PDA

View Full Version : Clinton adviser charged with DWI

nevadamedic
01-13-2008, 02:11 PM
NASHUA, New Hampshire (AP) – A senior adviser to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton was arrested and charged with aggravated drunken driving a day before the New Hampshire primary.

Nashua police say Sidney Blumenthal was arrested early Monday morning after an officer pulled over a car traveling 70 mph in a 30 mph zone. Blumenthal, 59, is a journalist and former White House adviser to President Bill Clinton who is now serving as an unpaid adviser on Hillary Clinton's campaign.

"I asked if he was here with a campaign. He said he was here with Clinton," Sgt. Mike Masella, one of the arresting officers, told newsweek.com.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/12/clinton-advisor-charged-with-dwi/

Is this really a surprise to anyone? If I worked for or with the Clinton's I would be a heavy drinker as well.

eighballsidepocket
01-14-2008, 12:05 PM
NASHUA, New Hampshire (AP) – A senior adviser to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton was arrested and charged with aggravated drunken driving a day before the New Hampshire primary.

Nashua police say Sidney Blumenthal was arrested early Monday morning after an officer pulled over a car traveling 70 mph in a 30 mph zone. Blumenthal, 59, is a journalist and former White House adviser to President Bill Clinton who is now serving as an unpaid adviser on Hillary Clinton's campaign.

"I asked if he was here with a campaign. He said he was here with Clinton," Sgt. Mike Masella, one of the arresting officers, told newsweek.com.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/12/clinton-advisor-charged-with-dwi/

Is this really a surprise to anyone? If I worked for or with the Clinton's I would be a heavy drinker as well.

Why is this news? Poor folks, rich folks, dumb folks, smart folks, have been getting introuble with booze since the invention of of the stuff thousands of years ago.

I don't care what political spectrum (Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, etc.) one is from, DWI's/DUI's etc.. is not a respecter of anyone's party affiliation or political philosophy.

This does not necessarily reflect on the person running for office in my opinion, as much as it centers on problems that this particular political/campaign worker has with possible booze addiction.

I remember how GWB was attacked just at a crucial time in his running for President, because of his past alcohol problems. He was on the "wagon" and staying dry for years, but that was a pretty lame attack at hurting him, just the same.

I have my party or political preferences, but a DUI arrest by a party worker shouldn't transfer some kind of negative image on the candidate in whom this person is campaigning for.