PDA

View Full Version : Hillary on immigration: "No woman is illegal"

Little-Acorn
01-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Must be nice to have one of the leading candidates for President of the United States tell you that you don't have to obey the laws of the country. Even more so when she makes sure there is plenty of press around to tell the whole country about it.

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.lvrj.com/news/13702902.html

LAS VEGAS STOP: Clinton pitch hits home

Democratic hopeful goes door to door

By MOLLY BALL
REVIEW-JOURNAL
Jan. 11, 2008

People in the Las Vegas neighborhood saw all the cameras and trucks and buses and police on the streets Thursday, and they began to trickle out of their houses to find out what was going on.

(snip)

Clinton and her busload of traveling press moved from there to the popular local Mexican restaurant Lindo Michoacan, where a "roundtable" that was actually square passed a microphone around to tell her people's concerns about the mortgage crisis and foreclosures. She took notes and munched on tortilla chips.

In broken English, one woman told Clinton how she wasn't making money as a broker anymore.

"I have no income at all," she said. "So how will I survive?"

Choking up with emotion, the woman said, "In my neighborhood, there are brand-new homes, but the value is nothing. I'm glad you are here so I can tell you, because you're going to be the president, I know."

A man shouted through an opening in the wall that his wife was illegal.

"No woman is illegal," Clinton said, to cheers.

(snip)

01-11-2008, 01:54 PM
already posted this:)