PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia wants American War Equipment

Classact
01-13-2008, 08:06 AM
President Bush will ask congress to approve an arms deal with Saudi Arabia http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/28/washington/28weapons.html

Why does SA want our weapons?

Will Democratic Party approve the sale?

Does President Bush acknowledge that the Dem's will win the election and a large scale ME war will follow?

I see a large ME war in late 2009-10, with gas at $15 a gallon, how about you?

5stringJeff
01-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Screw that. Let Saudi Arabia manufacture their own weapons.

Dilloduck
01-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Screw that. Let Saudi Arabia manufacture their own weapons.

I assume they would would get them elsewhere if not from us.

Classact
01-13-2008, 11:38 AM
I assume they would would get them elsewhere if not from us.Russia is already selling weapons to the people Saudi Arabia thinks it will need the weapons for. What other nation will sell the weapons, France, UK, China, Korea, Japan or Canada?

The real point is that the Democrats are promising to get our troops out of Iraq quickly and if Iran fills the power vaccum then Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and several other countries will fight back against Iran since the US has no backbone. Wouldn't you rather have Saudi Arabia bombing Iran than Iran bombing Saudi Arabia?

LiberalNation
01-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Israel to get "smarter" U.S.-made bombs than Saudis

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080113/ts_nm/arms_israel_saudi_dc;_ylt=Aoa1WYiqTCYB2vs5hcl8Wd53 4T0D

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - The United States has agreed in principle to provide Israel with better "smart bombs" than those it plans to sell Saudi Arabia under a regional defense package, senior Israeli security sources said on Sunday.

The plan has angered Israel's backers in Washington, who say the JDAMs, which give satellite guidance for bombs, may one day be used against the Jewish state or at least blunt its power to deter potential foes. Israel has had JDAMs since 1990 and has used them extensively in a 2006 offensive in Lebanon.

Psychoblues
01-17-2008, 11:15 PM
I was clearing out an old desk of mine. I'm sure the Saudi's would buy that as well. If it's American, right now, they'll buy it!!!!!! Just how long will that cute arrangement last?

actsnoblemartin
01-18-2008, 02:16 AM
You gotta thank those so called american companies, for selling out america.

Its a going out of business sale and everything must go!

I was clearing out an old desk of mine. I'm sure the Saudi's would buy that as well. If it's American, right now, they'll buy it!!!!!! Just how long will that cute arrangement last?