bracket comes. Probably should not run the computer, but eeeeh, oh well. If this one dies, Fry's has a MB/CPU combo for $89 that I will buy and XP will be installed on that as well.

I love Fry's---I could wander in that store for hours---getting rebates is a pain in the ass tho.

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 08:59 PM

Switch to linux.

-Cp
01-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Switch to linux.

Yeah.. then he can have even MORE compatability issues! Hurray!