PDA

View Full Version : Bush: Iran threatens world security

nevadamedic
01-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Story Highlights

Bush says Iran funds terrorists, arms Taliban, destabilizes region
"Iran is the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism," he says in UAE speech
Bush praises democratic reforms in Gulf nations with authoritarian rulers

"Iran's actions threaten the security of nations everywhere," Bush said. "So the United States is strengthening our long-standing security commitments with our friends in the Gulf, and rallying friends around the world to confront this danger before it is too late."

Earlier Sunday in Bahrain, U.S. Vice Adm. Kevin Cosgriff, commander of the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet, which patrols the Gulf, told Bush that he took it "deadly seriously" when an Iranian fleet of high-speed boats on January 6 charged at and threatened to blow up a three-ship U.S. Navy convoy passing near Iranian waters. The Iranian naval forces vanished as the American ship commanders were preparing to open fire.

Full Story.............
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/13/bush.mideast.ap/index.html

By the sounds of this it sounds like we are going to go after Iran, which works for me.

gabosaurus
01-14-2008, 11:59 PM
George W. Bush threatens world security. Every day he is in office.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 12:08 AM
George W. Bush threatens world security. Every day he is in office.

really......who many countries did he attack......i will save you the trouble two.....how many did clinton attack....and the bonus question who declared war on the cigar king....and what was his response...

nevadamedic
01-15-2008, 12:21 AM
really......who many countries did he attack......i will save you the trouble two.....how many did clinton attack....and the bonus question who declared war on the cigar king....and what was his response...

:laugh2:

gabosaurus
01-15-2008, 12:25 AM
If you kill someone, does that make it OK for me to kill two others?
Clinton being an idiot does allow Bush free reign to be an idiot.

red states rule
01-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Story Highlights

Bush says Iran funds terrorists, arms Taliban, destabilizes region
"Iran is the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism," he says in UAE speech
Bush praises democratic reforms in Gulf nations with authoritarian rulers

"Iran's actions threaten the security of nations everywhere," Bush said. "So the United States is strengthening our long-standing security commitments with our friends in the Gulf, and rallying friends around the world to confront this danger before it is too late."

Earlier Sunday in Bahrain, U.S. Vice Adm. Kevin Cosgriff, commander of the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet, which patrols the Gulf, told Bush that he took it "deadly seriously" when an Iranian fleet of high-speed boats on January 6 charged at and threatened to blow up a three-ship U.S. Navy convoy passing near Iranian waters. The Iranian naval forces vanished as the American ship commanders were preparing to open fire.

Full Story.............
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/13/bush.mideast.ap/index.html

By the sounds of this it sounds like we are going to go after Iran, which works for me.

and leave it to the liberal media to side with Iran. Keith Overbite went on his usual rant. Since very few people watch his show, allow me to enlighten the folks

Olbermann Accuses Joint Chiefs of Faking 'Gulf of Tonkin' with Iran
By Brad Wilmouth | January 15, 2008 - 00:11 ET
On Monday's Countdown show, MSNBC host Keith Olbermann used his regular "Worst Person in the World" segment to accuse the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Admiral Michael Mullen, of trying to "fake" a "Gulf of Tonkin" incident with Iran over the recent U.S. Navy confrontation with Iranian navy speed boats in the Strait of Hormuz. Referring to reports that, out of five Iranian boats, only one unarmed boat approached the U.S. Navy ships, and that the threatening message received could have come from a "well-known marine heckler" of the area, Olbermann awarded the "Worst Person" dishonor to Mullen: "So you guys tried to fake another Gulf of Tonkin incident using some clown with a CB radio and the lethal threat posed by the S.S. Minnow? Joint Chiefs Chairman Mike Mullen, on behalf of the Bush administration, today's 'Worst Person in the World'!"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/01/15/olbermann-accuses-joints-chiefs-faking-gulf-tonkin-iran

retiredman
01-15-2008, 07:31 AM
the Navy itself admitted that the threatening radio transmission did not, in all probability, come from the Iranian patrol boats. fact.

but you only CLAIM to like facts...when you really only like to incorrectly label opinions that support yours "facts". bogus.

red states rule
01-15-2008, 07:35 AM
the Navy itself admitted that the threatening radio transmission did not, in all probability, come from the Iranian patrol boats. fact.

but you only CLAIM to like facts...when you really only like to incorrectly label opinions that support yours "facts". bogus.

Your point is?

Mine is the liberal media is jumping on the military and starting the usual smears they are famous for

retiredman
01-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Your point is?

Mine is the liberal media is jumping on the military and starting the usual smears they are famous for

my point is: the administration made this out to be a much more confrontational event than it actually was....
are you surprised?

red states rule
01-15-2008, 07:46 AM
my point is: the administration made this out to be a much more confrontational event than it actually was....
are you surprised?

I saw the vidoe of the Iraq boats closing on our ships in international waters.

Now the liberal media, and libs like you, are blaming the US for the incident

retiredman
01-15-2008, 07:55 AM
I saw the vidoe of the Iraq boats closing on our ships in international waters.

Now the liberal media, and libs like you, are blaming the US for the incident

I am not blaming the US for the incident. I am blaming the administration for trying to make it an "incident". I have been in the straits of hormuz a ton of times.... I have been approached by Iranian gunboats at a close range. It was never an "incident". I have been WAY closer to soviet gun boats and intelligence ships than those Iranian motorboats ever came to the destroyers and THOSE were never "incidents" when I was at sea. It is what happens in international waters and choke points...like the straits of hormus, or the english channel, or the irish sea, or the iceland-uk gap or the straits of malacca. no biggie.

red states rule
01-15-2008, 08:07 AM
I am not blaming the US for the incident. I am blaming the administration for trying to make it an "incident". I have been in the straits of hormuz a ton of times.... I have been approached by Iranian gunboats at a close range. It was never an "incident". I have been WAY closer to soviet gun boats and intelligence ships than those Iranian motorboats ever came to the destroyers and THOSE were never "incidents" when I was at sea. It is what happens in international waters and choke points...like the straits of hormus, or the english channel, or the irish sea, or the iceland-uk gap or the straits of malacca. no biggie.

Why am I not surprised you would side with Little Adolf in Iran then your own President

retiredman
01-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Why am I not surprised you would side with Little Adolf in Iran then your own President

I am not "siding" with anyone. I am merely stating that, as someone who has been in that very stretch of water - and many other choke points like it, the "incident" in question was really no big deal and the Bush administration made it out to be. that's all.

Gaffer
01-15-2008, 11:53 AM
I am not "siding" with anyone. I am merely stating that, as someone who has been in that very stretch of water - and many other choke points like it, the "incident" in question was really no big deal and the Bush administration made it out to be. that's all.

It seems to me the media has made it an incident. The administration didn't say anything or release the video until the media started reporting on it. And the very first report I heard referred to a gulf of tonkin type action. As usual your too quick to blame the administration. The military has even said that they have incidents like this regularly in that area.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 12:00 PM
It seems to me the media has made it an incident. The administration didn't say anything or release the video until the media started reporting on it. And the very first report I heard referred to a gulf of tonkin type action. As usual your too quick to blame the administration. The military has even said that they have incidents like this regularly in that area.

i agree......this was a non issue till the media decided to use it as "bush's reason for war with iran"....

Chessplayer
01-19-2008, 03:02 AM

I'm curious, if Hillary gets elected, will she be "your own President?"

nevadamedic
01-19-2008, 03:59 AM

If Hillary get's elected? She will NEVER get elected.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 06:55 AM

Considering she will never get elected - no

Unlike libs, when Dems are elected I do not whine about the election being stolen, promise to leave the US, scream for secession, or call for a revolution

I accept it and move on

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 07:02 AM
i agree......this was a non issue till the media decided to use it as "bush's reason for war with iran"....

Why would the liberal, anti war, media want to "help Bush start another war?"

red states rule
01-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Why would the liberal, anti war, media want to "help Bush start another war?"

It is called liberal logic PR

Here is an example of it

Bush Itching to Bomb Poland
It was supposed to be a mission of peace, but warmonger chickenhawk Bush just couldn't resist rattling his ill-gotten saber as he swaggered around Israel this week.

"We should have bombed it," snickered Bush, in reference to the former Nazi Concentration Camp known as Auschwitz.

Auschwitz was named a World Heritage Site by the United Nations and is considered hallowed ground by the Jewish community. But the Shrub is itching to bomb something, and if it can't be Iran then I guess it'll have to be a defunct death camp in Poland. Whether it's to cover up Grandpappy Prescott's crimes, or to pay Poland back for it's recent talks with the Evil Empire, Bush must not be allowed to invade another country that poses no threat to America, except for maybe clogging our arteries with their sausages of mass destruction.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2008/01/bush-threatens.html