PDA

View Full Version : MoveOn.org: A Joke?

hjmick
01-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Many folks on the right find it difficult to take MoveOn seriously, I'd like to think even some on the left find fault with the group. Heavily funded by that far left kook George Soros, responsible for the recent General Betray Us ads, the member-submitted TV ad which compared President Bush and Adolf Hitler. We all know the have most of the Democratic party in figurative headlock, evidenced by the fact that they were able to successfully encouraged the 2008 Democratic Presidential Candidates not to attend two debates sponsored by Fox News. Hell, Eli Pariser, Executive Director of MoveOn, stated in a in 2004 e-mail, referring to the Democratic Party: "grassroots contributors like us ... bought it, we own it, and we're going to take it back." Nice.

Anyway, you get the point. Well, in what I think can best be described as an attempt to become a better punchline, MoveOn has hired the managing editor of The Onion. If you're not familiar with The Onion (though I can't imagine anyone in this crowd wouldn't know about it), it is a satirical newspaper, quite funny actually. You can find it online if you're interested.

MoveOn.org peels editor off of satirical Onion paper
January 11, 3:28 AM

Lapsing into parody?

Lots of people on the right think that the liberal group MoveOn.org is a joke. Well, now they’ll have a bit more ammo in their argument.

The powerful liberal activist group has wooed Peter Koechley away from the satirical newspaper The Onion, where he was managing editor.

Complete Story... (http://www.examiner.com/blogs/Yeas_and_Nays/2008/1/11/MoveOnorg-peels-editor-off-of-satirical-Onion-paper)

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Whistling past a graveyard is a distraction when fear creeps in.

So is calling Moveon.org a joke.

01-11-2008, 11:56 AM

So moveon.org is dead?

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 11:59 AM
So moveon.org is dead?

No.

Apparently your ability to understand the written word is, though.

hjmick
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM

Really? I've never experienced fear when passing a cemetery. Good to know.

Honestly, I don't think MoveOn is a joke. I believe they are quite capable doing damage, to both Republicans and Democrats. Especially Democrats who don't fall into step with the MoveOn agenda. They are an organization both parties should be concerned about, for different reasons.

Just for the record, I did have tongue in cheek when choosing most of the words for my opening post.

01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
No.

Apparently your ability to understand the written word is, though.

I understood it perfectly. You seem don't though. When you compare moveon.org to a graveyard what is the most logical conclusion? That they are dead. It's your comparison.

MtnBiker

Must be for emotionally directed people.

Little-Acorn
MoveOn.org has always been a joke. Getting its expertise from The Onion, merely points it out.

What did you expect from a group that named itself after Democrats' desire that their actions not be examined too closely?

The good news is, if they start writing like The Onion does, they'll be closer to the truth than before.

01-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Must be for emotionally directed people.

Some people are afraid of silly things.

nevadamedic
01-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Many folks on the right find it difficult to take MoveOn seriously, I'd like to think even some on the left find fault with the group. Heavily funded by that far left kook George Soros, responsible for the recent General Betray Us ads, the member-submitted TV ad which compared President Bush and Adolf Hitler. We all know the have most of the Democratic party in figurative headlock, evidenced by the fact that they were able to successfully encouraged the 2008 Democratic Presidential Candidates not to attend two debates sponsored by Fox News. Hell, Eli Pariser, Executive Director of MoveOn, stated in a in 2004 e-mail, referring to the Democratic Party: "grassroots contributors like us ... bought it, we own it, and we're going to take it back." Nice.

Anyway, you get the point. Well, in what I think can best be described as an attempt to become a better punchline, MoveOn has hired the managing editor of The Onion. If you're not familiar with The Onion (though I can't imagine anyone in this crowd wouldn't know about it), it is a satirical newspaper, quite funny actually. You can find it online if you're interested.

:pee:Moveon.org

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I understood it perfectly. You seem don't though. When you compare moveon.org to a graveyard what is the most logical conclusion? That they are dead. It's your comparison.

You didn't.

I was comparing the reactions to fear.

manu1959
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
You didn't.

i fear neither.......move on seems to do more damge to candidates on the left than the right.....

Yurt
01-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Honestly, I don't think MoveOn is a joke. I believe they are quite capable doing damage, to both Republicans and Democrats. Especially Democrats who don't fall into step with the MoveOn agenda. They are an organization both parties should be concerned about, for different reasons.

Just for the record, I did have tongue in cheek when choosing most of the words for my opening post.

we all understood, joe steel doesn't have the ability to understand the written word though....

MO can do damage, they have crazy rich donors and the right needs to counter them.

JohnDoe
01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
i fear neither.......move on seems to do more damge to candidates on the left than the right.....

I suppose they do more damage to the left as you say, and similar to what many think about Rush Limbaugh really doing more damage to those on the right than the left. :D

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 01:47 PM

Claire McCaskill, my Democratic Senator, voted for the resolution condemning Moveon.org for the Betrayus ad. I'll think twice before voting for her again. In that sense, you're certainly correct.

01-11-2008, 01:52 PM
You didn't.

please dont take this the wrong way. But if you are afraid of a graveyard you are just a wuss.

manu1959
01-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I suppose they do more damage to the left as you say, and similar to what many think about Rush Limbaugh really doing more damage to those on the right than the left. :D

rush does not cause conservaties to turn on their people ..... move on attacks their own and neither changes the minds of the oposistion....

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 01:54 PM
I'll tell you what a joke is. A joke is trying to make the "Reagan revolution" anything but a snake oil festival.

manu1959
01-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I'll tell you what a joke is. A joke is trying to make the "Reagan revolution" anything but a snake oil festival.

why is that.....

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I'll tell you what a joke is. A joke is a Republican "debate."

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 02:00 PM
why is that.....

Reagan was one of the worst presidents in history. His policies, such as supply-side, did done more damage to the US than can be undone in our lifetimes. Trying to canonize him, as the current crop of Republican candidates is trying to do, is a cruel, cruel, joke being played on the American people.

manu1959
01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Reagan was one of the worst presidents in history. His policies, such as supply-side, did done more damage to the US than can be undone in our lifetimes. Trying to canonize him, as the current crop of Republican candidates is trying to do, is a cruel, cruel, joke being played on the American people.

really...what damage was done by his supply side economics?

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
really...what damage was done by his supply side economics?

Supply-side as a tax revenue enhancement has been widely and thoroughly discredited so we need not delve into that aspect. As a part of Reagan's medicine show, though, it's not mentioned as much.

Reagan was like the huckster sold snake oil to suckers and supply-side was his biggest seller. It was the miracle cure that would make all their troubles disappear without the slightest bit of discomfort. Less tax and more tax revenue. All gain and no pain. What more could any sucker want?

In the old days, the sucker bought the snake-oil, drank it and when he sobered-up he realized he had been taken. For his money he got nausea, a headache and a good lesson. Reagan changed that. Reagan convinced him that the government made him throw-up. Supply-side and all the other Reagan anti-government snake oil was just feel good rhetoric that served no useful purpose.

01-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Supply-side as a tax revenue enhancement has been widely and thoroughly discredited so we need not delve into that aspect. As a part of Reagan's medicine show, though, it's not mentioned as much.

Reagan was like the huckster sold snake oil to suckers and supply-side was his biggest seller. It was the miracle cure that would make all their troubles disappear without the slightest bit of discomfort. Less tax and more tax revenue. All gain and no pain. What more could any sucker want?

In the old days, the sucker bought the snake-oil, drank it and when he sobered-up he realized he had been taken. For his money he got nausea, a headache and a good lesson. Reagan changed that. Reagan convinced him that the government made him throw-up. Supply-side and all the other Reagan anti-government snake oil was just feel good rhetoric that served no useful purpose.

usually when someone announces something as discredited and doesnt bother supporting their assertion, they refuse to because they can't, not because its actually been discredited.

Yurt
01-11-2008, 04:43 PM

blah, blah, blah, blah

you didn't use one supportive point, you merely rattled on like a headless snake

manu1959
01-11-2008, 04:47 PM

are you saying supply side or incentive based economic systems can not work ..... ever ..... or only under reagan ...... and only demand side economics ..... and if it does work why not under reagan.....what did he do wrong....

you are aware that jfk implimented supply side therories as did clinton....

jimnyc
01-11-2008, 05:05 PM
The fact that jo jo supports these bunch of idiots just goes to show what types of retards they have as their support base. I'm glad they still exist as I admit to going to their site every now and again, because IT IS a joke! It's the same as when I go to DU when I need a good laugh and to see just how far out there the loony left has gone.

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 09:02 PM
usually when someone announces something as discredited and doesnt bother supporting their assertion, they refuse to because they can't, not because its actually been discredited.

A guy once told me the sun rose in the west at noon. I said that was nonsense and didn't bother to prove it. Everybody knows it's just not so.

Joe Steel
01-11-2008, 09:08 PM
are you saying supply side or incentive based economic systems can not work ..... ever ..... or only under reagan ...... and only demand side economics ..... and if it does work why not under reagan.....what did he do wrong....

you are aware that jfk implimented supply side therories as did clinton....

So? What makes you think they were right? Whatever economic improvement occurred after the tax cut wasn't necessarily because of the tax cut.

Tax cuts can provide some limited incentives but implementing massive tax cuts to create massive revenue increases just doesn't work.

BoogyMan
01-11-2008, 09:17 PM
New signage for the folks at MoveOn.org

BoogyMan
01-11-2008, 09:19 PM
MORE new signage for the folks at MoveOn.org

Chessplayer
01-19-2008, 02:56 AM
So, the ad by MOVE ON is bad because it compares Bush and Hitler, yet I see, on this board, avatars with pictures of Hillary Clinton and a Hitler moustache, and other references to Hitler...Is it only bad when the comparison is to Bush?

stephanie
01-19-2008, 03:37 AM
So, the ad by MOVE ON is bad because it compares Bush and Hitler, yet I see, on this board, avatars with pictures of Hillary Clinton and a Hitler moustache, and other references to Hitler...Is it only bad when the comparison is to Bush?

:coffee:

nevadamedic
01-19-2008, 03:55 AM

Moveon.org is definatly not a joke as jokes are supposed to be funny and there is nothing funny or honest about that so called orginization.

stephanie
01-19-2008, 04:08 AM
Moveon.org is definitely not a joke as jokes are supposed to be funny and there is nothing funny or honest about that so called organization.

Moveon.orgie is not to be taken as a Joke...they are a wing of the Clinton smear machine and should be taken very seriously....

But what's great...is that more people are onto them...Like the Clintons had the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy...

We all know about the Clintons.....Vast Destroy Anybody who gets in their way machine...and Moveon. orgie is just one of many of these....

Be aware...:cheers2:

nevadamedic
01-19-2008, 04:38 AM
Moveon.orgie is not to be taken as a Joke...they are a wing of the Clinton smear machine and should be taken very seriously....

But what's great...is that more people are onto them...Like the Clintons had the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy...

We all know about the Clintons.....Vast Destroy Anybody who gets in their way machine...and Moveon. orgie is just one of many of these....

Be aware...:cheers2:

Orgie? Sweet! :dance::laugh2:

nevadamedic
01-19-2008, 10:39 AM
QUOTE=BoogyMan;185095]MORE new signage for the folks at MoveOn.org[/QUOTE]
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:[ Thats awesome! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: