PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith

01-11-2008, 12:07 PM
has anyone else heard a rumor that he has become a Scientoligist?

Hagbard Celine
01-11-2008, 12:08 PM
I have. It saddens me. Whatever floats yer boat I guess. :dunno:

hjmick
01-11-2008, 12:08 PM
I have. It saddens me.

Ditto.

darin
01-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Right. Sucks. Poor Confused guy. :(

01-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Right. Sucks. Poor Confused guy. :(

its really sad because Will has been one of the best value oriented guy in Hollywood. And i hope this doesnt make him into another Tom Cruise.

darin
01-11-2008, 12:15 PM
right....especially hope the whole 'eating a placenta' doesn't rub off on Will.

Joan
01-11-2008, 12:31 PM
This us sad! Will Smith was always one of my favorites! Then again there was a time I adored Tom Cruise (my old boss once told me Jimmy reminded him of Tom). I never liked Brooke Shields, but after the shit he had to say about her, I lost all respect for him! I know what post-partum depression is like - and he is full of shit!! I still watch the re-runs of the Fresh Prince every night.! He, along with Bill Cosby are good role models for the African American youths of today!

Hagbard Celine
01-11-2008, 12:56 PM
right....especially hope the whole 'eating a placenta' doesn't rub off on Will.

It's really not that bad. I usually put a little placenta in my omelette in the morning. Placenta omelette and a glass of V8--life doesn't get much better! :poke:

nevadamedic
01-11-2008, 01:02 PM
has anyone else heard a rumor that he has become a Scientoligist?

If that's the case, I will never watch another movie of his again. He also donated to the max along with his wife Jada to Obama's campaign.

It look's like it's true. Here are a couple links.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/09/will-smith-scientologist_n_80622.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/11/20/will-smith-scientology-i_n_73469.html

Here's one from US Weekly about Smith not being one, but US Weekly is never accurate.
http://www.usmagazine.com/node/13674

Immanuel
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm confused. Just because he stated he is a scientologist, suddenly some people won't watch his movies anymore? That doesn't make sense. I realize the Church of Scientology is a cult, but what does that have to do with anything?

Would you not watch a tv program if a muslim were on it? A Mormon? Will you not vote for Mitt Romney simply because he is Mormon? Would you have (or did you) withhold your vote from John F. Kennedy because he was Catholic?

I like Will Smith and his movies. I like some of Tom Cruise's movies. Just because they have been suckered into a cult isn't going to change that. I'd suggest that those of you who care about Tom and Will pray for them rather than pout and scream that you won't watch their movies anymore.

Immie

Hagbard Celine
01-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm confused. Just because he stated he is a scientologist, suddenly some people won't watch his movies anymore? That doesn't make sense. I realize the Church of Scientology is a cult, but what does that have to do with anything?

Would you not watch a tv program if a muslim were on it? A Mormon? Will you not vote for Mitt Romney simply because he is Mormon? Would you have (or did you) withhold your vote from John F. Kennedy because he was Catholic?

I like Will Smith and his movies. I like some of Tom Cruise's movies. Just because they have been suckered into a cult isn't going to change that. I'd suggest that those of you who care about Tom and Will pray for them rather than pout and scream that you won't watch their movies anymore.

Immie

I've never dated a fat chick. Some people are just shallow Immanuel.

01-11-2008, 04:36 PM

Immie

im still watching his movies. Never liked Tom Cruise movies though so i dont watch them.

manu1959
01-11-2008, 04:51 PM

but you have slept with them? :laugh2:

jimnyc
01-11-2008, 04:56 PM

but you have slept with them? :laugh2:

You 2 just brought back some memories that I thought I had completely buried in my subconscious. Now I'll need treatment for those drunken nights again. It was just once and I'll never ever do it again! :(

Abbey Marie
01-11-2008, 05:06 PM

Immie

Let me preface by saying that I intended to see I Am Legend, and this will not change my mind one bit. But to reply to your point, if I feel really negative about someone's beliefs, I would not support them financially, which is what you are doing when you go to their movies, however indirectly. And to the second point, you can both pray for someone and wish to stay away them and/or their work. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Immanuel
01-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Let me preface by saying that I intended to see I Am Legend, and this will not change my mind one bit. But to reply to your point, if I feel really negative about someone's beliefs, I would not support them financially, which is what you are doing when you go to their movies, however indirectly. And to the second point, you can both pray for someone and wish to stay away them and/or their work. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Support them financially? Will is going to make a fortune for I am Legend whether we go to see that movie or not. In fact, he has already made his fortune from the movie. The people a boycott would hurt are not Will Smith and the other actors in the film, but rather those who produced and promoted it. I suppose you can blame them if they knew Will had been seduced into Scientology before they hired him.

I suppose you can make the point that boycotting his movies, if a boycott could conceivably have any affect what so ever, would convince the people who cast movies to hire Denzel Washington or Chris Rock, for the job rather than Will Smith, but I highly doubt it and I sure as heck wouldn't put any money on it.

Let me ask you something Abbey. I know you are a Christian. Do you think the boycott of Mel Gibson's movies because of The Passion of the Christ was justified let alone effective? Is there a difference?

Is Will Smith suddenly a terrible human being because he has been seduced by members of his community and a cult? It sickens me to think that Will Smith, John Travolta, Tom Cruise and other actors have fallen prey to this cult, but, I don't hold them responsible for this anymore than I hold a man/woman who is Jewish for their faith or God forgive me for being so politically incorrect here but neither do I hold a muslim responsible for being born into such a barbaric faith.

If I were an actor, should my movies be boycotted because I am Christian? What is the difference here?

Immie

Yurt
01-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Immanuel;185035]Support them financially? Will is going to make a fortune for I am Legend whether we go to see that movie or not. In fact, he has already made his fortune from the movie.

Do you donate to Allah? Allah is already rich......

I suppose you can make the point that boycotting his movies, if a boycott could conceivably have any affect what so ever, would convince the people who cast movies to hire Denzel Washington or Chris Rock, for the job rather than Will Smith, but I highly doubt it and I sure as heck wouldn't put any money on it.

You should not play texas hold em.....

Let me ask you something Abbey. I know you are a Christian. Do you think the boycott of Mel Gibson's movies because of The Passion of the Christ was justified let alone effective? Is there a difference?

shouldn't you ask those who boycotted the movie? Maybe we should all be sheep and see a movie, regardless of our beliefs........

Is Will Smith suddenly a terrible human being because he has been seduced by members of his community and a cult? It sickens me to think that Will Smith, John Travolta, Tom Cruise and other actors have fallen prey to this cult, but, I don't hold them responsible for this anymore than I hold a man/woman who is Jewish for their faith or God forgive me for being so politically incorrect here but neither do I hold a muslim responsible for being born into such a barbaric faith.

Would you pay to see an actor that openly admits blood rituals so that he/she can satisfy the devil that made their stardom? Actual blood.

Immanuel
01-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Do you donate to Allah? Allah is already rich......

No, but, I donate to my church willingly.

You should not play texas hold em.....

What's that got to do with anything here? And for the record, I don't, because unlike many, I am a damned terrible bluffer. You can see it written on my forehead when I try.

shouldn't you ask those who boycotted the movie? Maybe we should all be sheep and see a movie, regardless of our beliefs........

No, I should ask Abbey. If she respects a boycott of Will Smith's movies because he is a scientologist (and I am not stating she does) then the question is completely appropriate to ask her.

Would you pay to see an actor that openly admits blood rituals so that he/she can satisfy the devil that made their stardom? Actual blood.

Again, what does that have to do with this discussion? Are you insinuating that Will Smith participates in blood rituals? I honestly can't think of any actor who I would boycott simply because I disagreed with their religion. That doesn't mean I would pay to go see a movie with an actor that just plain stunk i.e. most of Julia Roberts movies, I did like Erin Brocovich (sp?), but what do their outside beliefs have to do with their movies?

Immie

Abbey Marie
01-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Support them financially? Will is going to make a fortune for I am Legend whether we go to see that movie or not. In fact, he has already made his fortune from the movie. The people a boycott would hurt are not Will Smith and the other actors in the film, but rather those who produced and promoted it. I suppose you can blame them if they knew Will had been seduced into Scientology before they hired him.

If I were an actor, should my movies be boycotted because I am Christian? What is the difference here?

Immie

Immie, I am sitting here wondering if you even read my post, since I made it clear there that I am still intending to see this movie. I certainly never said I was for a boycott of it. You know, in this post you sound exactly like JD?!

Anyway, our not supporting an actor can indeed have consequences for him or her, once the producers and studios know how people feel about the actor. Why do you think his studio dropped Tom Cruise after many years with him?

As for your last point, how do you know Will smith was "seduced" into Scientology? You'd better believe I hold Will Smith and the others responsible for their choices. Will Smith is a grown man, and has enough worldly experience to be responsible for his own choices. He's neither a child nor mentally challenged as far I can tell.