PDA

View Full Version : SC Republican debate

IknowBSwhenIseeit
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Did anyone see the debate tonight? I mean, is Ron Paul the only one who actually proposes actual solutions? The rest of the candidates are so full of BS that I'm questioning my own sanity as to why Paul is so low in the polls. As I'm typing this, they're saying that he lost the debate tonight but he's the only one that's even coming close to suggesting actual solutions. The rest of them are simply mentioning their credentials and promising to make CHANGES but not HOW they're going to do it. It just blows me away. I barely know enough about politics to hold a decent conversation but I know BS and it filled that stage tonight except for the bright spot filled by Ron Paul. Geez Almighty! What have we been reduced to?

Dilloduck
01-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Did anyone see the debate tonight? I mean, is Ron Paul the only one who actually proposes actual solutions? The rest of the candidates are so full of BS that I'm questioning my own sanity as to why Paul is so low in the polls. As I'm typing this, they're saying that he lost the debate tonight but he's the only one that's even coming close to suggesting actual solutions. The rest of them are simply mentioning their credentials and promising to make CHANGES but not HOW they're going to do it. It just blows me away. I barely know enough about politics to hold a decent conversation but I know BS and it filled that stage tonight except for the bright spot filled by Ron Paul. Geez Almighty! What have we been reduced to?

Ron Paul spammers. :laugh2:

manu1959
01-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Ron Paul spammers. :laugh2:

his name and the facts are oxymorons.......

IknowBSwhenIseeit
01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
That doesn't even make sense. Explain the oxymoron, moron.

Dilloduck
01-10-2008, 11:20 PM

Welcome to the board ! When is Paul gonna finally go the indepedent route ? The republican publicity has been great for him but he ain't one.

IknowBSwhenIseeit
01-10-2008, 11:24 PM
You know, I can't even come back with that one because I'm not big into politics. It's just that Paul is the only one who seems real other than maybe Huckabee. I'm so sick of the BS and promises and had to express myself...we shouldn't vote/go for someone because of their political affiliation. Hillary won the last debate but is a flip flopper. Tell me how that makes sense. Arnold Schwartzeneger (?) is president of CA. It makes me sick....
anyway......

manu1959
01-10-2008, 11:29 PM

that you don't know bs when you see it.....but you knew that huh.....

pegwinn
01-10-2008, 11:35 PM
I have not seen any of the debates other than highlights. To be honest I think they are fairly :lame2:.

What I would like to see is a round robin of one on ones. Paul v Huckabee v Romney v Rudy etc so that each candidate still in the race gets to go one on one with every other.

I would like to see them simply discuss/debate their entire platform/philosophy. Yeah, it would be a campaign ad, but it would get serious really quick.

These formats we are seeing, soundbytes designed to fit into eight minute slots between commercials.

I am kind of interested in the apparent anti-paul sentiment on a board that prides itself on being conservative and constitutional.

manu1959
01-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I have not seen any of the debates other than highlights. To be honest I think they are fairly :lame2:.

What I would like to see is a round robin of one on ones. Paul v Huckabee v Romney v Rudy etc so that each candidate still in the race gets to go one on one with every other.

I would like to see them simply discuss/debate their entire platform/philosophy. Yeah, it would be a campaign ad, but it would get serious really quick.

These formats we are seeing, soundbytes designed to fit into eight minute slots between commercials.

I am kind of interested in the apparent anti-paul sentiment on a board that prides itself on being conservative and constitutional.

paul is an isolationist.....and comes across as an angry loony.....

pegwinn
01-10-2008, 11:48 PM

Hillary is a tax and spend shrill old woman who cries on command.... yet she gets votes.

I agree that Paul would be best as an advisor. He is a constitutionalist and unfortunately the reality is that our nation is so far off the path that no one can get it back. Paul votes against the reality. I'd be pissed off too if I was Don Quixote and the windmills kept hitting me when my back was turned.

manu1959
01-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Hillary is a tax and spend shrill old woman who cries on command.... yet she gets votes.

I agree that Paul would be best as an advisor. He is a constitutionalist and unfortunately the reality is that our nation is so far off the path that no one can get it back. Paul votes against the reality. I'd be pissed off too if I was Don Quixote and the windmills kept hitting me when my back was turned.

dems are like that.....shrill is good....paul says some good things but his style and delivery suck......

nevadamedic
01-11-2008, 01:47 AM

Ron Paul is a racist moron.

01-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Ron Paul is a racist moron.

Your arguments are very convincing...

5stringJeff
01-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Better Ron Paul, who distrusts government, than McCain, who inherently trusts it.

Kathianne
01-11-2008, 08:22 AM

I agree with many of his stated positions, yet the effect of his campaign of creating a banner for all the nutters/haters to gather together makes my skin crawl. I certainly don't agree with his isolationism or monetary ideas. I'm going to go with Thompson, at least as long as he stays in the race.

I saw this, it sort of sums up my feelings about people I consider normally to be well informed and usually astute regarding politics, even if I don't agree with them:

http://www.redstate.com/blogs/ace_of_spades/2008/jan/10/leave_ron_paul_alone

....But I have never in my life witnessed the sort of zealotry that attaches some to Ron Paul.

Can anyone explain this to me? Why have so many otherwise sane-seeming people gone completely bug**** crazy over this flake?

I wasn't just tossing a cheap joke into the last post. Seriously, honestly: Let us put aside indelicate questions about Ron Paul's possible anti-semitism, racism, etc. Just let's leave that be for a moment.

Can Ron Paul's defenders please justify voting for a man who appears, based on the evidence, to be mentally unstable and haunted by a livable and low-grade, but quite real, case of paranoid schizophrenia?

If Art Bell told you he really had some great ideas about cutting the federal bureaucracy and returning to "constitutional governance," would you guys all flock to him, too?

Read on.

I don't know about you all, but "not google-eyed bat**** crazy" is one of my higher-priority qualifications for a president. Yes, I realize it's not actually explicitly listed as a qualification in the Constitution, but I'm comfortable unconstitutionally imposing this test on a would-be leader nevertheless.

Blimps and Nazis and maniacs and money that tracks you and a secret cabal of all-controlling international bankers. If this weren't all too real, it might make for a neat pulp fiction story. Maybe Doc Savage and the Trilateralists of Terror.

Money that spies on you. Money. That spies on you.

I realize if someone is capable of caring for themselves, we don't usually call them insane. We call them "eccentric." But honestly, if you guys heard a homeless dude spouting this sort of over-the-moon blather would you say, "Oh yeah, Stinky Ted here makes some good points about fiat money and the fed's plan to track my every movement with their newfangled SpyBacks" or would you just avert your eyes and hope he doesn't eat somebody someday? ...

Yurt
01-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Your arguments are very convincing...

:lol:

Ron Paul sucks so there...:laugh2:

Gaffer
01-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't call them debates. I call them question and answer sessions. And I can see why Fred holds them in disdain. I do too.

paul is a nut. He comes across as a nut. He sometimes comes across as senile. His base is a bunch of left wing Bush haters who are more manic than he is. He and kucinich would make a great team. If they ran together they might garner 1% of the US vote.

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Did anyone see the debate tonight? I mean, is Ron Paul the only one who actually proposes actual solutions? The rest of the candidates are so full of BS that I'm questioning my own sanity as to why Paul is so low in the polls. As I'm typing this, they're saying that he lost the debate tonight but he's the only one that's even coming close to suggesting actual solutions. The rest of them are simply mentioning their credentials and promising to make CHANGES but not HOW they're going to do it. It just blows me away. I barely know enough about politics to hold a decent conversation but I know BS and it filled that stage tonight except for the bright spot filled by Ron Paul. Geez Almighty! What have we been reduced to? That's funny from what I saw Thompson and Romney were the only ones not full of crap. Ron Paul is a senile old fart that needs a hearing aid and some mental help I mean even Bret Hume was asking Dummy Paul WTF are you talking about. McCain just kept talking in circles And Huckabee just acts like a mean spirited prick AS for Gulliani he's a 1 item candidate 9-11 MY favorite line was when Romney Told Paul to quit reading IMANUTJOBS press releases :laugh2:

pegwinn
01-11-2008, 09:35 PM
That's funny from what I saw Thompson and Romney were the only ones not full of crap. Thompson was good. Romney was a republican version of slick willie. Ron Paul is a senile old fart that needs a hearing aid and some mental help I mean even Bret Hume was asking Dummy Paul WTF are you talking about. Britt Hume is an idiot. Paul was addressing the aggressive talk the other guys were throwing out after the obligatory "of course we would go with the officer on the scene" crap. McCain just kept talking in circles And Huckabee just acts like a mean spirited prick AS for Gulliani he's a 1 item candidate 9-11 MY favorite line was when Romney Told Paul to quit reading IMANUTJOBS press releases :laugh2: Yah that was funny. Of course Romney didn't have a clue about what he was addressing. But, his one liner was great.

I actually Tivoed the thing and had to listen to Paul a couple of times to be sure of what he was trying to get across. I'm slow like that. The guy is consistently great on the Constitution but his delivery really needs work.

red states rule
01-12-2008, 08:58 AM

Ron Who is low in the polls because he is a nut who is need of serious help. He blames Amercia for the 9-11 attacks, and thinks the way to fight terrorists is to run away from them

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Ron Who is low in the polls because he is a nut who is need of serious help. He blames Amercia for the 9-11 attacks, and thinks the way to fight terrorists is to run away from themAfter the debates the other night RU PAUL is done he made the rest of republicans look sane