PDA

View Full Version : Questions on a Digital Camera.

nevadamedic
01-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I need to get a Digital Camera for work. I just need a cheap one so I can take a couple pictures od the Crooks I catch to attach them to paperwork, or if vandalizm happens or distruction of property happens. I was looking at the Polaroid A550. Does anyone know anything about this camera, it has no Optical Zoom, but I don't think I need it for what im doing but I don't know. It does have a 4x digital zoom. I am also looking at the Polaroid i531 with 3x optical and 4x digital. they have both of them at www.geeks.com under digital cameras. That site has them pretty cheap and they have a 1GB SD card for under $10.00, the have some great buys on everything from home electronics to computers, to accessories.

Also how many pictures can I get out of a 1gb memory card? What about a 2GB 4GB or 8GB?

Sitarro
02-04-2008, 12:16 AM
I've heard that Canon makes the best..... really.

Mr. P
02-04-2008, 12:24 AM
I need to get a Digital Camera for work. I just need a cheap one so I can take a couple pictures od the Crooks I catch to attach them to paperwork, or if vandalizm happens or distruction of property happens. .....

Employer won't provide one?

Mr. P
02-04-2008, 12:25 AM
I've heard that Canon makes the best..... really.

Nikon is better.

manu1959
02-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Nikon is better.

second that....

diuretic
02-04-2008, 03:27 AM
I have a Canon PowerShot A520 which is fine for me as I'm just a happy snapper anyway. It has a good auto process which means I don't have to fiddle around with it to get a decent shot out of it. No I won't be able to produce some of the great photos some of the expert blokes here have done but the quality is still pretty good. It works fine with Windows XP or various Linux OS so I'm happy with it.

nevadamedic
02-04-2008, 04:57 AM
Employer won't provide one?

They will but it takes months and the shit they give us barely works. I needed one asap for evidence photos and photo's of the crooks. I now have to do fingerprint's as well which is a pain in the ass especially if they were combative and had to hook them up.

nevadamedic
02-04-2008, 04:58 AM
I ended up getting a cheap 5MP Kodak. I've always had good luck with Kodak. Also Walmart had a two pack of Kodak 1 GB memory cards for $20.