PDA

View Full Version : ADL To Supreme Court: States Should Regulate Firearms

stephanie
01-13-2008, 01:57 AM
Wow...:poke:

New York, NY, January 11, 2008 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today called on the United States Supreme Court to continue to allow states to protect their citizens' lives, liberty and property by regulating the purchase and possession of firearms. The League urged the Court to ensure that states retain the ability to keep guns out of the hands of "violent bigots."
Glen S. Lewy, ADL National Chair, and Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:

This case is about allowing states to protect their citizens' lives, liberty and property by regulating the purchase and possession of firearms.

Gun violence and the caching of dangerous weapons are commonplace among extremists. If states lose the right to regulate firearm ownership, it would help violent bigots in their efforts to create an America based on hate and intolerance. We urge the Supreme Court to ensure that states have the tools to counter these agents of hate.

read the rest..
http://www.adl.org/PresRele/SupremeCourt_33/5207_33.htm

5stringJeff
01-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Bigotry is no excuse to disarm someone.

TheSage
01-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Damn Steph, when did you become so anti-constitution? What goes on around here when I'm gone?

TheSage
01-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Or, maybe you were merely posting it because of how ridiculous and wrong you find it. If so, me so sorry.

Little-Acorn
01-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Glen S. Lewy, ADL National Chair, and Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:

This case is about allowing states to protect their citizens' lives, liberty and property by regulating the purchase and possession of firearms.
No, the case is NOT about that. The case concerns whether the city govt of DC exceeded it authority by making a law banning handguns, plus other laws putting draconian restrictions on other types of guns, rendering them useless for their intended purpose of defense and deterrence.

And the answer is a clear and resounding YES. Unless, of course, you try to pretend the 2nd amendment means something other than what it says. In modern language, "Since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary people to own and carry guns and other weapons, cannot be taken away or restricted." Some people try to pretend it refers to the "right" of a military group, or to military-style weapons, or even to "weapons with a sporting purpose" only. The degree of English illiteracy required to support such a distortion of the 2nd amendment, is astonishing.

If states lose the right to regulate firearm ownership
You can't lose what you never had in the first place.

Hugh Lincoln
01-13-2008, 01:06 PM
As Alex Linder says, "Gun control is goy control."

You never hear the ADL complaining about the teenage Israelis with Galils and Uzis hanging over their shoulders, do you?

stephanie
01-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Or, maybe you were merely posting it because of how ridiculous and wrong you find it. If so, me so sorry.

That was the reason I posted it..

HOW RIDICULOUS...because I own a gun.......I'm a bigot..

Hugh Lincoln
01-13-2008, 03:30 PM
That was the reason I posted it..

HOW RIDICULOUS...because I own a gun.......I'm a bigot..

But don't dismiss this notion. To the Jews, whites in general are highly suspect and must go to any length to prove themselves friendly to the Jews. A white with a gun is of deep concern. Whites with guns tend to believe in independence, freedom, and the use of force to defend the same. These are concepts Jews see as dangerous for them. They much prefer docile whites. They do not want you to have guns at all. They usually get their way in American politics, but this has proven to be a sticky spot.

waterrescuedude2000
01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
But don't dismiss this notion. To the Jews, whites in general are highly suspect and must go to any length to prove themselves friendly to the Jews. A white with a gun is of deep concern. Whites with guns tend to believe in independence, freedom, and the use of force to defend the same. These are concepts Jews see as dangerous for them. They much prefer docile whites. They do not want you to have guns at all. They usually get their way in American politics, but this has proven to be a sticky spot.

Its called Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. I saw that because they were on the back cover of the front sight firearms shooting school.