PDA

View Full Version : What every other candidate can learn from McCain

typomaniac
01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
There are two things John McCain does that would make this election much easier on the voters if every other candidate did them as well:

1) McCain does not lie. You might not agree with what he says, or you may think it sounds crazy, but you can always be sure that McCain genuinely believes it. He's not saying it just because some poll-watcher told him to.

2) McCain's speeches are in front of small audiences by design: he picks people at random to ask questions, and he will always answer those questions. No hand-picked people following scripted questions there. He is not a "handled" candidate.

Dilloduck
01-10-2008, 07:41 PM
There are two things John McCain does that would make this election much easier on the voters if every other candidate did them as well:

1) McCain does not lie. You might not agree with what he says, or you may think it sounds crazy, but you can always be sure that McCain genuinely believes it. He's not saying it just because some poll-watcher told him to.

2) McCain's speeches are in front of small audiences by design: he picks people at random to ask questions, and he will always answer those questions. No hand-picked people following scripted questions there. He is not a "handled" candidate.

Are you sure he is not handled? Maybe he is handled so well you can't tell.

Yurt
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
sorry, that is all i saw

actually, McCain does lie. That was one of his arguments for his campaign finance reform bill. He argued that all politicians, including himself, lied and that the sytem was corrupting them and "forcing" them to do so. So naturally we should allow these lying and corrupt politicians to save the nation from themselves by prohibiting our right to free speech.

dont think the second one really matters.

Yurt
NOTHING.

sorry, that is all i saw

typomaniac
01-10-2008, 08:31 PM
actually, McCain does lie. That was one of his arguments for his campaign finance reform bill. He argued that all politicians, including himself, lied and that the sytem was corrupting them and "forcing" them to do so.

What specifically did McCain say he lied about? You don't have a link, do you?

01-10-2008, 08:40 PM
What specifically did McCain say he lied about? You don't have a link, do you?

he never really said. and its in his book about courage. I liked the book other than that, but when he said that i nearly threw the book across the room.