PDA

View Full Version : the doors....

manu1959
01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
i just ordered this....i can not wait for it to arrive....

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/79441

nevadamedic
01-11-2008, 01:26 AM
i just ordered this....i can not wait for it to arrive....

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/79441

Awesome, im all over that!

manu1959
01-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Awesome, im all over that!

you have a turntable to play it on?

dan
01-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Manu, are you a vinyl enthusiast? If I knew of more places to get records, I might get more into them.

nevadamedic
01-11-2008, 10:26 AM
you have a turntable to play it on?

Yes, I also have a Wurlitzer Jukebox that play's 45's and I've gotten it loaded with Rickey Nelson. I cant seem to find any 45's of the Doors. :(

manu1959
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Manu, are you a vinyl enthusiast? If I knew of more places to get records, I might get more into them.

yes i am .... i have every album i every bought going back to my first album rubber soul.....have a BAT vacuum tube system i play them on.....

i buy all my new albums online from music direct.....

i also have all my grandfaters 78's frome his music store days.....

and now people that saved all theri albums are giving me their collections....

dan
01-11-2008, 12:01 PM
yes i am .... i have every album i every bought going back to my first album rubber soul.....have a BAT vacuum tube system i play them on.....

i buy all my new albums online from music direct.....

i also have all my grandfaters 78's frome his music store days.....

and now people that saved all theri albums are giving me their collections....

Pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I've literally got massive piles of CDs all over my apartment, I don't think I need to start collecting another media format.

How do they ship records? Just curious, seems like it would be a difficult thing to package.

hjmick
01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
How do they ship records? Just curious, seems like it would be a difficult thing to package.

In pizza boxes. :lmao:

manu1959
01-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I've literally got massive piles of CDs all over my apartment, I don't think I need to start collecting another media format.

wrapped in foam with three to four layers of carboard each side with foam corner protectors.....plus the albums are thicker now so it is all pretty stable

nevadamedic
01-11-2008, 01:19 PM
wrapped in foam with three to four layers of carboard each side with foam corner protectors.....plus the albums are thicker now so it is all pretty stable

I have the complete Johnny Cash(Another of my favorites) collection on Vinyl as well as John Denver, Bill Cosby and Hank Williams, Ricky Nelson(My favorite), Tony Orlando(I've met him) and Jimmy Buffett given to me by my dad. I want to find the Door's, Johnny Cash, Jimmy Buffett and some of the current hit's on 45's for my jukebox as someone said you can get recent stuff like Uncle Kracker on Vinyl, anyone know a few websites where I can find these?

Originally Posted by dan

They have record shippers at Fedex, UPS and my least favorite DHL.

manu1959
01-11-2008, 01:28 PM
I have the complete Johnny Cash(Another of my favorites) collection on Vinyl as well as John Denver, Bill Cosby and Hank Williams, Ricky Nelson(My favorite), Tony Orlando(I've met him) and Jimmy Buffett given to me by my dad. I want to find the Door's, Johnny Cash, Jimmy Buffett and some of the current hit's on 45's for my jukebox as someone said you can get recent stuff like Uncle Kracker on Vinyl, anyone know a few websites where I can find these?

Originally Posted by dan

musicdirect .com

dan
01-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by dan

They have a special bin at my music store for Uncle Kracker:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/dumpster.jpg
:D

I'm surprised DHL's your least favorite, when I worked at the UPS Store, it was kind of an industry secret that DHL is the most reliable, but also the most expensive.

Said1
01-12-2008, 09:31 AM
They have a special bin at my music store for Uncle Kracker:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/dumpster.jpg
:D

:lol: