PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani's tax proposal

01-11-2008, 01:54 AM
I must say, i like Giuliani's tax proposal.

LiberalNation
01-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Considering our national deficit, this doesn't seem like a good time to be making more big tax cuts. Cut taxes while still spending spending spending is gona eventually cause problems.

01-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Considering our national deficit, this doesn't seem like a good time to be making more big tax cuts. Cut taxes while still spending spending spending is gona eventually cause problems.

Tax cuts bring in more revenue. And i hope he has some spending cuts too. But then im not voting for Giuliani at the moment. I just like cutting the tax percentages in half.

01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
here is a link to Rudy's tax proposal. Quite frankly i like it. Not enough to change my support to him, but i definitely like it.

http://www.joinrudy2008.com/issues/view/2

pegwinn
01-11-2008, 10:04 PM
here is a link to Rudy's tax proposal. Quite frankly i like it. Not enough to change my support to him, but i definitely like it.

http://www.joinrudy2008.com/issues/view/2

Snake Oil.

The President doesn't have the authority to cut taxes. The "Bush Tax Cut" would be more accurately described as "The GWB Tax Cut recommendation that was legislated by a R-Congress".

Finally, while I am not a Huckabee Hound, the Fairtax is the only actual tax reform package on the books. Anything else is just more tweaking of a corrupt system that only benefits the pols.

I like the lip service to "reducing spending". It's the same problem as tax cuts. The President isn't the budgeting authority. All he can do is recommend, beg, plead, deal, etc. It is Congress that sends the budget to the President. And since he has no line item veto (thanks to the MIB) he can only hope to take credit.

Don't mean to be a downer. But, the empty promises are only starting and I am already getting pissed.

red states rule
01-12-2008, 10:55 AM

Tax cuts increase revenues eveytime. I love Rudy's tax cut plan - it would increase US economic growth and put more people to work

Dems can't admit revenues are up, the annual deficit is down - despite the increased pork and Congressional perks